News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Figments Friend

I am hearing mixed reviews of the new show as well.
But to be fair, I think this is to be expected since we are dealing with a ‘legacy show’ that had a strong following.

Interested to see how folks are going to react to the new show.

Couple more days to go…hold on to yer hats!

🎩

-

C33Mom

I am hearing mixed reviews of the new show as well.
But to be fair, I think this is to be expected since we are dealing with a ‘legacy show’ that had a strong following.

Interested to see how folks are going to react to the new show.

Couple more days to go…hold on to yer hats!

🎩

-
As long as the reception is positive enough that they don’t tear down the entire attraction, we can always get a revival (or at least some classic songs added back) later when the company decides it needs a cheap gimmick to get people back to the parks.

Consumer

My only hope for this refurb is that they give Gomer a new coat of fur. The goatee look he received for the 2012 update was just horrific.
1720410282397.png
1720410300425.png

zipadee999

What on earth could the “surprise” be that Martin keeps talking about that will make us happy? It’s all Disney songs except for “come again”, blood on the saddle is gone, the Disney songs are all repeat ones, and imo if Pete reneday was coming back, they’d have done promo with him to promote “heritage” and stuff. What could possibly be here that could please us all of us and could be unexpected? I’m not saying it’ll be a bad show, it’s just I don’t understand what it could even be? I’m not trying to call Martin a liar either, I have zero beef with him, he’s a cool dude and i respect him, just I don’t know what he could mean.
All we know about the surprise is that it’s a ‘surprising inclusion’ which leads me to believe that it is something with some taste and flavor that hasn’t been watered down by the ‘bland and boring offend nobody’ approach that modern Disney tends to take. Come Again is a very ‘safe’ song with no potential controversy, as is Bear Band Serenade. I was banking on Blood on the Saddle is it would indeed be a ‘surprising inclusion’ that would make many fans happy, but now I have no idea what it could possibly be. None of the other ‘edgy’ songs would be iconic enough to return without feeling out of place. All we can do now is thank the insiders who have been trying to give us tidbits and wait until Wednesday!

Moth

Is this a last minute change or has the saddle been cleaned off since this refurb began? Really bummed, I was blindly confident
I had people saying "ooh it's gonna be there" and "ooh it's gone" for awhile, while it does play into the effects that this is a fickle multibillion organization, it does help me know who to take more seriously when I hear from them.

This isn't gonna be a 'Under New Management' situation, I think it's gonna be a more honest and faithful show than that, but this forum is gonna be divisive over it.

Sneaky

I had people saying "ooh it's gonna be there" and "ooh it's gone" for awhile, while it does play into the effects that this is a fickle multibillion organization, it does help me know who to take more seriously when I hear from them.

This isn't gonna be a 'Under New Management' situation, I think it's gonna be a more honest and faithful show than that, but this forum is gonna be divisive over it.
I’m glad that it’ll at least be more faithful to it. Even if it’s not my favorite, the fact that future generations will enjoy the country bears at all I feel is a massive victory even in itself. Although it’s hard with my love of the current show, I’m gonna have to keep an open mind for this. I’m sure it won’t be that bad.

Moth

I’m glad that it’ll at least be more faithful to it. Even if it’s not my favorite, the fact that future generations will enjoy the country bears at all I feel is a massive victory even in itself. Although it’s hard with my love of the current show, I’m gonna have to keep an open mind for this. I’m sure it won’t be that bad.
I'd rather have these lovable oafs sing Disney songs and stay around than have one be a bear rug in the queue for Woody's Roundup Sing-Along Adventure.

Sneaky

I'd rather have these lovable oafs sing Disney songs and stay around than have one be a bear rug in the queue for Woody's Roundup Sing-Along Adventure.
I’ve never been more happy a rumor was wrong my entire life, though I am not sure if it was ever true in the first place.

Sneaky

I guarantee it was spitballed to replace them with something like that, but I doubt it had any real backing.

The real concern should be the Tiki Room, especially with the rumored "no religious imagery" mandate...
Tough spot,because they can’t just “get rid” of the birds, especially at DL, but tiki is legit in the attractions name. Also Moana is going behind pirates so they can’t do something there at wdw. I guess maybe stitch but even then that show relies on the “tiki gods” for a part of the story. So idk. Maybe turn the tiki faces into rock pile columns that have faces appear When the eyes open, so they “come to life” like the birds and flowers?

Sneaky

Here are all the images from the article. There are some drastic design changes for some of them. This is going to be a very different feeling show. A lot of the costume and design changes are going to take some getting used to. I get henry at least, he kinda looked like Freddy fazbear in his original design.

Attachments

• IMG_2743.jpeg
    IMG_2743.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2745.jpeg
    IMG_2745.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2746.jpeg
    IMG_2746.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2748.jpeg
    IMG_2748.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2749.jpeg
    IMG_2749.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2750.jpeg
    IMG_2750.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_2751.jpeg
    IMG_2751.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2752.jpeg
    IMG_2752.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 109

Sneaky

Finally, Gomer and Al. Gomer looks somewhat similar, while Big al somehow looks even More drunk, I think he even has a slight stubble now. I like that the article includes the very obscure backstories for all the bears from that one book. These imagineers know their stuff ig

Attachments

• IMG_2753.jpeg
    IMG_2753.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 111

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom