News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Heck even if I don’t like it, making a big stink about it and being angry with it constantly isn’t going to change anything. Bears are gonna sing Disney songs now. Believe me, this was not on the top of my list of things I wanted to happen, and I wish the show could’ve been more original too. But what’s done is done, and moping about isn’t gonna help anyone. I’m just gonna accept my feelings of “aw man” and just move on.
Just adds to the many reasons that we don’t do many trips anymore. We have one planned in march 2025. Haven’t gone since 2021. Used to go every year. No intention of going back after next year. And I used to be a pixie duster around here.

JoeCamel

Just adds to the many reasons that we don’t do many trips anymore. We have one planned in march 2025. Haven’t gone since 2021. Used to go every year. No intention of going back after next year. And I used to be a pixie duster around here.
#ThanksBob

The Leader of the Club

I’m just glad these characters will be sticking around for the foreseeable future. This gives them a future. There have been many iterations of the Country Bears before, and this is just one of many. It may not be my favorite way this could have been done (I’d have sprung for more recognizable country songs or more obscure Disney tracks) but it’ll be a hit with families.

Sneakman

I find the constant negativity draining, and it makes it hard to enjoy the community in general.
YES. I get imagineering is In a tough spot but jeez, not everything is doom and gloom! I’m excited about test track and the nighttime parade, and Indy should be fun! No denying Disney needs VAST improvement on all fronts, but Not everything is awful.

In the Parks
No
Again, looking forward to the next show, when they bring back the original as a temporary overlay.

a958e4f9-82f7-48d7-aaf9-afe6b45127e5_text.gif

C33Mom

Temporary overlay. They could do it, especially with electric AAs.
I think there’s a real chance we see the Christmas show behind the MVMCP party paywall once they have trouble selling it out. I personally want the summer vacation version, as it’s what I grew up with at DLR.

We’re definitely going to go see it next month and I’m still firmly in the camp of “better IP than nothing”—but I’m disappointed with the rumored song selection. Even when I saw the vest on Ernest I was hoping against hope we’d get Step in Time instead of Supercalifragilistic. I grew up adoring The Little Mermaid but even I am not sure what “Kiss the Girl” is doing here— its not as good as Under the Sea and I cannot imagine making it country is going to improve it.

Brer Panther

So if Oscar is holding a Big Al plushie, does that mean Big Al has a licensing deal?
Rumored song list just posted on Mickeyviews website
  • New Original Song Co-Written By Henry – Country Bear Musical Jamboree
  • “Kiss the Girl” – Disney’s The Little Mermaid
  • “A Whole New World” – Aladdin
  • “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” – Toy Story
  • “Try Everything” – Zootopia
  • “Remember Me” – Coco
  • “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” – Mary Poppins
  • “The Bear Necessities” – The Jungle Book
  • “Come Again (Come On In)” – Country Bears
Honestly shocked there's no Frozen, Encanto, or Moana songs.
Kiss the Girl is “problematic” as well.
They'll probably use the new "non-problematic" lyrics from the remake.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
The redressed bears look pretty good. Though I do think both Romeo McGrowl and Trixie are lost in too much bling and costuming.

Last edited:

haveyoumetmark

Very true. It’s also something many have to decide about the parks / company in general.

I find the constant negativity draining, and it makes it hard to enjoy the community in general.
So true. The misery is a bit much. So far, it looks like a tasteful update, especially with the modern costumes and animatronic skins. I don't disagree the song choices are a bit odd, but everyone is judging it without context. If Kiss the Girl did indeed make the show, it probably fits whatever new story the show is trying to tell. I don't feel strongly about the song one way or another, but I know at least a couple people who love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom