News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Bocabear

No, I think just a misinterpretation.

Earlier in the thread, I mentioned “why hasn’t WDW brought back walk around OB?”

Someone said it probably has something to do with Anita Bryant. Then, Boca pointed out that OB existed before Anita Bryant’s partnership with the Florida Citrus Growers. I then wondered if TWDC was using Anita Bryant’s partnership as an excuse for no walk around orange bird.

I think the excuse is more likely “We don’t want to build a new orange bird costume.”
They probably still have one somewhere.... Now that Dole Whip has moved into the Sunshine Tree Terrace which was Orange Bird's home, Orange bird has been moved down to the tiny Refreshment Isle window...so..basically no more orange Bird....and the shops that were by Sunshine Tree Terrace Agribah Bazaar were all closed last time I was there...not sure what is going on with them... Add to that the gigantic decline of orange groves in Florida... Most of the groves in central Florida are now housing tracts sadly.... Down here in South Florida they are all gone.

Last edited:

dreamfinding

They probably still have one somewhere.... Now that Dole Whip has moved into the Sunshine Tree Terrace which was Orange Bird's home, Orange bird has been moved down to the tiny Refreshmentr Isle window...so..basically no more orange Bird....and the shops that were by Sunshine Tree Terrace Agribah Bazaar were all closed last time I was there...not sure what is going on with them... Add to that the gigantic decline of orange groves in Florida... Most of the groves in central Florida are now housing tracts sadly.... Down here in South Florida they are all gone.

I mean, they could replace the Bazaar with an orange bird m&g.

C33Mom

Orange Bird is heavily promoted on merch for Flower & Garden festival, otherwise he’s pretty low key chillin at Sunshine Tree Terrace
Our family got a magic shot with Orange Bird at Epcot at some point in the last year—I think it was during F&G. Our kids think it’s adorable but I doubt they’d want to wait more than 2m to meet a giant live human sized Orange Bird.

JustInTime

Not saying this is happening so don’t put any weight into this, but if it meant keeping Enchanted Tiki Room, would you be okay with a similar update like what CBJ is getting? Birds singing Disney songs? Think, “How Far I’ll Go”, “I Lava You” and “ Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride”.

J.E.Smith

Not saying this is happening so don’t put any weight into this, but if it meant keeping Enchanted Tiki Room, would you be okay with a similar update like what CBJ is getting? Birds singing Disney songs? Think, “How Far I’ll Go”, “I Lava You” and “ Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride”.
If they did that they might as well do Tokyo's Stitch Tiki Room, since that's just full of L&S songs like Hawaiian Roller Coast Ride and Aloha E Komo Mai heh.

The Leader of the Club

Hypothetically speaking…
-Tiki Tiki Tiki Room (Birds)
-I Lava You (Bird-Mobile)
-Golden Afternoon (Flowers)
-Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (Tikis)
-We Know the Way (Finale)
-Heigh Ho (Exit)

Bocabear

A little bit of kinetic energy, if you will.
What if they took a page from the Muppet Mobile Labs book and had an appropriately sized Orange Bird animatronic on a big cart of citrus that they could roll out through the crowds and into a spot for a little meet and greet... Orange Bird didn't talk, but I think made bird calls... It would be nothing more than a little bit of whimsical charm...a nod to the past, and a fun way to play with the history of the park... the sort of little details that I think a lot of us would appreciate...

dreamfinding

What if they took a page from the Muppet Mobile Labs book and had an appropriately sized Orange Bird animatronic on a big cart of citrus that they could roll out through the crowds and into a spot for a little meet and greet... Orange Bird didn't talk, but I think made bird calls... It would be nothing more than a little bit of whimsical charm...a nod to the past, and a fun way to play with the history of the park... the sort of little details that I think a lot of us would appreciate...
@Bocabear - let’s make a deal. Once I go back to school and get a degree in engineering technology + go work for WDI, we can make it happen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom