News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I think my main concern for the new show is that it just doesn't sound like it will be funny. The original show was always worth watching to me because it was hilarious. I understand management's desire to update the show to be less irreverent (even though that is what many loved about it) but there are still ways to be comedic without being directly irreverent. The inclusion of Disney songs in the style of Nashville country tunes isn't inherently bad, despite obviously being motivated by the IP mandate, but it doesn't sound like it makes for a funny show. I will go in with a fully open mind and would absolutely love to be proven wrong.

Tony the Tigger

I think my main concern for the new show is that it just doesn't sound like it will be funny. The original show was always worth watching to me because it was hilarious. I understand management's desire to update the show to be less irreverent (even though that is what many loved about it) but there are still ways to be comedic without being directly irreverent. The inclusion of Disney songs in the style of Nashville country tunes isn't inherently bad, despite obviously being motivated by the IP mandate, but it doesn't sound like it makes for a funny show. I will go in with a fully open mind and would absolutely love to be proven wrong.
So you’ve heard the jokes already?

JustInTime

I’ve heard blood on the saddle is staying in some form so that alone will make it funny if true.

doctornick

I relate to the concern. At this point, I'm willing to see what they come up with because I don't think you can really say yet what they are doing when it comes to jokes, but my main concern is that Disney in recent years can't seem to figure out how to be funny that well. I think they will try to have humor here but that it will ultimately end up being less engaging than the original show. And, if I can be so bold, I think part of my concern is because Disney seems determined to make sure anything is as completely inoffensive as possible, but this can be detrimental for good humor. Like, I don't think they would introduce the Rizzo "they're tourists, what do they know?" joke in this day and age for fear of someone going to guest services about it.

Casper Gutman

When was the last time a new Disney attraction contained something genuinely funny? Disney used to be great at this. Pirates, HM, WoM, Splash, Kitchen, etc -all contained a bunch of great gags. Muppets is genuinely hilarious. Bears used to be very, very funny.

The humor in Guardians, a very funny movie series, is shockingly weak. Drax has one or two mildly amusing lines, but that’s thanks entirely to Bautista’s skill and the audience’s pre-existing fondness for the characters. I know this is heresy, but the last addition with some successful humor I can think of was Tiki Room: Under New Management, and that was over 25 years ago and featured two of the greatest comedians of the era.

James Alucobond

When was the last time a new Disney attraction contained something genuinely funny? Disney used to be great at this. Pirates, HM, WoM, Splash, Kitchen, etc -all contained a bunch of great gags. Muppets is genuinely hilarious. Bears used to be very, very funny.

The humor in Guardians, a very funny movie series, is shockingly weak. Drax has one or two mildly amusing lines, but that’s thanks entirely to Bautista’s skill and the audience’s pre-existing fondness for the characters. I know this is heresy, but the last addition with some successful humor I can think of was Tiki Room: Under New Management, and that was over 25 years ago and featured two of the greatest comedians of the era.
I mean, when you’re working with IP where the source material generally isn’t all that funny or only has a comic relief character or two, that’s generally what you’ll end up with.

JohnD

The Frozen Sing Along. I mean it. The narrators are hilarious. I go every time just for that. And, oh, A/C for 45 minutes on hot days.

zipadee999

I think Come Again is confirmed to stay as well as Gomer’s piano intro because both were featured during the announcement. After listening to the country-fied ‘Try Everything,’ I’m a bit indifferent. The meat of the song itself actually sounds pretty good, but I found the ‘Oh Oh Oh’ parts to be pretty jarring

Casper Gutman

Radiator Springs Racers (and I suppose Cars Land as a whole since there's plenty of gags in the buildings) has some genuine funny moments. Mystic Manor and Grizzly Mountain as well definitely do. Unless we're referring to dialog-specific humor as opposed to visual gags.
I utterly adore RSR, but I can’t remember anything particularly funny about it. I was mostly thinking of the American parks - still, MM is absolutely a masterpiece and funny to boot, but it’s SUCH an anomaly for modern Disney. What is the Imagineering team that designed MM doing now? What else did they do?

TrainsOfDisney

While not radiator springs racers in particular (which I do think is an excellent attraction) I always find something to laugh at when visiting Cars Land. Maybe it’s Maters jamboree (the petting zoo!), maybe it’s at cosy cone, or maybe the dancing cars but that land in general ALWAYS makes me smile.

Casper Gutman

It depends on whether someone finds Mater and his antics funny. I think he's quite funny in the first movie and RSR at least. The tractor tipping always gets a chuckle from me personally, and some of his lines at the end are also funny to me.
I don't mind Mater at all, but I find Cars Land more whimsical then funny. Which is great - unlike TBA, it's SOMETHING.

C33Mom

While not radiator springs racers in particular (which I do think is an excellent attraction) I always find something to laugh at when visiting Cars Land. Maybe it’s Maters jamboree (the petting zoo!), maybe it’s at cosy cone, or maybe the dancing cars but that land in general ALWAYS makes me smile.
My husband is not a Disney Parks guy, but he laughs anytime he tells people about Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree (which he calls Larry the Cable Tractor), I think his favorite part is Larry trying to do safety announcements in heavily (hick) accented Spanish. It’s a ridiculous concept.

I also found Mulholland Madness to be funny (and Seasons of the Vine, though I’m pretty sure that was unintentional humor?) but I’m guessing the humor didn’t translate well if you didn’t spend much time actually driving on Mulholland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom