News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Sneaky

regarding bears back on topic, It makes too much sense for pecos bill to become Hungry Bears, since the show spills out into there basically, that's why it would never happen. Unless common sense finally starts making decisions, one can still hope? Personally I think the tiana ship has sailed, how has that gone so far? yeah not expecting it.
Such a shame about Tiana. I don’t think that any (or most of) the imagineers who worked on it are truly bad imagineers (Kevin rafferty wrote UNM and also lead Cars land!) just feel the project was kinda cursed in general

Disney Analyst

A tad curious that they didn’t hold off for D23 for the CB - hungry bear announcement.

Were they worried it wouldn’t play well? Or seem too token? Or can they just not hide the retheme a few more weeks.

It certainly tells me the presentation is not in a desperate lacking content state.

Exactly: this tells me they are only announcing big things worthy of a convention.

GenChi

A tad curious that they didn’t hold off for D23 for the CB - hungry bear announcement.

Were they worried it wouldn’t play well? Or seem too token? Or can they just not hide the retheme a few more weeks.

It certainly tells me the presentation is not in a desperate lacking content state.

Wouldn't it be a funny coincidence if Disneyland announced on a Saturday a new addition that brings back long requested characters within 24 hours of a vote by Disneyland workers to authorize a union strike in a way to divert attention from that that would be pretty wild haha ha

mickEblu

Hungry Bear Barbecue Jamboree. Not only does it not make sense but it doesn’t have a good ring to it. Why are all the new names for everything so bad? What’s going on with the writers at WDI/ Disney? Also please keep the folks who worked on the signage for TBA far away from this project. Thanks!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Honestly maybe just chop off “studios” and call it a day? “Disneys Hollywood?” “Disney’s Hollywoodland”?
DHS is 'studios' in 2 ways:
1. Ride the movies. What movies? The movies made by all the studios that Disney owns: DAS, WDP, Pix, LF, Marvel, FX, 20thC, and maybe some day, Searchlight.​
2. Most of the public areas of the parks are themed to not just Hollywood, but Hollywood studio lots. We can still see giant sound stage buildings, e.g.​

To bring this around to topic... ummm... sorry? ;)

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Hungry Bear Barbecue Jamboree. Not only does it not make sense but it doesn’t have a good ring to it. Why are all the new names for everything so bad? What’s going on with the writers at WDI/ Disney? Also please keep the folks who worked on the signage for TBA far away from this project. Thanks!
They're definitely trying to optimize search engine results. Everything has to have a clearly distinct and original name. “Hungry Bear Barbecue” is too general and close to the similar so they gotta add extra words to make sure only the actual restaurant comes up when you search it. Just like them throwing “Adventure” in everything

mickEblu

They're definitely trying to optimize search engine results. Everything has to have a clearly distinct and original name. “Hungry Bear Barbecue” is too general and close to the similar so they gotta add extra words to make sure only the actual restaurant comes up when you search it. Just like them throwing “Adventure” in everything

Yeah I know why they do it Im just not sure I understand the logic or think it’s necessary. It’s a small way to add “IP” and a nod to hardcore fans and to that are going to go to the parks regardless. Not sure what optimizing search engine results has to do with it in this instance.

Sneaky

And throwing in the Jamboree makes the Country Bear connection more obvious.
Hey, I found the magic kingdom hungry bear guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 58

celluloid

Because DisneyCo is too bloody cheap to pay licensing fees for songs and movies they don’t already own.

Hence why Great Movie Ride was shuttered for MMRR and the ever present retheme rumors for RNR and the Tower of Terror.

There is that, but a problem even deeper than that. When I say Disney themed to Disney problem, I don't mean just IP.

I mean everything at this point is a reference to something else, that is no longer there but can't be gotten as a joke if you did not know it. An entire premise can't be an inside joke or homage. Like Sammy the Raccoon now arbitrary to the show, Or Hatbox Ghost finally being back as a thing people wanted and a recent movie used, but not a proper placed gag for the attraction, or the mechandise that is unique typically being a silly meta take on the characters. Most of the concept for Star Tours when it reopened was that it was a prequel to the Star Tours ride before, it does not play the same way as a prequel movie does.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because DisneyCo is too bloody cheap to pay licensing fees for songs and movies they don’t already own.

Hence why Great Movie Ride was shuttered for MMRR and the ever present retheme rumors for RNR and the Tower of Terror.

BGM loops are full of songs they don't own, and presumably paying a fee for.

Insiders have not cited the cost of licensing for the demise of GMR, but rather the cost of its upkeep.

And insiders have repeatedly said the cost of licensing TZ is negligible.

IP has its own reason for taking over everything that has nothing to do with the cost of licensing. It's... synergy as Uncle Walt wanted...

1721535375335.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom