News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

zipadee999

Does anybody know exactly what was done to the animatronics? The new skins and furs are pretty obvious, but I’m wondering what was done mechanically? I’ve heard that they made the transition from hydraulic to electric, and was just wondering how much of the 1971 hardware was left inside of them or if these are essentially new animatronics?

If they are in fact new or mostly new, maybe some duplicates could have been created for whatever DL might have brewing over in Grizzly Peak

J.E.Smith

Well, Pete being retired at his current age would make sense, but I wasn't sure of his status. But since Henry was one of Pete's favorite characters, and he always spoke of fondess of his time doing CBJ, I figured maybe he'd attempt to come back if he could pull it off. But if it was a simple "Pete's retired or he couldn't pull off a full show performance" that would be understandable.

KDM31091

If we must have IP shoehorned into everything, this isn’t that bad, and it’s better than losing the Bears entirely. But, it’s not superior to what it replaced. Which is becoming a common theme that is slowly destroying the parks.

It’s hogwash to say people thought the old was boring, IMO. There was always tons of clapping along, singing, stomping. People liked it. It was just a nice classic attraction.

As I assumed, this comes off like basically a Disney movies/ Disney+ commercial that just happens to feature the Bears. You could take out the bears and replace it with screens of the representative movies and it would be essentially the same effect.

I’ll go watch it, but I’m not impressed. I’m not horrified. It’s just meh. Which is becoming far too common with the parks.

zipadee999

Well, Pete being retired at his current age would make sense, but I wasn't sure of his status. But since Henry was one of Pete's favorite characters, and he always spoke of fondess of his time doing CBJ, I figured maybe he'd attempt to come back if he could pull it off. But if it was a simple "Pete's retired or he couldn't pull off a full show performance" that would be understandable.
Given his age, I wonder if the singing would’ve proven difficult. If so, they would’ve had to bring him in to record Henry’s spoken lines, and then brought in a new VA to do Henry’s sung lines. If Pete was already retired in the first place and likely not pounding the door down to record lines, it was likely the easiest option to find somebody who sounded enough like him but could do both the speaking and the singing without as much effort. They could’ve at least had him come back as Max to give him the tip of the hat though

Brian

I'm going to maintain my position from the beginning of the thread: I'd rather the bears be gone entirely than have them desecrated with pandering, irrelevant IP songs. At least if they were gone entirely they'd have been replaced with something completely out of place, which would, in my opinion, be better than this blatant thematic and melodic clash between Country/Western and out of place IP songs (looking at you, 'Try Everything'). ETA: In other words, a complete replacement wouldn't be pretending to be something it's not.

Last edited:

J.E.Smith

Also Peter hasn't come back to do Splinter in recent years in Ninja Turtles video games like Shredder's Revenge where they use the 1980s versions and voices of the Turtles. In fact, just a few days ago, I started playing Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 which came out last year, which uses Peter's version of Splinter, but they didn't get Pete back to voice him.

When I heard that, they made me expect Pete not being Henry in this to tell the truth.

Brian

This isn't bad. I just don't get why they took out some of the humor such as the reveal of the swinging bear from the ceiling and the host hitting on her.
Because the sterilized, dumbed down Disney of today insists that nothing makes it into the show that could be perceived as offensive by some no-name keyboard warrior who will never step foot in the parks.

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Imo the only swing and a miss is Try Everything, which again proves Zootopia should stay far away from any Disney parks whatsoever /s.
I am not a fan of Zootopia, but this was my favourite song. I was sitting at my desk, with my feet tapping and head bobbing. It was the only song I rewound to hear again on my first viewing.

Great job overall. The new furs are gorgeous. The songs are all recognizable (except one, but that's a me thing), and I could definitely see myself watching this multiple times on my next visit.

Also, looks like Brayden pretty much nailed the set list. The only one he missed was "Fixer-Upper". 🤷‍♀️

To paraphrase Chef's Reactions - "It's a 9.7 ... would definitely try it".

mickEblu

Just finished the video. Yeah the songs after “Try everything” are a much better fit. Odd choice. It’s also musically too upbeat and not the right choice to be the second song of the show. The new intro song is just Ok. All the other songs/ acts are fine although I think Fixer Upper falls a bit flat. I love the smoking fiddle scene as well as Ernest’s facial expressions. Big Al’s scene is too short.

mightynine

If we must have IP shoehorned into everything, this isn’t that bad, and it’s better than losing the Bears entirely. But, it’s not superior to what it replaced. Which is becoming a common theme that is slowly destroying the parks.

It’s hogwash to say people thought the old was boring, IMO. There was always tons of clapping along, singing, stomping. People liked it. It was just a nice classic attraction.

As I assumed, this comes off like basically a Disney movies/ Disney+ commercial that just happens to feature the Bears. You could take out the bears and replace it with screens of the representative movies and it would be essentially the same effect.

I’ll go watch it, but I’m not impressed. I’m not horrified. It’s just meh. Which is becoming far too common with the parks.
Another thought - with the Disney songs, you now have basically two of the same attraction in MK between this and Philarmagic, and even one song shared between them, plus two of the same IPs (Coco and Mermaid), albeit with different songs. (and there's also the Mermaid ride, which again shares songs).

Also, your nighttime spectacular has a bunch of the same songs featured in these shows.

At what point does the guest who spent thousands of dollars for this vacation start to think "Gee, this is getting a little repetative?" This, to me, is the biggest weakness of going all-in on IP. Sure, I like "You've Got A Friend In Me" as much as the next person, but how many times do I need to hear it in one visit?

J.E.Smith

Yeah I like how Try Everything used the classic Country Bear slide show to at least tell a funny story of Trixie's humorous failures. That I think is the reason it was used so they could make funny slides out of it. Also there's a nod to the Christmas Special in there. When Trixie skis in one slide, she's using Teddi's skis from the Christmas show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom