News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

mickEblu

I don't like being called an "insider", sounds yucky.

It's more like "rumor mill reporter", getting stuff from a variety of sources and telling yall that stuff.

Lol, that's fair. It is a kind of overused and vague term at this point. At least the way it’s used here. Im assuming by rumor mill you mean credible sources and not anonymous people on the internet.

Last edited:

Moth

Lol, that's fair. It is a kind of an overused and vague term at this point. At least the way its used here. Im assuming by rumor mill you mean credible sources and not anonymous people on the internet.
Nod nod. I've known these people for years, they've gotten stuff right, stuff wrong, sometimes I get new sources that get stuff right and listen to them... I usually filter out the ones that get stuff consistently wrong though.

Sneakman

I’m late on this, but it’s pretty good! The animatronics move and look beautiful! Some parts were better than i expected! I do wish “remember me” was shorter than I had hoped, my king deserves longer. Overall the show still has soul, even if it’s not as good as the og. The Disney songs aren’t that bad, and heck I even liked try everything and a whole new world! My least favorite is fixed upper, but shaker had the worst song in the 2012 version anyway. I expected to hate it, and I was meh at first, but after a few watched I’ve warmed up to it! Hope new generations love this show!

Haymarket2008

I actually think its very evident that the designers put a ton of effort into making this show the best version of itself, updating whenever possible while keeping inspiration from the original show. What they pulled off is actually fairly impressive given what they were tasked with.

The IP mandate was going to be an anchor and that is unfortunate. But I think they did a good job of making lemonade from a bunch of lemons.

Some of the Imagineers involved are literally the best of the best and are some of the few who genuinely understand the historical legacy this attraction has.

Clearly made the best of a less than ideal "IP mandate"

I'm not going to watch until I see the show in September, but the positive reviews are a relief.

Sneakman

I’m late on this, but it’s pretty good! The animatronics move and look beautiful! Some parts were better than i expected! I do wish “remember me” was shorter than I had hoped, my king deserves longer. Overall the show still has soul, even if it’s not as good as the og. The Disney songs aren’t that bad, and heck I even liked try everything and a whole new world! My least favorite is fixed upper, but shaker had the worst song in the 2012 version anyway. I expected to hate it, and I was meh at first, but after a few watched I’ve warmed up to it! Hope new generations love this show!
Also I can 100% tell that big Al’s “remember me” reprise was where “blood on the saddle” was supposed to go. Luckily, Al is still the best part of the show.

jaxonp

Better than expected. The old show was tired and falling apart. This is one area where more Disney IP was actually executed pretty well imo... This could have been scratched completely for another meet and greet or quick serve. Pick your poison.

Jedi14

I never saw the previous show in person, but I watched videos of it and I wasn’t impressed. I don’t have a problem with IP integration at the parks so the initial announcement of the new version didn’t bother me. I like the new show and think the song choices ended up fitting.

Sneakman

I never saw the previous show in person, but I watched videos of it and I wasn’t impressed. I don’t have a problem with IP integration at the parks so the initial announcement of the new version didn’t bother me. I like the new show and think the song choices ended up fitting.
Tbh bears was sorta like a tiki room at Disneyland thing where it was passed down, and it also was a cult attraction where not everyone liked it, but those who did were CRAZY about it, me included. It’s a shame the og had to go but with the 2012 update, it kidna was limping along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom