News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

JoeCamel

🤣

How do you close the castanets with your penguin (lack of) hands?
Armpits (wingpits) but he still can't hang here

penguins.jpg

sWANNISAX

I didn't really "get" this show until a few years ago when I was in a theater full of geniune fans who were whoopsing, stomping and hollerin. Ever since my perception has completely changed. I paid my respects two weeks ago (to a very crowded theater of people many of whom were talking about how sad they were that the show was going away as it currently is)I wish I was there to say good bye on their last day I'm sure the last shows will be electric. I really hope they find a way to keep the adult humor and subtlety amongst the new songs and that maybe they leave one or two of the old ones even if just for a few seconds. Even if it's just blood in the saddle.

JohnD

View attachment 764820
I really hope Big Al's half alive look continues over to Musical Jamboree.
It finally dawned on me why Big Al interrupts Henry's rendition of Davy Crocket. At the point that Henry sings that Davy "killed himself a 'bar' when he was only 3", Big Al interrupts with Blood on the Saddle. Blood on the saddle with what? A "bar", of course. Why would Henry, himself a bear, glorify the killing of one? Big Al was making a statement.

J.E.Smith

It finally dawned on me why Big Al interrupts Henry's rendition of Davy Crocket. At the point that Henry sings that Davy "killed himself a 'bar' when he was only 3", Big Al interrupts with Blood on the Saddle. Blood on the saddle with what? A "bar", of course. Why would Henry, himself a bear, glorify the killing of one? Big Al was making a statement.
...except in the CBJ version Henry sings "tamed him a bar" instead of killed. Funny enough, in Buff, Max, and Melvin's 2012 reprogramming, after Henry sings "tamed" you can see Buff "whispering" something to Max, like he's telling him "He didn't tame that bear, you know..."

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

I really hope they find a way to keep the adult humor and subtlety amongst the new songs and that maybe they leave one or two of the old ones even if just for a few seconds. Even if it's just blood in the saddle.
Don't worry, Disney will work to ensure that neither adult humor and subtlety don't make it into the new version, having identiifed both of them as problems rather than elements to be preserved.

I'm happy that you came to appreciate it before it was too late. I imagine part of the reason it didn't get as much of a following as some of the other shows that on the surface is because of that subtlety. It really does take several viewings for most people to get it, but I imagine many people never give (or I suppose gave, at this point) the show the chance.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
You know, with a new show, replaced AA's (right? Or am I just crazy?) etc, Country Bears coming back to California seems ever increasing... if there was ever a time to do it, it'd be now... whether it'd be a part of Forward, replacing a shop, replacing a ride, etc, it'd certainly be a smart choice I think a lot of people would greatly appreciate...

PiratesMansion

You know, with a new show, replaced AA's (right? Or am I just crazy?) etc, Country Bears coming back to California seems ever increasing... if there was ever a time to do it, it'd be now... whether it'd be a part of Forward, replacing a shop, replacing a ride, etc, it'd certainly be a smart choice I think a lot of people would greatly appreciate...
Not going to happen. Disneyland guests never quite warmed up to the show in the way that guests in Florida and Tokyo did. It was primarily because of those Disneyland guests that the overlays were developed in the first place, to try to get people to see the show again and bring it closer to whatever DL guests of the time were expecting. Not to mention that DL guests tend not to keep showing up for static shows, especially if they aren't being protected by being from Walt's time.

Granted, putting it in an odd location and building a double theater was part of the problem, but I don't see a universe in which the Bears ever come back out there.

tanc

I rode it in Tokyo this year and in WDW in October. It was pretty clear the WDW one needed some major work done to it, I'm glad I was able to see both versions. Although some of the jokes in Japanese don't hit quite the same as the ones in English, at least Tokyo has theirs in pristine condition.

Brian

I rode it in Tokyo this year and in WDW in October. It was pretty clear the WDW one needed some major work done to it, I'm glad I was able to see both versions. Although some of the jokes in Japanese don't hit quite the same as the ones in English, at least Tokyo has theirs' in pristine condition.
Pretty much everything in Tokyo Disneyland is in pristine condition. They value show quality far greater than the U.S. parks ever did, even in their prime.

Brian

Exactly. Two of my clients have written songs for Disney shows/attractions, and Disney pays a flat one time fee as a work for hire, and then Disney can use the song in perpetuity with no further compensation to the writers.
Negotiate a royalty deal then. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom