News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

V_L_Raptor

I wonder if there's any substantive alteration being made to the show building or the stage area (may have come up in the thread and I just missed it). Is this strictly re-dressing/upgrading the original figures, or are we getting any more... anywhere in the room?

dreamfinding

I wonder if there's any substantive alteration being made to the show building or the stage area (may have come up in the thread and I just missed it). Is this strictly re-dressing/upgrading the original figures, or are we getting any more... anywhere in the room?
I think they just changed the backdrops for the bears. As far as I’m aware, they did not alter the gilding detail that is found at the top of each miniature stage.

Captain Barbossa

Updated SFX should show lots of faux blood spurting out all over the place if Blood on the Saddle remains.
2CB03B74-C783-419D-8782-0B302A0F9EEE.gif

Tony the Tigger

There could be a whole running gag about not singing Let It Go. Because last time they did:

There was snow on the saddle…snow on the ground…

It would be just as silly without singing about blood everywhere to children. This isn’t the 70’s. You could still say the n-word on TV back then, for perspective.

I’d be very surprised if they update a show only to keep those lyrics.

TrainsOfDisney

It would be just as silly without singing about blood everywhere to children. This isn’t the 70’s. You could still say the n-word on TV back then, for perspective.
I didn’t have that comparison on my WDWmagic bingo card.

Are we really at a point where the word blood in a comedy setting is offensive? Nothing in the original country bears was offensive - it’s slapstick vaudeville comedy - the same that you see in the classic muppet show and even the early and original Mickey Mouse shorts.

ToTBellHop

I didn’t have that comparison on my WDWmagic bingo card.

Are we really at a point where the word blood in a comedy setting is offensive? Nothing in the original country bears was offensive - it’s slapstick vaudeville comedy - the same that you see in the classic muppet show and even the early and original Mickey Mouse shorts.
I’m more offended by the fact that half of the bears were halfway through ODing.

doctornick

Perhaps I'm odd, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Davy Crockett remain. It's got an interesting status as both actual Disney IP while also having become a bit of Americana. Honestly, to me, it's the only song from CBJ that has much cultural significance outside the attraction - I mean, the song was featured in Back to the Future to help create the ambiance of the 1950s, for example. It was actually the song I thought was most likely to stay if any.

Now, I would agree that I can never tell what might end of in the radar of the DEI folks - it seems likely/possible that CBJ changing was partially due to those sentiments anyway - but as long as the lyrics are for the early verses that are pretty inoffensive as was the case in the past for CBJ, I think it could remain.

doctornick

So, just to put my 2 cents in on this change... I've never really been a much of a fan of the attraction. I mean I've probably seen the show like maybe 15-20 times over my life but couldn't really tell you any of the characters or most of the songs. I liked the heads on the wall though. But to me, CBJ was always just a "here's something we can do quickly and get to sit for a bit" type of experience not something I was drawn to (unlike say the Tiki Birds which I love). I'm always fascinated by folks who can comment on some much detail about it, maybe even a little jealous about that passion when I'm largely apathetic.

So, with that said I'm not that bothered by them changing it. I do feel sorry for all the people on here who are upset though.

I actually think that the Try Anything clip sounded pretty darn good, though I do like the song already as an underrated Disney tune. Bear Necessities is both logical and can fit musically easily. I'm dismayed by both You've Got a Friend in Me and Whole New World - way too overplayed already and too common at the parks. I'd rather they use some more obscure songs at least. Impressed and surprised if Blood in the Saddle remains.

I do hope they find a way to make it humorous, especially in a low brow kind of way,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom