News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

The Chatbox Ghost

I can’t wait for the next overlay: Country Bear Romantic Competition
For real though, it would've been hilarious if they had Henry acknowledge his annoyance at Wendell, perhaps by one-upping him- "Jokes on him, I'm the one with the ladder!" Either that or having Teddi immediately shift her attention from Wendell to Henry when the song is over, leaving Wendell sighing.

The Chatbox Ghost

With the positive reception of bears, I proclaim: the country bears are undefeated. They are just them. My goats.
To quote someone I know- the bears still feel like the bears. They feel real, with the same personalities they've always had, and this new show just feels like another day in their life, much like the Christmas and Vacation shows.

Last edited:

Sneakman

For real though, it would've been hilarious if they had Henry acknowledge his annoyance at Wendell, perhaps by one-upping him- "Jokes on him, I'm the one with the ladder!" Either that or having Teddi immediately shift her attention from Wendell to Henry when the song is over, leaving Wendell sighing.
I feel like the joke in the show is fine, just needs a final bit. After the ladder and swing thing buff and max say. Somethitn like this:
Buff: “I would come up, but I’m afraid of heights!”
Max: “and I’m afraid of Swings!”
Melvin: “and I’m afraid of Wendell”

The Chatbox Ghost

I feel like the joke in the show is fine, just needs a final bit. After the ladder and swing thing buff and max say. Somethitn like this:
Buff: “I would come up, but I’m afraid of heights!”
Max: “and I’m afraid of Swings!”
Melvin: “and I’m afraid of Wendell”
Or have Henry cut in - "and I'm afraid I'm the only one with a ladder." Or something like that. A punchline that follows the setup and also works to inform the audience of Henry and Teddi's romance.

Sneakman

To quote someone I know (who I probably can't name here)- the bears still feel like the bears. They feel real, with the same personalities they've always had, and this new show just feels like another day in their life, much like the Christmas and Vacation shows.
Thats the best part. Long live the bears. May they some day return to California, perhaps in a peak. A grizzly peak. Nah, it’d never work.

EeyoreFan#24

I though it was a pretty solid showing of the bears. The audio sounded off, but it always sounded bad for me if I sat under the balcony. Between that, an that its a video, I don't think its a show issue. I'm looking forward to seeing it live.

Original will always be an unreplaceable classic, but this is a good show in its own new era.

FigmentJedi

I doubt Henry and Teddi's relationship not being mentioned is because of anything that could be "offensive." They straight up said in the new official bios for the bears they put out a few days ago that Henry is annoyed that Wendell is singing with Teddi. And the new queue even features a photograph of Henry on his ladder having a meal with Teddi.

I can’t wait for the next overlay: Country Bear Romantic Competition

34dea4ecc3b2686915fd07e8d6cd4d9977b676d4.png

(source)

The Chatbox Ghost

I wonder if Philharmagic’s time is running short. It is kinda redundant with this CBJ existing and attractions based on nearly every IP featured in it. I feel like the 3D show would be fairly easy to replace.
Heck, maybe just replace the movies with ones that aren’t featured in other places in the park (Tangled, Encanto, etc.)
I would LOVE if Philharmagic was replaced by something new- maybe a physical animatronic show? Then again, it would probably be redundant to have a "new" Mickey Mouse Revue, given that the Country Bears are technically doing that now. Maybe just a new stage show or something?

Turtlekrawl

For me, this speaks as yet another example of this era of Disney lacking the imagination, creativity, and originality that once made the company famous. It’s too safe. The one original song is about as vanilla as it gets.

Despite the new renditions (a few being quite good), I am personally bored of hearing the same portfolio songs over and over.

I get that comedy is hard in 2024. Disney is barely even trying anymore.

The continued dumbing down of attractions may work in the short term, as they do still entertain. But I doubt they will capture the imagination of a new generation the way most of the pre-Iger entries did.

celluloid

For me, this speaks as yet another example of this era of Disney lacking the imagination, creativity, and originality that once made the company famous. It’s too safe. The one original song is about as vanilla as it gets.

Despite the new renditions (a few being quite good), I am personally bored of hearing the same portfolio songs over and over.

I get that comedy is hard in 2024. Disney is barely even trying anymore.

The continued dumbing down of attractions may work in the short term, as they do still entertain. But I doubt they will capture the imagination of a new generation the way most of the pre-Iger entries did.

That about sums it up.

It looks great. It probably sounds pretty great.

I like the first minute of the show because it seems like it is going to pace with some jokes.(like the blues brother inspired one)

Now all the laughs seem to come from the same thing:

Oh haha, its a twangy version of that famous Disney movie song from the last few decades.

For the most part, the lobby updates and the first minute of the show are strong.

The Chatbox Ghost

That about sums it up.

It looks great. It probably sounds pretty great.

I like the first minute of the show because it seems like it is going to pace with some jokes.(like the blues brother inspired one)

Now all the laughs seem to come from the same thing:

Oh haha, its a twangy version of that famous Disney movie song from the last few decades.

For the most part, the lobby updates and the first minute of the show are strong.
I mean, there's also the smoking fiddle gag that got a reaction out of the audience and seems to be one of the most popular new additions. And a lot of the mounted head's banter got some laughs- especially Buff's "I'm stuffed". But I do agree, a lot of the humor seemed to come from "strange bear singing a song I know"- but then again, the original show had a lot of "strange bear singing a weird song" humor too.

celluloid

I mean, there's also the smoking fiddle gag that got a reaction out of the audience and seems to be one of the most popular new additions. And a lot of the mounted head's banter got some laughs- especially Buff's "I'm stuffed". But I do agree, a lot of the humor seemed to come from "strange bear singing a song I know"- but then again, the original show had a lot of "strange bear singing a weird song" humor too.

The difference there is, the lyrics and stories the songs told were funny novelties themselves. No songs of the original were anything but humor with the most serious being the slower ones and context and riffs from other characters made them funny. And made sense to the context.(the riffs on tears will be the chaser for your wine and the finale davy crockett gag of Sammy coming out of the hat) They were singing novelty country songs for the rest. Now it is like putting a twang filter on songs. It makes the characters more two dimensional rather than meta putting on a show.

Oddly, for those that thought anything in the old show was offensive, should bother them the same way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom