News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

J.E.Smith

I dare them to do this.
This needs to happen.

-
What about the joke I made earlier?
I still think Big Al badly singing Let It Go on a loop and Buff complaining about it being overplayed as it is would be funny.

Or if they rewrote the lyrics to be more like the Christmas and Vacation shows with Big Al's wife leaving him but him being more concerned of something else she took.

BIG AL: Let it gooooooooo
Let it gooooooooo
I'm runnin' out of luck...
My wife took off with my hound dog....
And my pick up truuuuuuuuuuuck...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Whole New World is an iconic Disney song so it makes sense to be included.

The team behind this project seems very passionate about making this an authentic experience.
In a “country” bears attractions? How is that song and try everything from zootopia “authentic” in frontierland

I feel like they are just giving up and turning it into a showbiz pizza / chucky cheese band now with any Disney songs they want with zero theme

I had high hopes for a country bears refresh. I did not expect them to ruin it with IP that doesn’t fit it. AT ALL

LittleBuford

In a “country” bears attractions? How is that song and try everything from zootopia “authentic” in frontierland
I suggest watching the video to hear the countrified reinterpretation, which does indeed sound very good.

I’m less convinced by “A Whole New World”, but they didn’t play enough of it for me to make a proper assessment.

Weather_Lady

Yuck. I can't imagine one of the bears singing like that. This is going to be a trainwreck.

Was "A Whole New World" also for CBJ? This is almost laughable, except I'm crying because I'm sad. What a stupid thing they are doing to the Country Bears.
Agreed. These songs have no place in Frontierland. Here's yet another unique, cohesive, and well-themed - and I daresay, culturally educational - attraction ("featuring a bit of Americana, our musical heritage of the past"), destroyed by Disney cramming randomly-selected IP where it doesn't belong, in as ham-fisted and tonedeaf a way as possible. (Sorry, but I loved the original. It needed to be plussed and given a technological update, not obliterated. CBJ was always a must-do for me. Now, I cringe at the thought of it.)

At this point we might as well rename Frontierland, and call it "Whatevs Land."

EDITED TO ADD: @GhostHost1000's reference to Chuck E. Cheese is incredibly apt. Perhaps that's where the Imagineers are drawing their inspiration now, which would also explain why the new Morocco tile work looks like it's straight out of a Chuck E. Cheese restroom! ;)

Last edited:

PK2

I'm still fundamentally not a fan of the concept of this redo, but I will say that a bear giving a full throated country interpretation of "Try Everything" while a slideshow of them unsuccessfully (?) trying out adventurous activities plays, which is what I deciphered from what they were saying in the video, is deeply deeply charming given the project constraints. Hopefully the other songs can be presented in equally fun ways, at least.

ToTBellHop

I'm still fundamentally not a fan of the concept of this redo, but I will say that a bear giving a full throated country interpretation of "Try Everything" while a slideshow of them unsuccessfully (?) trying out adventurous activities plays, which is what I deciphered from what they were saying in the video, is deeply deeply charming given the project constraints. Hopefully the other songs can be presented in equally fun ways, at least.
Agreed. I’m mostly struggling with “A Whole New World” but I’m not an Imagineer. Hopefully, their creative vision can pull this off. I think, at the end of the day, we all want updates that ensure this show stays around another 50 years. It would be all too easy to rip it out and put in a bus bar ride we all suggest we want.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney was able to make "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime" in the Christmas fireworks somewhat tolerable. And that's one of the worst songs ever, let alone amongst the Christmas song repertoire.

So, I hope they can work their orchestration and digital tuning magic on the clip of "Whole New World" which we heard in the Imagineering video, which was flat and awful and the harmonization didn't blend.

Hey, I heard Angie Keilhauer attempt to sing "Happily Ever After" live and it sounded awful. But, they were able to make her sound good (mostly) in "Happily Ever After" final recording.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom