News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

The Leader of the Club

Try everything works for Trixie really well ! Fits her character, a whole new world duet with Teddie and Big Al is such a weird choice.
Judging from the poster, I believe it’ll be Teddi and Wendell

Attachments

• IMG_5189.jpeg
    IMG_5189.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 53

Animaniac93-98

Whole New World is an iconic Disney song so it makes sense to be included.

The team behind this project seems very passionate about making this an authentic experience.

I personally don't see what is "authentic" about the Zootopia song spun in a country style.

The new YouTube video goes to great lengths to describe not only who was involved, but why certain songs were selected for Tiana's Bayou Adventure. The songs chosen have actual historical and meaningful context for New Orleans.

That level of thought and care is absent with the new Country Bears. They could have used real country songs that have cultural significance of their own, but just chose to do Disney tunes instead...that's what makes this new show so disappointing.

eddie104

I personally don't see what is "authentic" about the Zootopia song spun in a country style.

The new YouTube video goes to great lengths to describe not only who was involved, but why certain songs were selected for Tiana's Bayou Adventure. The songs chosen have actual historical and meaningful context for New Orleans.

That level of thought and care is absent with the new Country Bears. They could have used real country songs that have cultural significance of their own, but just chose to do Disney tunes instead...that's what makes this new show so disappointing.
I can’t argue with those of you who loved the original iteration.

But what else did could they have done with the current IP mandate of the company?

It would either be updated or torn down and I feel like they made a compromise that preserved the attraction’s legacy.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

The show wasn’t running near empty shows.

Sure it was, it was always empty, even on holidays.

Also, it got the worst guest scores of any ride.

Also, they lost the rights to play the songs.

Also, there was a lawsuit after a guest fell off the stage.

Also, the theater was on top of a sinkhole.

Also, one of the bears exploded mid show (FOR REAL, my in-laws saw the whole thing!)

Also, GM said they'd pay for a new show

Also...

splah

i wish they'd find another duet, a new world didn't work as a country song in 1996 on the old album and it doesn't work now. this particular version doesn't even sound that country. maybe if they tempo and inflections were different, the notes are too long.

try everything sounds like it works as rewritten

Consumer

Emily Ann Roberts is in the new Country Bear Jamboree??? I'm sold. I don't care how stupid this overlay. I adore her music. If you're not familiar with her work, check her out. She's an up-and-coming country artist from eastern Tennessee with incredibly tradition country sound. She's perfect for CBJ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom