News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

mickEblu

I was skeptical of the GRR rumor— are there any animatronics that can handle the wear and tear of outdoor livin’ 24/7? I would think the most it could be is a few more wooden carvings like Big Al.

They would definitely require more maintenance but it's possible. I'm thinking of Jurassic Park at USH. Some of those are actually in the water. They could also be strategically placed to limit the elements as much as possible. Maybe on the lift hill. Near load/ unload, in a cave or just anywhere inside a tent or something.

Moth

Hungry Bear is their better home of the two options. But what about the Monsters Door's coaster at DCA? Can I take your silence there as a possibility that I'm onto something?
That's a zombie rumor to me also ngl.

I was skeptical of the GRR rumor— are there any animatronics that can handle the wear and tear of outdoor livin’ 24/7? I would think the most it could be is a few more wooden carvings like Big Al.
They could have potentially made some sort of indoor housing for them or put them in indoor show scenes (cave, the building at the start). But I always felt like if it DID happen, it'd be like a name change (ex: Big Al's Grizzly River Run) with the wooden figures yeah.

mickEblu

That's a zombie rumor to me also ngl.

They could have potentially made some sort of indoor housing for them or put them in indoor show scenes (cave, the building at the start). But I always felt like if it DID happen, it'd be like a name change (ex: Big Al's Grizzly River Run) with the wooden figures yeah.

It's Big Als River Run. He's just too drunk to come out and say hi. Kind of how Oga is too angry to come out and see guests at Oga's cantina. They cant just explain the absence of an AA with a good ol backstory.

Well zombie rumor sounds better than no rumor haha. What exactly do you mean by zombie rumor though? I've never heard the term.

C33Mom

They would definitely require more maintenance but it's possible. I'm thinking of Jurassic Park at USH. Some of those are actually in the water. They could also be strategically placed to limit the elements as much as possible. Maybe on the lift hill. Near load/ unload, in a cave or just anywhere inside a tent or something.
Ooooh, now I’m imagining a Big Al jump scare (à la Matterhorn yeti) in a cave where he just starts crooning “Blood in the Water…” as you pass through.
Sounds right to me. Upon reflection I guess BTMRR has some outdoor animatronic animals (I think) at DL…but I feel like people would complain that the bears deserve better.

mickEblu

It would make the most sense for any high quality AA's on GRR to be placed where people can actually appreciate them. So anywhere from the beginning of the ride to the top of the lift hill, anywhere the rafts stop like before the cave or before the last drop or at the end of the ride near unload.

Moth

It's Big Als River Run. He's just too drunk to come out and say hi. Kind of how Oga is too angry to come out and see guests at Oga's cantina. They cant just explain the absence of an AA with a good ol backstory.

Well zombie rumor sounds better than no rumor haha. What exactly do you mean by zombie rumor though? I've never heard the term.
Zombie Rumors (to me) are rumors that have been circulating for years or more, but pop up in so many disconnected places that they probably did have actual plans at one point that never materialized.

Examples include:
•Imagination 4
•Door Coaster
•GRR retheme
•California Adventure rename
•Hollywood Studios rename
•ToT retheme

There's probably other examples but these are good ones.

The main issue with the CBs in a water rapids ride is that they have faux fur, which can easily get ugly fast if left to the elements.

mickEblu

Zombie Rumors (to me) are rumors that have been circulating for years or more, but pop up in so many disconnected places that they probably did have actual plans at one point that never materialized.

Examples include:
•Imagination 4
•Door Coaster
•GRR retheme
•California Adventure rename
•ToT retheme

There's probably other examples but these are good ones.

Ah got it thanks. So that would mean you probably haven't heard anything recently in regards to a potential Door coaster going to DCA from a reputable source? I haven't heard any Doors coaster rumor for DCA in a very long time. Just recently it has resurfaced for DHS. I just think it makes a lot of sense to make one for DCA too.

Sneaky

My thought on some of the zombie rumors
Honestly maybe just chop off “studios” and call it a day? “Disneys Hollywood?” “Disney’s Hollywoodland”?
•ToT retheme
I think it’s staying TOT, but I wouldn’t be shocked if “twilight zone” is gone from the Hollywood tower hotel in like 5-10 years

Imagination 4
I am not flinching.
•Door Coaster
Time to let this one go tbh.

aladdin2007

My thought on some of the zombie rumors

Honestly maybe just chop off “studios” and call it a day? “Disneys Hollywood?” “Disney’s Hollywoodland”?

I think it’s staying TOT, but I wouldn’t be shocked if “twilight zone” is gone from the Hollywood tower hotel in like 5-10 years

I am not flinching.

Time to let this one go tbh.
while this is not the thread, if they ever did rename it anything it would be Hollywood Adventure Park, pray to the rooftops of TDO and Glendale that never passes...:banghead:.. regarding bears back on topic, It makes too much sense for pecos bill to become Hungry Bears, since the show spills out into there basically, that's why it would never happen. Unless common sense finally starts making decisions, one can still hope? Personally I think the tiana ship has sailed, how has that gone so far? yeah not expecting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom