News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Henry - opens with be our guest
Trixie singing "I won't say I'm in love" with bunny bubbles and beula being the muses
Wendell and Teddy Beara, A Whole New World or love is an open door
Big Al, shoot this could be anything.... Just for giggles, a super out of tune "when you wish upon a star" lol
Romeo, that rock n roll love song in frozen 2 by kristoff? Or can you feel the love tonight
Shaker, bare necessities or hakuna matata
Ernest, Everybody wants to be a "bear"
5 bear rugs, something from PatF would be good. Cajun music.
Called it!

Side note, I think it's a lost cause not having Trixie singing "I won't say I'm in love" with bunny bubbles and beula being the muses

Weather_Lady

Here's another preview of Emily Ann Roberts singing Try Everything.

Her vocal is lovely, but the modern synthesized instrumentation is totally wrong for what's supposed to be a live band using acoustic instruments at a jamboree. Why even bother with the bears at this point? I'm surprised Disney didn't just go straight to a video screen and get rid of the animatronics altogether, like the latter-day Chuck E. Cheese locations.

Last edited:

Sneaky

I still find it very amusing that through all of the rethemes and compl replacement of original things with IP, it’s the country bears of all things that manage to hang on through the chapek and iger years. Not that I’m complaing tho. From 2019-2023 I legit thought the bears would eventually be goners. (This has nothing to do with that ”he who must not be named“ stuff tho

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Her vocal is lovely, but the modern synthesized instrumentation is totally wrong for what's supposed to be a pretend live band using acoustic instruments at a jamboree. Why even bother with the bears at this point? I'm surprised Disney didn't just go straight to a video screen and get rid of the animatronics altogether, like the latter-day Chuck E. Cheese locations.
I’m sorry, but you missed that you’re not allowed to criticize this arrangement. You must first assume that this is actually for something completely different based on absolutely nothing presented.

Virtual Toad

My husband is not a Disney Parks guy, but he laughs anytime he tells people about Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree (which he calls Larry the Cable Tractor), I think his favorite part is Larry trying to do safety announcements in heavily (hick) accented Spanish. It’s a ridiculous concept.
Yes! My older son found the spanish safety spiel from Mater side-splittingly hilarious. It sounds like Mater is literally trying to read it off of a note card. Just mentioning it cracks him up to this day.

Cmdr_Crimson

Shame we don't know if Melvin, Max, and Buff will be singing backup or if they have a song..But, I'm sure they will be the Statler and Waldorf of the show..

TrainsOfDisney

Her vocal is lovely, but the modern synthesized instrumentation is totally wrong for what's supposed to be a pretend live band using acoustic instruments at a jamboree.
Yes, that will most likely be an issue for all the songs. My only complaint about the updated Hall of Presidents is the sound is off for the speaking presidents - yes you can hear them better, but the sound should be coming from the AA’s not the speakers. It’s difficult to do, but that’s what I expect from Disney and top notch audio designers.

J.E.Smith

Yes, that will most likely be an issue for all the songs. My only complaint about the updated Hall of Presidents is the sound is off for the speaking presidents - yes you can hear them better, but the sound should be coming from the AA’s not the speakers. It’s difficult to do, but that’s what I expect from Disney and top notch audio designers.
What made CBJ's sound interesting was that if you sat on the front row right in front of Henry during the finale, you'd clearly just hear Henry's isolated vocal track from the rest of the bears. Wonder if any sound changes will change that.

zipadee999

Anyone think the little raccoon guy in Henry's hat will stick around? He's got a new outfit so I'm not sure if they plan on bringing back that character or not.
There are three Henry animatronics, the one from the intro, the one with the guitar who plays to the left of the main stage, and the one on the far right who comes out with Sammy in his hat. In the concept art, we’ve seen both intro Henry and guitar Henry, and both have different outfits. So maybe he ‘changes’ backstage between acts. For finale Henry, maybe he ‘changes’ into something more like his original outfit because Sammy only really works with the top hat. I doubt they’d get rid of Sammy, as he’s iconic in his own right and they need him if in fact Davy Crockett is staying

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
When was the last time a new Disney attraction contained something genuinely funny? Disney used to be great at this. Pirates, HM, WoM, Splash, Kitchen, etc -all contained a bunch of great gags. Muppets is genuinely hilarious. Bears used to be very, very funny.

The humor in Guardians, a very funny movie series, is shockingly weak. Drax has one or two mildly amusing lines, but that’s thanks entirely to Bautista’s skill and the audience’s pre-existing fondness for the characters. I know this is heresy, but the last addition with some successful humor I can think of was Tiki Room: Under New Management, and that was over 25 years ago and featured two of the greatest comedians of the era.
This is going to be a hot take but I enjoyed Under New Management.

Cmdr_Crimson

Country Bear Musical Jamboree is set to open July 17, 2024.

All in time for Disneyland's 69th anniversary...
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom