News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

In the Parks
No
I 100% expect this iteration to make its way to Japan. This seems like something that audience would eat right up.
But it's already popular as it is. There is no reason for it. This isn't going to change the popularity of the CBs at WDW long-term. There will be a mild bump at the start of its lifespan, but it's going to settle into the same level of crowds as the previous version had.

J.E.Smith

I think in terms of obscure Disney songs that they could have used, there was a missed opportunity to use a song from the Country Bears' own movie. Like instead of the original number, they could have had Henry and the Bear Rugs open the show with "Let It Ride", which opened the film.

threvester

But it's already popular as it is. There is no reason for it. This isn't going to change the popularity of the CBs at WDW long-term. There will be a mild bump at the start of its lifespan, but it's going to settle into the same level of crowds as the previous version had.
I said the same thing about Tianas. It only makes sense. People who like shows will watch it once a trip and people who dont like shows will skip it...same crowds

zipadee999

Just curious, for those who think the new show is so well done, do you think you would have the same reaction if they would have just reskinned and redone the AAs, remastered and used the original audio and songs, and maybe just added in 1 new song (instead of pushing all Disney movie IP songs)…or are the new songs what you like the most?
The entire time watching the new show, this is what I was wishing they’d done!

peter11435

Just curious, for those who think the new show is so well done, do you think you would have the same reaction if they would have just reskinned and redone the AAs, remastered and used the original audio and songs, and maybe just added in 1 new song (instead of pushing all Disney movie IP songs)…or are the new songs what you like the most?
That would have obviously been better for many of us. However there is no reality where that would have been the outcome.

Sneakman

I do feel like the new show would benefit from one or two original songs to mix in. Pianjo in the intro, blood on the saddle in the second reprise of “remember me” at the end. Keep the rest of the show the same mostly, but have some originals for the original fans, while not making taking away from the new stuff.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Unoriginal and derivative. They ruined another classic. It’s nothing more than bad covers of already overused Disney movie songs that can be heard a dozen other places around the parks. No creativity or original thought. Horrendous.

Disney seems incapable of creating original work for the parks anymore.
It’s an updated showbiz pizza with Disney music

Bocabear

Most of the songs seemed ok to me except Try Everything and Whole New World... Try Everything doesn't feel like a Disney song, and is certainly not memorable...Whole New World just felt unrelated to anything else in the show... I look forward to seeing it in person...maybe there are some intangibles that don't come across in the video...

Sneakman

Most of the songs seemed ok to me except Try Everything and Whole New World... Try Everything doesn't feel like a Disney song, and is certainly not memorable...Whole New World just felt unrelated to anything else in the show... I look forward to seeing it in person...maybe there are some intangibles that don't come across in the video...
I like a whole new world, because that stupid bit where Wendell rises up and max says “where he comes from” is one of my favorite, and I also thing Wendell rising up with this long intro and coming in with that squeaky “I can show you the world” is good buildup and kinda funny

Sneakman

From someone with zero nostalgia: I thought the previous version was strange and boring.

The new version saves the bears.

Dare I say those who do have nostalgia might want to be thankful Disney found a way to maybe, hopefully keep the bears for decade(s) to come?
I get why people with no nostalgia don’t like the show. It was the “rocky horror” of Disney imo. I’m happy new people seem to like it! And I’m also happier we still have the bears, like you said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom