News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

BasiltheBatLord

Very true. It’s also something many have to decide about the parks / company in general.

I find the constant negativity draining, and it makes it hard to enjoy the community in general.
I agree that there is too much negativity online. I went to WDW for the first time in 10 years in January and had a great time, I found the parks to be in much better shape than the doom prophesizing here had me thinking.

But at the same time, it's also true that pretty much every change they have made to the parks the past couple years have been worse than what was there before. In some cases even destroying classic attractions.

Sneaky

I agree that there is too much negativity online. I went to WDW for the first time in 10 years in January and had a great time, I found the parks to be in much better shape than the doom prophesizing here had me thinking.

But at the same time, it's also true that pretty much every change they have made to the parks the past couple years have been worse than what was there before. In some cases even destroying classic attractions.
Two things can be true. WDW still has magic, but its new attractions are hit and miss

Castle Cake Apologist

What's with the wildly sloppy paint job on Teddi's feet? Eef.

1000001966.jpg

For comparison from before:

1000001968.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't know, I think that design is kind of amusingly over-the-top in the spirit of Dolly Parton's old adage "it costs a lot of money to look this cheap." One of the things I like about the new character designs is that they seem to have understood that the original designs worked because they were humorous. I could see Trixie eliciting a bit of a chuckle just by appearing!

wdw-mk-country-bears-reintroduction-7-646x431.jpg

I think someone gen Z imagineer heard 'country' and thought that meant Nashville... and didn't even know what Appalachia was..

zipadee999

The chance is like 0.00000000000000000000001%……..but……….maybe Big Al interrupts the end of the show with a blurb of Blood on the Saddle like the old version?

Yes, I know it’s not happening, but I can dream lol
When the Blood on the Saddle rumor first began circulating, I always assumed that it would be played off as a joke and would be the reprise version when Big Al interrupts Henry when he’s singing with Sammy. He could do Bear Necessities or whatever IP mandate they have him singing, and then he pipes in later with a section of Blood on the Saddle and then Henry scolds him for not sticking to the setlist

James Alucobond

Should all future Disney movies only use existing Disney songs?
While I agree that there should be original music throughout the parks, I think the situation of the Country Bears is a bit different in that much of the draw was the bears performing familiar, pre-existing songs in a humorous medley. It's not in the same vein as removing A Pirate's Life for Me or Grim Grinning Ghosts; it's actually more akin to swapping Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom