Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

Weather_Lady

Assuming that all goes according to schedule and that CBJ reopens on October 18th (the last day of my family's WDW vacation), I'll be sure to check it out and post a report!

spectrodanny

First Lil Buford now THIS?? before you know it:

Buff (Whistles) Hey Henry What's holding you up we can't hang around here all day
Max: Now Buff, be patient. takes a little doing to set these things up
Melvin: yeah we ain't going anywhere anyhow uh we're kinda hung up here (laugh)
Henry (Stage 5) Ok ok booys take it easy take it easy now we're ready to start. What do you say Sammy
Sammy: I say y'all come back, ya hear?

Clever Name

Now you are just posting to people off.
Hardly. WDW gets a tremendous influx of international visitors and I think the MK could be more global in its theme. South Korea has been a long time friend of the USA and I think recognizing thier cultural hip hop is step in the right direction.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hardly. WDW gets a tremendous influx of international visitors and I think the MK could be more global in its theme. South Korea has been a long time friend of the USA and I think recognizing thier cultural hip hop is step in the right direction.
If Korean's wanted Korean music they would stay at home. They don't come to Disney to experience there own culture.

Clever Name

If Korean's wanted Korean music they would stay at home. They don't come to Disney to experience there own culture.
I find it interesting that in the World Showcase at EPCOT, I often see a high percentage of international guests that tend to swarm around their respective pavilion. I have never really understood why that is the case but I have always found it to be rather curious. I suppose if I were in another country and they had a pavilion for the USA, I would look in to see how my country was being portrayed. I would be curious to see if the USA was being represented by movie stars and other such common international exports.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I find it interesting that in the World Showcase at EPCOT, I often see a high percentage of international guests that tend to swarm around their respective pavilion. I have never really understood why that is the case but I have always found it to be rather curious. I suppose if I were in another country and they had a pavilion for the USA, I would look in to see how my country was being portrayed. I would be curious to see if the USA was being represented by movie stars and other such common international exports.
I don't find to be the case at all. I think they just stick out more because you are looking for them....there are French people at Germany...you just aren't looking for them. Do you stick around the American Pavilion? No but I bet the French notice you there.

bgraham34

So yesterday I was in the candy shop next to Country Bears and a lady walks in asking about the Bears. The castmember said yes unfortunately they are closed. The woman starts screaming and saying this is the only reason I came to Disney and how dare they close the attraction and stormed out. The castmember then said to me can you imagine how mad she would be in the whole Magic Kingdom was closed.

dreamscometrue

So yesterday I was in the candy shop next to Country Bears and a lady walks in asking about the Bears. The castmember said yes unfortunately they are closed. The woman starts screaming and saying this is the only reason I came to Disney and how dare they close the attraction and stormed out. The castmember then said to me can you imagine how mad she would be in the whole Magic Kingdom was closed.

This illustrates the pressure on TDO to balance refurbishing attractions and keeping them open. Those of us who are fans of working attractions, and who can go relatively frequently (one or twice per year in my case), have no problem with refurbs. I would suggest that many, if mot the majority of guests, get upset when attractions are down. When we were there in March, I over heard several people complaining in MK, and on the bus, about BTMRR being down. Two families were really quite angry and said they were going to complain to when they got to their resort. In this respect, TDO can't win. Keep an attraction open that really needs a refurb (ie: Splash) and people like us complain. Close and attraction for refurb, and people complain.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Of course you do. You mention it (hip hop) in every thread. Of course, it has nothing to do with those discussions at hand.....

Clever Name

I don't find to be the case at all. I think they just stick out more because you are looking for them....there are French people at Germany...you just aren't looking for them. Do you stick around the American Pavilion? No but I bet the French notice you there.
That's a valid observation.

Of course you do. You mention it (hip hop) in every thread. Of course, it has nothing to do with those discussions at hand.....
Your assessment has no merit because it is based upon your exaggerated perception rather than the facts of the matter. It would help you to be more open to the input and ideas of other people. The Wright brothers would have given up had they been so dismissive of new ideas.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Your assessment has no merit because it is based upon your exaggerated perception rather than the facts of the matter. It would help you to be more open to the input and ideas of other people. The Wright brothers would have given up had they been so dismissive of new ideas.

Right, because the Wright Brothers would have been distracted at every turn by a discussion of differing musical types, and their world standings.....

Cosmic Commando

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So...wait...let me get this straight.

US invents hip hop. US exports hip hop. Local bands/artists start emulating the sound. Now, it's "cultural"?

Frankly, I can't tell much difference between Skrillex or Gungam. But, when it comes to "culture", I doubt Gungam is the epiphony of Korean Culture, just like I'd hope that the world doesn't assume that US culture is Soulja Boi.

Mind you, it's a fun song. Just leave it at that. It's not a "statement of culture" however.

That being said...I'm sure much of the world thinks that, as "culture" is our primary export.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Actually, going back to OP for a moment, I hope they are replacing the compressor based show with servos.

If you've ever had to maintain a cylinder air pressured show, it's a mess. Every year I go I'm amazed at how poorly it's kept up, so I'm glad it's getting some TLC. Best move for them though would be to drop a few hundred thousand and replace it all with servos.

Clever Name

So...wait...let me get this straight.

US invents hip hop. US exports hip hop. Local bands/artists start emulating the sound. Now, it's "cultural"?

Indeed it is a cross cultural tradition that traces its roots back to ancient Africa and the Far East as well. We discussed this aspect earlier in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom