News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Moth

I can guess why someone wanted it to be cut. Almost certainly would not have looked good for Disney to put the song in there and keep the film out of reach...
It's the film and the fact they've been basically erasing the song from everywhere it was before for the last 4-5 years. They'd wanna be consistent so I doubt they'd put it here after erasing it from park loops and parades.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
My thoughts while watching:

• New Henry will definetly take a little time to get used too. Not bad, but Ranaday had a joy to him that can’t be matched.
  • Voice wise I’m super glad they tried to match the old actors.
  • The animatronics look incredible.
  • Country Bear Musical Jamboree song feels straight out of one of the overlays, in a good way.
  • Surprised Trixie wasn’t in the show that much with how much they were hyping her up during the promos.
  • Glad the banter with the heads is back.
  • The heart lights during Kiss the Girl is a nice little touch
  • I appreciate the “Mineral spring” reference. That's how you work a little nod to the past in.
  • Wendell’s vocals for Whole New World works. He’s got that kind of dorky-lover voice.
  • Shaker’s number turned out better than expected, same with Friend in Me. FiM works better with the faster tempo.
  • Glad the eyebrow/drum beat returned after Shaker’s song.
  • “Henry, get the hook! Get a bear trap!” made me laugh.
  • Backstories they just put out for the Bears seemed to be mostly skipped over, much like the TBA critters.
Overall grade – B. Is it better than the old? Nah. Is it a fun replacement? Yes. Definetly has more soul and understanding of what made it's predecessor great than the last classic they replaced a few feet away.

Last edited:

Comped

It's the film and the fact they've been basically erasing the song from everywhere it was before for the last 4-5 years. They'd wanna be consistent so I doubt they'd put it here after erasing it from park loops and parades.
Yep, and if they put it in this one there would be massive questions about why they decided to erase the song until a bunch of bears decided to sing it, while keeping the film locked up tighter than The North Avenue Irregulars...

Surferboy567

Just watched the entire show, and that actually works pretty well. The bears all keep their charm and while some IP songs are a little weird they aren’t straight rips from the movie. AA’s while not as sophisticated as Tiana’s are also pretty good here. The bears aren’t going anywhere thanks to this update. I might dare even to say this show may be an improvement over the one we had before. I miss “Blood on the Saddle“ but the comedic bit they added works pretty well.

….never thought you could turn “Kiss the Girl” into an Elvis song but that worked really well.

Surferboy567

Saw a few clips but I'm avoiding watching anything with the audio on so I can reserve my judgement until I see it in person on Saturday. How'd they do with the VA's? Do they sound like they match the originals, or are they more akin to the Vacation Jamboree/ Christmas show? Or, are they just completely new takes on the voices entirely?
I’d say it’s a mix of both. They definitely nailed Big Al’s voice while Henry sounds different (obviously) they all retained their identity and charm though IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom