News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Ice Gator

So this is just gonna be a Disney+ ad like everything else they’ve put out, right? Aladdin, Zootopia…Let me guess Frozen, Moana and Encanto will also be in this. Hits even harder now that Richard Sherman is gone. Present day Disney, folks.
There’s no chance we won’t get a Frozen song in this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So this is just gonna be a Disney+ ad like everything else they’ve put out, right? Aladdin, Zootopia…Let me guess Frozen, Moana and Encanto will also be in this. Hits even harder now that Richard Sherman is gone. Present day Disney, folks.
Even if D+ didn't exist, they'd be doing this.

Just like when D+ didn't exist everything was Princesses and Frozen.

Don't know why you think D+ is a driver in all this. Did you see that somewhere?

ToTBellHop

...you have GOT to be kidding me. I can't even IMAGINE a country version of that song.

What, are they gonna have Shakira do the voice of Teddi Barra?
No. It’s a country singer. I’m sure somewhere in someone’s attic, they have a CD with country versions of Disney songs they could dust off.

Virtual Toad

Just another sign that the world has collectively lost its ever-loving mind. Insanity. But what else should we expect from anything or anyone at this point. And true to form, current Disney management is leading the charge.

Sorry, lousy day for Toad. But CBJ's transition to yet another advertisement for the Disney "brand" is further proof management are totally oblivious or just don't care.

The Disney parks/resorts used to be their own brands (WDW and Disneyland being similar but unique brands all their own before the disastrous "Disney Parks" branding took over).

I would argue Disneyland and WDW were the most powerful and consistently successful brands the company has ever had. Wildly profitable and much more consistently popular year after year, decade after decade, than the company's movie studios and/or networks ever were. They were both almost universally beloved multi-generational destinations, wonders of architecture and forward thinking... in short, national treasures and wonders of the modern world. THAT was the brand-- real places with their own identities and unique unparalleled creative offerings... things you literally couldn't experience anywhere else.

It just puzzles and infuriates me that this company is gleefully forging full speed ahead destroying two of the most amazing brands *any* corporation has ever had or will ever have. Destroying these brands to promote and shore up intellectual properties from its other less successful brands.

Why oh why do I (or anyone else) need to spend thousands of dollars and jump through endless logistical hoops, confusing apps and extortive upsells just to experience yet *another* musical commercial for Disney movies, filled with songs I can hear anywhere, anytime for a fraction of the cost? What is unique, spectacular, heartwarming, sincere, authentic, or immersive about that?

CBJ was a classic that tied at least three generations of my family together. Big Al always reminded us fondly of our favorite uncle because he was a big teddy bear at heart. We loved watching the show with him and, visiting CBJ in later years, we always shed a happy tear in remembrance of him after he passed on.

Multigenerational family visits, true magical memories and a unique environment lovingly crafted with a sense of sincere optimism. *That* is what the WDW brand used to offer. Today's synergistic celebrations of over-exposed IP are vapid, plastic, easily disposable and entirely forgettable by comparison.

And yes, go ahead and accuse me of being hyperbolistic if you want to as I really don't care. Again, kind of a lousy day.🙂

aladdin2007

Just another sign that the world has collectively lost its ever-loving mind. Insanity. But what else should we expect from anything or anyone at this point. And true to form, current Disney management is leading the charge.

Sorry, lousy day for Toad. But CBJ's transition to yet another advertisement for the Disney "brand" is further proof management are totally oblivious or just don't care.

The Disney parks/resorts used to be their own brands (WDW and Disneyland being similar but unique brands all their own before the disastrous "Disney Parks" branding took over).

I would argue Disneyland and WDW were the most powerful and consistently successful brands the company has ever had. Wildly profitable and much more consistently popular year after year, decade after decade, than the company's movie studios and/or networks ever were. They were both almost universally beloved multi-generational destinations, wonders of architecture and forward thinking... in short, national treasures and wonders of the modern world. THAT was the brand-- real places with their own identities and unique unparalleled creative offerings... things you literally couldn't experience anywhere else.

It just puzzles and infuriates me that this company is gleefully forging full speed ahead destroying two of the most amazing brands *any* corporation has ever had or will ever have. Destroying these brands to promote and shore up intellectual properties from its other less successful brands.

Why oh why do I (or anyone else) need to spend thousands of dollars and jump through endless logistical hoops, confusing apps and extortive upsells just to experience yet *another* musical commercial for Disney movies, filled with songs I can hear anywhere, anytime for a fraction of the cost? What is unique, spectacular, heartwarming, sincere, authentic, or immersive about that?

CBJ was a classic that tied at least three generations of my family together. Big Al always reminded us fondly of our favorite uncle because he was a big teddy bear at heart. We loved watching the show with him and, visiting CBJ in later years, we always shed a happy tear in remembrance of him after he passed on.

Multigenerational family visits, true magical memories and a unique environment lovingly crafted with a sense of sincere optimism. *That* is what the WDW brand used to offer. Today's synergistic celebrations of over-exposed IP are vapid, plastic, easily disposable and entirely forgettable by comparison.

And yes, go ahead and accuse me of being hyperbolistic if you want to as I really don't care. Again, kind of a lousy day.🙂
not alone, after some of the things I am seeing and reading here today,,,the bears,,,morocco, tiana,,,,etc, and certainly the bolded above, its all becoming a turn off.

James Alucobond

I mean … while I get you on some level, the attraction has not been all that popular in a long time. That’s just how it is. I support not liking the new direction, but the Country Bears were never going to be preserved in amber forever when their relevance and popularity continued to wane. They’re at least being kept in a way that allows them to be re-programmed in the future with music possibly more suited to your tastes. Honestly, I think shows of this sort should be re-programmed more often, not less.

Virtual Toad

I mean … while I get you on some level, the attraction has not been all that popular in a long time. That’s just how it is. I support not liking the new direction, but the Country Bears were never going to be preserved in amber forever when their relevance and popularity continued to wane. They’re at least being kept in a way that allows them to be re-programmed in the future with music possibly more suited to your tastes. Honestly, I think shows of this sort should be re-programmed more often, not less.
Valid take, and it's possible and even probable some within the company promoted taking this route because they felt it was the best-- or only-- way to keep some semblance of the show going with hopes for some future creative renaissance to make things right again.

But when something becomes such a hollow shell of its former self, when sincere creativity (i.e. real "magic") gives way to yet *another* exercise in cynical cross-promotion to further corporate marketing objectives, is it better to keep a hollow shell of a historic attraction alive, or pull the plug entirely for something new?

Wish I had the answer to that question, but your point is well taken and not without merit.

Either way though, what we end up with is more modern-day Disney pablum and that's what troubles me.

Hey folks! Come to Walt Disney World to see... a whole new world overflowing with corporate creative compromise. Sigh.

It's a tune (or tunes) we've already heard too many times to count.

lazyboy97o

The show wasn’t running near empty shows. It had a healthy visitation that is just about what you want for a continuous theater show, just enough so people can reliably drop into the show. The show was also cut down to reduce its run time and increased hourly capacity. They’re spending a bunch now for a marginal return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom