News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Brian

Sure, I like "You've Got A Friend In Me" as much as the next person, but how many times do I need to hear it in one visit?
"One million!"

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Just got to see the show in person! Honestly a lot of fun and I love the original song. Wendell’s fiddle scene got our whole theatre clapping and everyone was still cracking up at Big Al. The only part of the show I think I don’t like is how Pop-sounding Try Everything is. The show is still funny, just not inappropriate shock value funny. The bears all look fantastic and fluid. I’m impressed and satisfied. :)

TrainsOfDisney

I realize this is silly - but for those saying “what’s the big deal about Disney songs in a Disney park!” - would you expect Disney songs in Hall of Presidents or American Adventure?

The parks were not designed to be one giant Disney IP fest - they were designed with a good mix of various styles.

The country bears were never about Disney songs, they were about old fashioned country songs and classic vaudeville comedy.

So it does change the point of the attraction- but I’m glad it’s as good as it could be given the circumstances.

The Leader of the Club

Another thought - with the Disney songs, you now have basically two of the same attraction in MK between this and Philarmagic, and even one song shared between them, plus two of the same IPs (Coco and Mermaid), albeit with different songs. (and there's also the Mermaid ride, which again shares songs).
I wonder if Philharmagic’s time is running short. It is kinda redundant with this CBJ existing and attractions based on nearly every IP featured in it. I feel like the 3D show would be fairly easy to replace.
Heck, maybe just replace the movies with ones that aren’t featured in other places in the park (Tangled, Encanto, etc.)

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
It was never going to be perfect or for many hold up to the OG, but it is a great show for where we are in 2024 and had more laughs than the original from what I can tell. I strongly dislike "Try Everything" as it is very much out of place. Some of the transitions could be faster and another 40 seconds of some songs extending would be good. Should have kept one more OG song. Little too much use of the wall mounts but I'm glad they are back in the show. Show looks good and my son, who has always been freaked out by the animatronics, might not have to be dragged in to see it with their refurbishment.

Overall. 8.9

mickEblu

@Moth is Grizzly River Rapids what you were referring to?

Oh didn't realize they were an insider. I don't spend a lot of time on the WDW side of the forum. That makes my response to @Moth below kind of funny...

That’s what I was thinking. Something like a Big Al being added to GRR. Or maybe a few of the Country Bears And they rebrand the whole ride. I’m guessing they put that Big Al statue out there to gauge interest. While I’m not crazy about the new iteration of the bears I’m all for it if it saves Grizzly Peak and the Grand Californian from being rethemed (or demo’d) by/ for whatever IP non sense they can imagine there. And aside from that we could do a whole lot worse than a (still kinda) charming AA show paying homage to Disneylands past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom