News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Comped

Fun idea but…no. “Country Bears” is the act. It’s the whole idea. It’s about country… bears.😃

And country/bluegrass music in Frontierland has been a robust part of Disney castle parks since 1955.

Jazz in Frontierland…. Well, as long as it’s in a Dixieland style, yes because of the riverboats. But not for this show. Big Al wouldn’t be caught dead playing jazz. 😃
Well of course, that's the entire idea, but back in the 90s... I wouldn't put it past Eisner or a couple others, especially if the whole area was rethemed to NO as a result.

J.E.Smith

What I really want to see from this show is (Spoiler Alert just in case I’m accidentally right)
Big Al comes on near the end and starts singing the first couple lines of “Part of Your World” or “Let it Go”, then stops, drawls, “Ta hell with this,” and then just sings “Blood on the Saddle” again. 😃
I still think Big Al badly singing Let It Go on a loop and Buff complaining about it being overplayed as it is would be funny.

Or if they rewrote the lyrics to be more like the Christmas and Vacation shows with Big Al's wife leaving him but him being more concerned of something else she took.

BIG AL: Let it gooooooooo
Let it gooooooooo
I'm runnin' out of luck...
My wife took off with my hound dog....
And my pick up truuuuuuuuuuuck...

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Well I’ve gone a rabbit hole. And found precedent.

Some songs work countrified but a lot are jarring. It slaps you in the face because you know what it “should” sound like.

One I now hope is included is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious its zany and this bluegrass cover is fun. It fits the bears

others that seem to work
Heigh ho

Oh de lally

I can even see cruella de vil. It’s got that over the top story telling of a good country song

Almost there

Hakuna matata

Rockabilly Casey jr

I’ve decided after listening to a bunch from these playlist that it’s a mistake to do ballads unless they’re grounded. New world and beauty and the beast don’t work and I can’t put my finger on why. Perhaps they don’t have that “Everyman” feel

Here’s even a whole new world - the lyrics are too high brow for this show

But then somehow from hunchback does

All the playlists

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah sounds good in bluegrass. Too bad we're not getting it!

Comped

No way. No chance. No how. That song has been eliminated from basically everywhere Disney has control over, and I do not think there's any chance they'll allow it to be played kitty-corner from the attraction they removed which had the song in it for decades. We'd sooner see an attraction based on Oh! Calcutta!.

In the Parks
No
No way. No chance. No how. That song has been eliminated from basically everywhere Disney has control over, and I do not think there's any chance they'll allow it to be played kitty-corner from the attraction they removed which had the song in it for decades. We'd sooner see an attraction based on Oh! Calcutta!.
Believe me, I know they're trying to erase it from existence. Except, oddly enough, here! This is what comes up when you search the official Disney site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom