News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

_caleb

Ah yes, Frontierland...a place for 1920s Food Co-Ops and songs about highways.
My favorite was always the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown segment featuring Wendell’s version of Willie Nelson’s “On the Road Again,” accompanying a slideshow of the Country Bear’s summer road trip and the car trouble they had with their 1930s convertible sedan along the way.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
From a POV today, all I can say is, yikes.

• Buff and Max’s speakers are blown out.
    • You can hear how quiet they are next to Melvin
  • Melvin isn't moving as much as he should.
  • Fur on most of the bears looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a long time.
  • Zeke’s strum hand isn’t moving.
  • Fred's hands and arms don't move as much as they should, and his head doesn’t move anymore.
  • Ernest’s eyes are stuck.
  • Second Henry's head is stuck looking at the floor and his spotlight is out.
  • Wendell’s guitar hand no longer moves.
  • Liverlip's mouth and body aren't moving properly and his eyes are having trouble moving.
  • Shaker can't move his waist anymore and his head is broken. His right eyebrow is also missing.
  • Sun Bonnets aren't moving smoothly and look possessed.
    • Bunny’s eyes don’t move and her head snaps around.
    • Bubbles is stuck cross-eyed and her arms can’t lift like they should.
    • Beulah can’t move her eyes
  • Teddi Barra has lost a lot of head animations.
  • Big Al can’t move his shoulders or guitar hand. He can also no longer move his eyes or eyelids.
  • Sammy’s mouth sticks during his dialogue

Cmdr_Crimson

• Fred's hands and arms don't move as much as they should, and his head doesn’t move anymore.
  • Liverlip's mouth and body aren't moving properly and his eyes are having trouble moving.
  • Shaker can't move his waist anymore and his head is broken. His right eyebrow is also missing.
  • Big Al can’t move his shoulders or guitar hand. He can also no longer move his eyes or eyelids.

What's sad is the last refurb was 2012 so nothing else has been done since 12 years ago..

celluloid

My favorite was always the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown segment featuring Wendell’s version of Willie Nelson’s “On the Road Again,” accompanying a slideshow of the Country Bear’s summer road trip and the car trouble they had with their 1930s convertible sedan along the way.

I was never a big fan of Vacation Hoedown because of such things, but glad you liked it though.

PiratesMansion

I was never a big fan of Vacation Hoedown because of such things, but glad you liked it though.
For me, it's the OG show or bust.

The subsequent shows were made without Marc Davis's involvement, and the result are much less clever shows that go for more obvious jokes. I have no doubt that some people liked the other shows more because they were "more modern country" or "they knew the songs" or whatever, but the original show was quite thoughtfully constructed, something that I'm not convinced is true of the Christmas or Vacation shows.

celluloid

For me, it's the OG show or bust.

The subsequent shows were made without Marc Davis's involvement, and the result are much less clever shows that go for more obvious jokes. I have no doubt that some people liked the other shows more because they were "more modern country" or "they knew the songs" or whatever, but the original show was quite thoughtfully constructed, something that I'm not convinced is true of the Christmas or Vacation shows.

I can see this. I have a soft spot for the Christmas Show as I saw it when my mom who I lost very young. Vacation Hoedown I just felt was a huge deviation of the characters so I can see the Marc Davis void factor you speak of.

Yes, the original show is pure class in comparison no doubt. Right level of a situation of bears putting on a show vs obvious meta humor.

J.E.Smith

Another thing we will lose in the new version is having Thurl Ravenscroft voicing Buff.

Then again most of Buff's lines were cut in the shortened version. One thing from the 2012 version I hope they keep in the new version is Buff Max and Melvin having tons of reaction movements, but along with them speaking more again. I liked how they reprogrammed the heads in 2012 to react to nearly everything, like bobbing along to the music and silently laughing at certain points. There have even been videos with the camera just on the heads showing all their 2012 reaction motions.

(One thing I didn't catch until now, it looks like Melvin starts to doze off near the end of Blood on The Saddle lol)

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

IMG_4789.jpeg
IMG_4790.png
Some fun bts footage I took during a trip back in June! Had the opportunity to watch the show during after hours with an empty theater, and got some nice closeup shots of the bears!

JohnD

It needs a refurbishment before they take it down for refurbishment and retheme! (This was the argument for Splash.)

JohnD

Another thing we will lose in the new version is having Thurl Ravenscroft voicing Buff.

Then again most of Buff's lines were cut in the shortened version. One thing from the 2012 version I hope they keep in the new version is Buff Max and Melvin having tons of reaction movements, but along with them speaking more again. I liked how they reprogrammed the heads in 2012 to react to nearly everything, like bobbing along to the music and silently laughing at certain points. There have even been videos with the camera just on the heads showing all their 2012 reaction motions.

(One thing I didn't catch until now, it looks like Melvin starts to doze off near the end of Blood on The Saddle lol)

What they should do, for those guests lucky enough to be at the very last show, is run the original longer version. It's not like they don't have it in a program somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom