Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

Florida_is_hot

It is not going to happened get over it.

Anti-Disney traditionalists have been say for years the same thing and frankly I find it boring.

1) The country bears will fail (should have modern music even thought it Frontierland)
Yet every season i go it people are enjoying the show. Maybe change the name of "Frontierland" to "The Hood"

2) Country music is dead, hate to tell you Country Music is alive and well.

My only question is when will it open again?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It is not going to happened get over it.

Anti-Disney traditionalists have been say for years the same thing and frankly I find it boring.

1) The country bears will fail (should have modern music even thought it Frontierland)
Yet every season i go it people are enjoying the show. Maybe change the name of "Frontierland" to "The Hood"

2) Country music is dead, hate to tell you Country Music is alive and well.

My only question is when will it open again?

Oct 18, 2012.

Clever Name

It was so good..they reverted Tiki Room back to the old show. I agree, it needs updating, but shallow treatment of the attraction, like they did with Tiki and many other rides, makes it lose it's timelessness. The best thing Disney could do for it, I think, is encourage audience participation. Currently, there isn't much.

I've done this is a social experiment at that show...sit through it, or start clapping, wolf whistling and generally embarrassing the heck out of my kid, who probably thinks I've lost my mind. It's vastly different. It's quite interesting how enthusiasm is contagious. By the end of shows where I hammed it up from the back row, encouragement to clap, or dance, caught on through the whole audience. If Disney planted a plain clothes CM to do this every show, I highly suspect audience participation and satisfaction would improve.

There is a psychology to entertainment that has nothing to do with tossing out the neatest or coolest or trendiest thing. In fact, the simple fact that you enjoyed it when it is media that you do not normally consume *becomes* part of what makes it so memorable.
Fellow guests who think they are part of the entertainment are generally not appreciated or well received.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
At least it was better than the old show. No it wasn't By the same token, CBJ needs an upgrade as well with new music and routines. Only in your opinion It would save the show for future generations. As it stands now, if they just do a minor refurbishment, the show will continue to play to near empty seats It has been shown over and over that this is just your perception...the show plays to full houses most of the time.(except during the busy season when people use CBJ to escape the heat). I understand that die hard fans don't want to see any significant changes but if the show continues in it current form, it will follow Mr. Toad and a bear figure will be erected in the HM pet cemetery. I'd rather see the bears live on with a whole new show!

Please start your own thread about Hip Hop and quit derailing this thread.

Clever Name

Country music is dead, hate to tell you Country Music is alive and well.
CBj would be fine if it continued with country music. Hip-hop, rap and country music have a great deal in common. They could use hick-hop in part of the show. Line dancing and breakdancing are similar as well. There is no need to say goodbye to country music.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Fellow guests who think they are part of the entertainment are generally not appreciated or well received.

Incorrect. Guests who are trying to *steal* the show are not well received. Guests who are enjoying themselves at a county ho down / vaudeville act are not.

This is Entertainment 101, and Disney uses the "break the fourth wall" tactic to encourage audience participation often. Monsters, Inc., Hoop de Hoo, Spirit of Aloha...the list goes on. The show is dramatically improved when one person breaks the ice so others, for a moment, are willing to participate in it.

Clever Name

Incorrect. Guests who are trying to *steal* the show are not well received. Guests who are enjoying themselves at a county ho down / vaudeville act are not.

This is Entertainment 101, and Disney uses the "break the fourth wall" tactic to encourage audience participation often. Monsters, Inc., Hoop de Hoo, Spirit of Aloha...the list goes on. The show is dramatically improved when one person breaks the ice so others, for a moment, are willing to participate in it.
I notice that you didn't mention Disney using CBJ or Tiki Room as examples.

Walt Disney1955

Glad to hear that they just seem to be updating the AAs and not changing the show around. The songs are contagious and the characters are lovable too. Look at what happened when likely a less popular show like the Tiki Birds got changed around. No one liked it that way.

I think the people that think it needs a major overhaul get amnesia as to where they actually are in the MK. They are in Frontierland. Nothing keeps with the theming better than CBJ. I was in Disneyland earlier this month and stopped in on the Golden Horseshoe show. I hadn't seen the one in WDW for a long, long time. I liked the one in Disneyland because for a brief time you are transported back to a different era. Kind of like when you walk through New Orleans Square and see the women dressed in Pirate outfits dancing to sea chanty songs. I mean, the entire point of these themes is NOT updating the music. That is the whole point.

The Duck

It was so good..they reverted Tiki Room back to the old show. I agree, it needs updating, but shallow treatment of the attraction, like they did with Tiki and many other rides, makes it lose it's timelessness. The best thing Disney could do for it, I think, is encourage audience participation. Currently, there isn't much.

I've done this is a social experiment at that show...sit through it, or start clapping, wolf whistling and generally embarrassing the heck out of my kid, who probably thinks I've lost my mind. It's vastly different. It's quite interesting how enthusiasm is contagious. By the end of shows where I hammed it up from the back row, encouragement to clap, or dance, caught on through the whole audience. If Disney planted a plain clothes CM to do this every show, I highly suspect audience participation and satisfaction would improve.

There is a psychology to entertainment that has nothing to do with tossing out the neatest or coolest or trendiest thing. In fact, the simple fact that you enjoyed it when it is media that you do not normally consume *becomes* part of what makes it so memorable.
This is exactly why most TV sit-com's have used live studio audiences or laugh tracks. When people hear others laugh, applaud etc., it's much easier for them to join in.

CBj would be fine if it continued with country music. Hip-hop, rap and country music have a great deal in common. They could use hick-hop in part of the show. Line dancing and breakdancing are similar as well. There is no need to say goodbye to country music.

Why is it so hard for everyone to see that "Clever Name" is just trolling you (in a pretty obvious and adolescent manner btw). I reported it, along with voicing my dissappointment that it has been allowed to continue on this site. I don't mind a little fun.....this is a WDW site for goodness sakes, but this mess is just tiresome.....sort of like being forced to watch a "Jackass" movie.

Axle1986

Why is it so hard for everyone to see that "Clever Name" is just trolling you (in a pretty obvious and adolescent manner btw). I reported it, along with voicing my dissappointment that it has been allowed to continue on this site. I don't mind a little fun.....this is a WDW site for goodness sakes, but this mess is just tiresome.....sort of like being forced to watch a "Jackass" movie.

I blocked Clever Name a month ago when he got too much. I just want to know why he hasn't been banned yet mods when he is obviously stirring and making threads so off topic? Mods??

prberk

I know that this has been posted before (and I thought by General Grizz a/k/a "Grizzly Hall"), but I cannot find it. Does anyone have the complete list of songs and voice artists for the original CBJ show?

And, for extra credit, how about the same thing for the "Vacation Hoedown" and the Christmas show?

ellie-badge

I don't know if anybody's pointed this out yet (I have to leave for class soon, and I don't have time to skim thrugh three pages of posts) ... but Gangnam Style is NOT hip hop. It's K-Pop, otherwise known as Korean Pop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom