News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

doctornick

So, just to put my 2 cents in on this change... I've never really been a much of a fan of the attraction. I mean I've probably seen the show like maybe 15-20 times over my life but couldn't really tell you any of the characters or most of the songs. I liked the heads on the wall though. But to me, CBJ was always just a "here's something we can do quickly and get to sit for a bit" type of experience not something I was drawn to (unlike say the Tiki Birds which I love). I'm always fascinated by folks who can comment on some much detail about it, maybe even a little jealous about that passion when I'm largely apathetic.

So, with that said I'm not that bothered by them changing it. I do feel sorry for all the people on here who are upset though.

I actually think that the Try Anything clip sounded pretty darn good, though I do like the song already as an underrated Disney tune. Bear Necessities is both logical and can fit musically easily. I'm dismayed by both You've Got a Friend in Me and Whole New World - way too overplayed already and too common at the parks. I'd rather they use some more obscure songs at least. Impressed and surprised if Blood in the Saddle remains.

I do hope they find a way to make it humorous, especially in a low brow kind of way,

Comped

Perhaps I'm odd, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Davy Crockett remain. It's got an interesting status as both actual Disney IP while also having become a bit of Americana. Honestly, to me, it's the only song from CBJ that has much cultural significance outside the attraction - I mean, the song was featured in Back to the Future to help create the ambiance of the 1950s, for example. It was actually the song I thought was most likely to stay if any.
The original-ish (technically not original as a different guy sang it on the Disneyland TV show, but the first to record it and release it as a record, also the most successful of all the versions of it ever released) singer of that song died back in January. Most people know him for his work in soap operas instead...

Tony the Tigger

I didn’t have that comparison on my WDWmagic bingo card.

Are we really at a point where the word blood in a comedy setting is offensive? Nothing in the original country bears was offensive - it’s slapstick vaudeville comedy - the same that you see in the classic muppet show and even the early and original Mickey Mouse shorts.

No WAY you just made that comparison. Goodness gracious I fully spit out my Pepsi when I read that
So you can’t tell the difference between comparison and context. Got it.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'll be honest in saying that everything they've shown off about this makes me less excited each time. It looks like the creatives behind it have a lot of passion for it, I hope that translates to the final product. I'm nervous, mainly about the story and song choices. The upgrades to the theater including the AAs and sound upgrade should be good though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom