News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Sneaky

Damn it, now I kidna want fozzie bear in the cbj, or staler and Waldorf heckling the bears. The muppets really make everything better.
“Poor little Buford, is there any worse punishment than getting whupped like that?”
“Yeah, watching this show! DOHOHOHOHO”

Attachments

• IMG_2756.jpeg
    IMG_2756.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 31

Moth

Damn it, now I kidna want fozzie bear in the cbj, or staler and Waldorf heckling the bears. The muppets really make everything better.
My pet idea are the bears showcasing a spot light on "bears around the world"

Baloo shows up, sings Bear Necessities.

Fozzie shows up, sings Movin' Right Along.

Pooh shows up, some banter how he shoved them out in Cali, and then they sing Blustery Day.

And the big surprise to make a niche crowd extremely happy? Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House shows up. Crowd erupts.

This would be a REALLY cute idea if done right but I'm happy we have the Bears in general ^^

Sneaky

My pet idea are the bears showcasing a spot light on "bears around the world"

Baloo shows up, sings Bear Necessities.

Fozzie shows up, sings Movin' Right Along.

Pooh shows up, some banter how he shoved them out in Cali, and then they sing Blustery Day.

And the big surprise to make a niche crowd extremely happy? Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House shows up. Crowd erupts.

This would be a REALLY cute idea if done right but I'm happy we have the Bears in general ^^
I can picture it now: in the future, taking my children to this funny, charming show with bears and Disney songs. I turn to my children , and say to them: “Yknow they used to sing about beating children in this show?” My children look at me like I’m a psychopath.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I obviously wasn't paying attention too closely to this thread as I had no idea they were going to be singing classic Disney songs. Good grief how lame. How unnecessary. I honestly would rather they close this attraction down completely that do this absolute garbage.

Moth

Moana, Turning Red, Coco, and Encanto all have religious imagery as a central part of the story.
See I was thinking about Moana especially when I heard about that being the reason a certain villain missed out on being in a certain ride at WDW.

I wouldn't say "they're going to turn the tiki birds into kids meal turkey legs", but I wouldn't be shocked if they put Stitch in there with a reworked story.

Country Bear Jamboree: Under New Management
It's not that bad. This embraces the Country Bears rather than dwelling on how "boring" the old show was like Under New Management did.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
See I was thinking about Moana especially when I heard about that being the reason a certain villain missed out on being in a certain ride at WDW.

I wouldn't say "they're going to turn the tiki birds into kids meal turkey legs", but I wouldn't be shocked if they put Stitch in there with a reworked story.

That's an idea not taken, you know Stich has 6 limbs that all could be "turkey" legs... a bit of blue dye and voila!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's not that bad. This embraces the Country Bears rather than dwelling on how "boring" the old show was like Under New Management did.

You're probably right but personally, "Ernest the Dude", some of the overly-contrived backgrounds, and some of the songs chosen are giving me cause for concern.

Sneaky

idk I hope it doesn’t happen but I’m not surprised. I think if tiki room changes, it’s at wdw first, and if people dislike it, they tweak it for DL, because tiki room is scared ground there.
Under new management for me jumps the shark the MOMENT in the still of the night starts. I think the first half with iago and uh-oa isn’t as bad as people say they are, just was written for a different time. The rap, in the still of the night, get on your feet? That’s bad. Conga makes me extremely sad because it’s most of the original actors and by the time it was recorded none of them can sing in the voices anymore and they just do talking and it falls flat, and also as a parks fan just makes me depressed. The “hall of presidents” joke was funny though

Bocabear

I guarantee it was spitballed to replace them with something like that, but I doubt it had any real backing.

The real concern should be the Tiki Room, especially with the rumored "no religious imagery" mandate...
The Enchanted Tiki R0om doesn't represent any real world religion...but a fictionalized version of something long gone...so I don't think it really applies as a "religion" perse...WOuld Indiana Jones also be on the chopping block? Cinderella had a Fairy Godmother....could that be construed as religious Godess imagery?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom