News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Starship824

In the Parks
No
These previews are making me very nervous, at least the creators have a lot of passion but it definitely isn't my taste although to be fair to them I don't like country music very much anyway.

ToTBellHop

These previews are making me very nervous, at least the creators have a lot of passion but it definitely isn't my taste although to be fair to them I don't like country music very much anyway.
I don’t either but CBJ was so ridiculous that I couldn’t help enjoying it. But, I was very much laughing at the hillbilly bears. I don’t get the impression they minded.

MerlinTheGoat

I normally hate country music too (though if bluegrass is considered a form of country, then that's an exception for me). But it fit with the original show and setting and the songs chosen had some hilarious lyrics and really played well with the silly nature of the attraction. Bare Necessities at least has the benefit of bear puns, if nothing else. It will likely be the only one that has even that small benefit. Probably why they chose to lead with it for that initial promo when the retheme was first announced, because it was their best and only foot forward. The other two revealed yesterday are just so utterly unfitting and lacking in humor that there are no words...

It really doesn't matter to me what sort of "talent" is involved in this. With Disney mandating horrible choices for songs that don't fit and aren't going to be able to capture any of the hilarious charm of the original, nothing can save it. You don't have to convince me that Whole New World is an incredible song. But you'll never convince me to accept a country music variant in Country Bear Jamboree.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I honestly like it. I don't mind the refresh, hopefully it'll bring some love with more popularity, updated AAs, etc. My hope is that if this new show is popular with the GP in the long term, Disney will consider bringing it back out to the West Coast. I do think it will be popular. Bears singing your favorite songs in ways you've never heard them before, while cracking jokes and things? Of course that'll be popular!

JohnD

Whole New World is an iconic Disney song so it makes sense to be included.

The team behind this project seems very passionate about making this an authentic experience.
Actually, what is their fixation with shoehorning that song into everything? First HarmonioUS and now Country Bears. Frankly, it's overkill. Also, I don't exactly think of this song as country and western.

ToTBellHop

Try Anything could work story wise, but it's too high energy for Trixie IMO.

How A Whole New World fits into their 'story' is beyond me. Princesses and magic carpets? Come on.

My biggest worry at this point, though, is that the tracks will sound too over produced for a small frontier stage.
Have you seen the new costumes? It’s no longer a little theater in podunkville.

Fat bears be puttin’ on the ritz!

zipadee999

I'm still fundamentally not a fan of the concept of this redo, but I will say that a bear giving a full throated country interpretation of "Try Everything" while a slideshow of them unsuccessfully (?) trying out adventurous activities plays, which is what I deciphered from what they were saying in the video, is deeply deeply charming given the project constraints. Hopefully the other songs can be presented in equally fun ways, at least.
Being honest, I haven’t seen Zootopia since it first came out, and I didn’t even recognize that song as an IP song. I watched the video of it being recorded for Trixie and thought it sounded like a fine country song, with no idea that it came from Shakira.

Total side note, does anyone know if Peter Renaday is coming back as Henry? I was hopeful for a while but I’m getting concerned because I would’ve thought they would’ve had him in the video if he was indeed back? Or maybe that’s the surprise…

ToTBellHop

Being honest, I haven’t seen Zootopia since it first came out, and I didn’t even recognize that song as an IP song. I watched the video of it being recorded for Trixie and thought it sounded like a fine country song, with no idea that it came from Shakira.

Total side note, does anyone know if Peter Renaday is coming back as Henry? I was hopeful for a while but I’m getting concerned because I would’ve thought they would’ve had him in the video if he was indeed back? Or maybe that’s the surprise…
That would be a nice surprise.
Why is Disney shoving “Try Everything” down our throats all of the sudden? Personal tastes and all that, but I find that song to be almost entirely forgettable.
Zootopia 2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom