News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

C33Mom

In more positive CBJ news, Tokyo is back to rotating all 3 versions of the show as Jingle Bell Jamboree will be returning
View attachment 815136
I grew up at DLR with the Vacation Hoedown and would love to see the Christmas Version— we enjoy seeing Vacation Hoedown in Japan but I’m wondering how much we would lose (since much of the show is in Japanese) if we didn’t already know the dialogue. Tentatively planning a visit to TDL next Thanksgiving and I guess I’ll just try to find an old recording or read the plot summary a few times before I go.

In all honesty what are the chances we see show rotations at WDW? I understand they want to let CBMJ breath a little bit and give time for everybody to experience the ‘new’ version but what are the chances five years from now that we see seasonal shows return?
My hope is that they consider doing the holiday show when attendance slows below an acceptable level or they stop selling out the Christmas Party— we are actually skipping MVMCP for the first time in years in hopes that they feel the need to add some stuff next year (and that one of those things is the holiday jamboree)— I have no reason to expect they will, but I do think it would be a (relatively) inexpensive way to drive attendance during a dry spell between new attractions.

Funny thing about Blood In The Saddle apparently being cut is that it wouldn't be the first time: It was supposed to also be in the Country Bears movie. They filmed Big Al doing it but it got cut from the final film.
Was Blood on the Saddle originally set to return for Musical Jamboree, or does this rumor have no truth to it whatsoever?

zipadee999

That's sad. I wonder why they cut it last minute. Could it really have been a rights issue?
Even though the original show used real songs, they were all ‘Disneyfied’ versions which were re-recorded with the bear’s VAs. Blood on the Saddle was a Tex Ritter recording ripped straight from the album, so if there was any song that would have a rights or royalty issue I’d say it would be that one. Plus if Disney wasn’t overly wild about the song and was only including it to appease our relatively small group of dedicated fans, they probably weren’t too hesitant to just abandon the song the second it looked like they may need to put in some effort to get it included.

Moth

I am leaning towards Blood on the Saddle being a rights issue but I don't believe it was pulled 'right before it opened'. They had Remember Me recorded and everything, you can't just.... do that on short notice?

I think what happened is that it was planned and in early stages but rights issues+the song wasn't Disney+ watchable caused it to get axed.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I am leaning towards Blood on the Saddle being a rights issue but I don't believe it was pulled 'right before it opened'. They had Remember Me recorded and everything, you can't just.... do that on short notice?

I think what happened is that it was planned and in early stages but rights issues+the song wasn't Disney+ watchable caused it to get axed.
Apologies if it seemed like I was implying they added Remember Me moments before the show opened. I was meaning more "People were speculated and had a good feeling Blood on the Saddle was staying until before the show opened and then it started coming out it had gotten the axe".

MickeyMouse10

It makes sense that "Blood on the Saddle" wouldn't come back. Since it would no longer fit with the new Disney playlist.

I recently saw the new show while on vacation and surprisingly really loved it. Even the Shakira song that I wasn't sure on.

zipadee999

If I had to guess, they were planning on Remember Me being his song all along. It fits him as a character well enough and satisfies the IP mandate. However, the reprise after Bare Necessities feels like it was made for Blood on the Saddle. It’s a shorter segment, meaning he would only sing a line or two and would also be yelled at by the others, potentially drowning out the song. If Disney is worried about the song not being PC enough, doing it this way wouldn’t make for a true ‘showcase’ of it. It’s also technically after the ‘show,’ still allowing Remember Me to be his primary song as well as not interfering with the IP mandate.

Why it was cut from his reprise (if it was planned to go there in the first place) probably ties into the rights issue with Ritter’s estate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom