News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

James Alucobond

Would be cool if something like this took over Pecos if Tiana’s never materializes.

Still, it’s nice to see the Country Bears return to Disneyland’s Critter Country in some form.
Hungry Bear by the Bayou would be a nice compromise with a selection of cuisine from along the Mississippi (and a permanent home for a few Tiana-centric items without needing to change the restaurant exterior). I still think it's not likely to happen until they can offload Tex-Mex to BBT, though.

Ice Gator

Hungry Bear by the Bayou would be a nice compromise with a selection of cuisine from along the Mississippi (and a permanent home for a few Tiana-centric items without needing to change the restaurant exterior). I still think it's not likely to happen until they can offload Tex-Mex to BBT, though.
I like the idea of it being home to more BBQ/comfort style food (including Tiana-related items). I agree though, it's unlikely it'll happen until a new Tex-Mex location(s) open as part of BBT.

gerarar

Premium Member
View attachment 802040

Anyone have any clue if this is true? It’s from an article from Mickey Views. I haven’t seen any video of the CBMJ where you can really see any sort of burning effect on Ernest’s fiddle, just the smoke. I’m sure it’s hard to pick up on a camera, but you’d think there’d be someone else also confirming the fiber optics.
BlogMickey has some close-up pictures of the strings turning red.
1721491530502.png

1721491542400.png

Source and more:

BrianLo

A tad curious that they didn’t hold off for D23 for the CB - hungry bear announcement.

Were they worried it wouldn’t play well? Or seem too token? Or can they just not hide the retheme a few more weeks.

It certainly tells me the presentation is not in a desperate lacking content state.

mickEblu

It's not as if Critter Country had no references to CBJ prior to the land's recent closure...View attachment 802191
View attachment 802192View attachment 802193View attachment 802195

Hungry Bear was always themed to the Country Bears.

That’s why I don’t understand why it needs the name change. They could just add the merch, menu items and more of a CBJ presence. Why put yourself into position where you might have to change any of those iconic signs? It’s not like the majority of your guests/ APs won’t know it’s the “CBJ” restaurant and we know CBJ isn’t moving the needle and bringing in casual guests.

They haven’t been killing it with the signage lately. Hopefully they do it with care or just keep the name change on the App/ map and just change the sign above the registers.

Moth

A tad curious that they didn’t hold off for D23 for the CB - hungry bear announcement.

Were they worried it wouldn’t play well? Or seem too token? Or can they just not hide the retheme a few more weeks.

It certainly tells me the presentation is not in a desperate lacking content state.

I think the biggest tip-off was the fact we got that killer Japan cruise announcement randomly.

mickEblu

I think the biggest tip-off was the fact we got that killer Japan cruise announcement randomly.

This would seem to be at odds with the CBJ GRR rumor no? Hard to imagine them doing both. Not impossible just doesn't seem likely. Then again if your Disney, GRR is Ip'less, why not add Big Al and a couple CBJ bears to sell a bunch of CBJ merch at store outside the ride?

Moth

This would seem to be at odds with the CBJ GRR rumor no? Hard to imagine them doing both. Not impossible just doesn't seem likely. Then again if your Disney, GRR is Ip'less, why not add Big Al and a couple CBJ bears to sell a bunch of CBJ merch at store outside the ride?

I heard both 'CB are moving into Cali again" with or without a GRR retheme.

I can possibly see both. But this probably the best the bears are getting at this moment. GRR retheme is just a zombie rumor that the mill churns out again every few years.

mickEblu

I heard both 'CB are moving into Cali again" with or without a GRR retheme.

I can possibly see both. But this probably the best the bears are getting at this moment. GRR retheme is just a zombie rumor that the mill churns out again every few years.

Hungry Bear is their better home of the two options. But what about the Monsters Door's coaster at DCA? Can I take your silence there as a possibility that I'm onto something?

C33Mom

I was skeptical of the GRR rumor— are there any animatronics that can handle the wear and tear of outdoor livin’ 24/7? I would think the most it could be is a few more wooden carvings like Big Al.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom