News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

tanc

I mean functionally the ride is way better, no question. I just feel like it would have been nice to not hear "A Whole New World" or "You got a friend in me" I feel like they're some of the most overplayed songs of all time. I'm fine with the other songs though. The unbirthday song for example could have been a funny addition.

J.E.Smith

For those who didn't like the actual Try Everything song, what did you think of the slide show? I loved the Christmas special reference with Trixie having Teddi's skis. I think the slides honestly are my favorite part of the number. I like how the slides keep the old style of the previous show's slides, as well as all the new funny artwork of Trixie failing at things.

Attachments

• trixiechristmasreference.png
    trixiechristmasreference.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 42

easyrowrdw

I won’t lie I was expecting at least one non-Disney classic like “Country Road Take Me Home” or something similar.
Yeah. I thought it would be a mixture of old songs and Disney songs. I guess that wouldn’t have made much sense but I was hoping. But this just felt very bland to me; there’s nothing really surprising. Aside from Big Al, it didn’t seem particularly humorous either. But maybe the “funny” parts convey better in person. I dunno.

The Leader of the Club

I mean functionally the ride is way better, no question. I just feel like it would have been nice to not hear "A Whole New World" or "You got a friend in me" I feel like they're some of the most overplayed songs of all time.
“You’ve got a friend in me” fit this concept like a glove. I think it had to be here in the same way that Bare Necessities did.
Whole New World could have been swapped, but honestly I think it works well. Wendell’s vocals are funny and Teddi Berra’s swing is a great stand-in for the magic carpet. I don’t know of another duet that would work as well.

Moth

For those who didn't like the actual Try Everything song, what did you think of the slide show? I loved the Christmas special reference with Trixie having Teddi's skis. I think the slides honestly are my favorite part of the number. I like how the slides keep the old style of the previous show's slides, as well as all the new funny artwork of Trixie failing at things.
Adorable!! I loved the slideshow, I just dislike the execution of the song.

Brer Panther

I watched a couple videos, and I'm honestly surprised that this turned out so good.

This was made by Iger's Disney's Imagineering? The same guys who gave us Tiana's Bayou Adventure, the Ratatouille ride, and Runaway Railway? I'm shocked. They kept in everything that made the Country Bear Jamboree so great... aside from the songs. I still think having the bears sing Disney songs is a dumb idea, and I sincerely doubt it's gonna result in longer wait times, but most of the songs sounded pretty good. I'm amazed they resisted the urge to throw in any Encanto or Princess and the Frog songs. This could've been a lot worse - I was half-expecting one of the bears to sing "Let It Go" and a load of unfunny "meta" humor.

I'd say the parts that worked the least for me were "Try Everything" (the pop style of the song sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the others) and "Fixer Upper" (if only for the part where Buff, Max and Melvin were rattling off lyrics - that was pretty cringe-worthy). I'm glad that Max, Buff and Melvin have a lot of lines, and giving them the "no eating, drinking, or flash photography" spiel was a nice touch. Are you sure they didn't get Peter Reneday back? It sure SOUNDED like Peter as Henry and Max...

What the heck was Buff saying after Trixie's song? I couldn't make it out over the applause.
The imagineers did their homework, and this is a very ‘on brand’ country bears experience which feels like a continuation of the original rather than an ‘Under New Management’ situation. You can tell lots of love and care was put into the show. This is the first ‘reimagining’ in a long time that equals and even improves upon what was there before. Overall very very happy and relieved to see what they did here!
That's basically my thoughts too.
This is why I'll never understand all the people who just constantly blame Bob Iger. Like do you really think Bob Iger truly cares about the price of cupcakes when he has much bigger things to deal with? I don't think Bob Iger is constantly looking at the development and giving notes on the Country Bear musical jamboree. If you truly hate most of the parks and new offerings then the people you should be blaming are Josh D'Amaro and Jeff Vahle. I'm not even saying I like Bob Iger just that the blame is misdirected.
To quote A Bug's Life: "First rule of leadership - everything is your fault."
This new show is a symptom of just how shallow and limited Disney’s understanding of IP is.
I won't argue with that.
Does anybody know exactly what was done to the animatronics? The new skins and furs are pretty obvious, but I’m wondering what was done mechanically? I’ve heard that they made the transition from hydraulic to electric, and was just wondering how much of the 1971 hardware was left inside of them or if these are essentially new animatronics?

If they are in fact new or mostly new, maybe some duplicates could have been created for whatever DL might have brewing over in Grizzly Peak
Weren't some parts from the scrapped Splash Mountain animatronics used to fix up the originals?

J.E.Smith

I think while there's stuff from the original show that I miss, I do appreciate some of the callbacks to old CBJ lore. Henry saying that Ernest used to play at Mineral King for example. I do like that the banter between Buff Max and Melvin before Terrence's number at least set up Fixer-Upper.

Also I liked Henry's intro to Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah by him saying "Or is that Beulah, Bunny, and Bubbles?" like he couldn't tell the three apart. That could have been a nod to the fact that Bunny has always been the bear in the middle, not Bubbles.

nickf456

So I never saw the original show growing up in my few trips to Disney World in my youth. I first saw the show in 2022 and watched it several times on my college program last year in 2023, so I don't have the immense nostalgia for the original show as some have. That being said, I do love the original show for mainly its shock value humor, I loved taking people just to see it just to see their reactions of the show. So I do have a fondness for the OG show. Like many, I was very skeptical about the move to all IP based music, but had hope that they'd at least be faithful to the OG show.

Overall I do feel like this is a very good and respectful modern version of the show. The part that stood out to me most was Ernest's violin catching smoke. Not only is this on par with the humor in the original show, it feels like a gag that the first generation of Imagineers would come up with, which is something I'd never thought I'd see. The new animatronics look great, and I'm hoping if this show doesn't go the way Disney is hoping, they can easily rework the animatronics into a new show with all original (or at least non mainstream Disney IP) music. My only gripe is the arrangement of Try Everything really does not fit. I feel they tried their best trying to create a deep country version of the song but it just comes off as too pop-y. The show starts off a little rough, but picks up pretty fast from there.

I still do feel like this is a good overall follow up to what we had and I'm looking forward to checking it out the next time I'm at MK!

Magenta Panther

Saw a couple of videos on YouTube of this new show.

Well, it does look like the bears have been spiffed up - repainted, and in at least one case, refurred: Gomer, the piano player, now sports a black coat instead of his previous red one - and that's a good thing. All of the AA's movements look great - smooth and expressive.

As for the show...song choices were okay. I guess. The bear trio's original song "All The Guys Who Turn Me On, Turn Me Down" was a MUCH better choice than "Try Everything" because it was FUNNY. Too bad we lost that. And of course we lost Big Al's "Blood on the Saddle" - can't have a song about blood in Igerland these days, the kids today are delicate little flowers, it might upset them :rolleyes:. Worst of all - "Davy Crockett" was excised. I mean, why? It's a Disney song - in fact, it was the only Disney song in the original show! Why get rid of that? Makes no sense.

But overall, it's a cute show. Not very country though. Ah well...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It’s not an excuse, it‘s the driving force for the change. My opinion is that the typical park guest, including myself, will find the new show more engaging, more memorable, and more entertaining than the show it replaced while maintaining the same charm as the original.

None of that suggests they didn’t go above and beyond. This update is one of the best executed updates WDI has pulled off in their history. The old show was boring, didn’t engage audiences, and it was stale. Hence, guests didn’t show much interest in going to see it.
Jesus Christ. No wonder they get away with piling up the garbage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom