News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

zipadee999

The smoking fiddle was the best part. The opening song was ok. The rest was meh, at best.

Oh wait, I guess that's being negative. :rolleyes:
It’s not as good as the original show which used smarter humor and real country music, but I’d take it over the butchered 2012 version and it’s probably the best ‘reimagining’ we’ve had in a while, so I’m still feeling generally positive about it. I can watch the POV find it enjoyable while still comparing it to the original, which is not something I can do with something like TBA.

The original country bear jamboree was lightning in a bottle. It was the perfect unique mix of many things that created an iconic experience. No overlay will come close to that. However, this is likely the best of the many overlays the show has received over the years, and is very much on par with vacation hoedown. Like vacation hoedown, it won’t be the genius, expertly crafted experience of the original, but it will be a fun, fresh take that’s certainly worth our time and appreciation in its own way!

Sneakman

It’s not as good as the original show which used smarter humor and real country music, but I’d take it over the butchered 2012 version and it’s probably the best ‘reimagining’ we’ve had in a while, so I’m still feeling generally positive about it. I can watch the POV find it enjoyable while still comparing it to the original, which is not something I can do with something like TBA.

The original country bear jamboree was lightning in a bottle. It was the perfect unique mix of many things that created an iconic experience. No overlay will come close to that. However, this is likely the best of the many overlays the show has received over the years, and is very much on par with vacation hoedown. Like vacation hoedown, it won’t be the genius, expertly crafted experience of the original, but it will be a fun, fresh take that’s certainly worth our time and appreciation in its own way!
You perfectly highlighted my feelings. “Lighting in a bottle” is a good term to describe CBJ ‘71.

easyrowrdw

The smoking fiddle was the best part. The opening song was ok. The rest was meh, at best.

Oh wait, I guess that's being negative. :rolleyes:
Yeah, the smoking fiddle was good. But to nit-pick, I think it would've been better if had taken longer to smoke. It started quickly and just kind of kept doing the same thing. I think you gotta either build up to it or have the smoke get woefully out of hand.

Inspired Figment

Does Pete Renaday return to voice Henry in this? I believe he's still alive but he might be too old to reprise the role.
Sad to say that he didn’t, but he’s still alive and well and can still do his voice. Even came out for D23 Expo’s voices of the parks presentations too, numerous times , along with various videos featuring him, he’s also done numerous interviews with people in recent years. So yeah.. I really don’t get it. Will try to find out soon though. That or I hope the folks that created the new show can tell us why at some point.
In the end though, despite my befuddlement regarding that aspect.. I’m just glad the bears weren’t axed entirely and that the AAs were enhanced tastefully internally and fur wise.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Sad to say that he didn’t, but he’s still alive and well and can still do his voice. Even came out for D23 Expo’s voices of the parks presentations too, numerous times , along with various videos featuring him, he’s also done numerous interviews with people in recent years. So yeah.. I really don’t get it. Will try to find out soon though. That or I hope the folks that created the new show can tell us why at some point.
In the end though, despite my befuddlement regarding that aspect.. I’m just glad the bears weren’t axed entirely and that the AAs were enhanced tastefully internally and fur wise.
That sucks. I'm sure there's some internal reason why they didn't go with him, whether or not I agree with it is up for debate.

Surferboy567

I gave an honest opinion, and yes, it's critical. If you want sunshine and unicorns around everything Disney does, there are other sites for that.
Next time, read the whole post to get a clear picture of what is being said.
Nothing, @Starship824 and I were waiting to see who would be the first one following the outpouring of positivity. Since that’s such a rarity to see agreement/positive on a new addition.

Ismael Flores

With thousands and thousands of Disney music they owned my only gripe is why they needed to pick the same songs they use over and over. The Whole new World is so out of place. Music that came from some of Disney animated movies that have bombed in theaters were sometimes more popular than the movies and could have been used.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
The thing with Davy and Following the Leader is that most people probably don’t know about the lyrics. That and racism against Indigenous people not being the “in thing” rn. Whatever the reason, there’s no excuse for Disney. It’s baffling hypocrisy.
Oh this too 100%.

There is no reason why i should be able to buy t shirts and dolls of a REAL PERSON marketed as a Disney Princess, especially with how they did the movie based on a real person.

JoeCamel

With thousands and thousands of Disney music they owned my only gripe is why they needed to pick the same songs they use over and over. The Whole new World is so out of place. Music that came from some of Disney animated movies that have bombed in theaters were sometimes more popular than the movies and could have been used.
They paid for those songs so they need to get some kind of return from them......

Surferboy567

Nah. You were waiting to pounce on anything you saw as negative, that's why it took you both less than 5 minutes to post the exact same thing. It's as obvious as a 2-week dead fish.
That’s funny, I remember being pretty mixed on a ton of new additions like Bayou Adventure. Maybe my mind is slipping though.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Overall I have no idea how to feel about this show, the gag of Ernest's fiddle catching fire is funny and I liked the nods to the original show. Was really cute.

Fixer-Upper being in there felt like some kind of mandate, like the show HAD to have a song from Frozen but they didn't want to put Let It Go in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom