News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

splah

I give it a 93.

The only parts that took me out of the moment were Kiss the Girl and Whole New World. They just weren't countrified enough. Similar to the previous country version from the CD the way New World is written it just doesn't lend itself to a country version.

the pacing was great, and there is a warmth and care taken unlike a lot of recent projects. I particularly like the smoke coming from the strings.

I like they kept the bears around, but I had no strong affection for the original show other than it showcases the disney touch that makes the place special.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I mean, I get it ... people on these boards want more original attractions, like the WDI of old. Alas, Disney does not seem to be heading in that direction, and that is likely something more on here need to accept. For all we know, in a decade it swings back, and we have more original stuff coming out in the parks.

But what I do often find amusing is the outcry on here when Disney uses some of the most beloved songs of ANY company. Songs that engage kids, bring nostalgia to various generations, and perhaps allows an old attraction to even continue to exist, which may otherwise be removed due to lack of popularity.

Disney is adding their popular Disney songs, into *checks notes* a Disney theme park... Shocking.
This is what I always say. People always outcry when they go to Disney world and find Disney at the world.

themerebear6453

What a nice surprise. This works really well, and it makes me excited to see the show again! I always loved The Country Bears, but my husband didn’t have the same nostalgia attached, and I had to drag him in. I can see him loving this, and our daughter will like recognizing some of the songs. Remember Me was a good choice for Al.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I saw the show with @IveBeenJack, and we both genuinely enjoyed it! The finale is the only part that landed short for me, personally. I was waiting for the big "wow" moment in the finale, and it never happened, in my opinion. The props in the lobby are gorgeous, there's new announcements from the bears before the show starts, and the show as a whole is so fun. The animatronics are so smooth and I hope everyone goes into it with an open mind.

Brer Oswald

So is Disney softening on Zip? I thought it couldn't be anywhere, even a storyboard. Unless that Storyboard was going to be trashed anyway???...

How many Years have we had problems with Zip?
I highly doubt everyone in the company is in agreement with the decision. Most people love the song. It’s gotta be a select few in higher positions that have ultimate veto power.

Given the other radically insensitive songs they still play at the parks (Following the Leader, Ballad of Davy Crockett, straight up minstrel era songs in Frontierland and some in the TBA queue loop) it’s weird that they are so hard on this song that is just about sunshines and pretty days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom