Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

J.E.Smith

I know that this has been posted before (and I thought by General Grizz a/k/a "Grizzly Hall"), but I cannot find it. Does anyone have the complete list of songs and voice artists for the original CBJ show?

And, for extra credit, how about the same thing for the "Vacation Hoedown" and the Christmas show?

Henry and Max-Peter Renaday
Big Al-Tex Ritter
Buff-Thurl Ravenscroft
Melvin-Bill Lee
Wendell and Sammy-Bill Coe
Teddi Barra-Jean Shepard
Liver Lips, Terrence and Ernest (1971-1975)-Van Stoneman
Zeke-Dal McKennon (1971-1975)
Zeke and Ernest (1975-present)-Randy Sparks
Tennessee and Zeb-Stoneman family members
Trixie-Cheryl Poole
Bunny-Jackie Ward
Bubbles-Loulie Jean Norman
Beulah-Peggy Clark

Songs:
  • "Pianjo" (Don Robertson) - Gomer and Henry
  • "Bear Band Serenade" (Lyrics: Xavier Atencio, Music: George Bruns) - The Five Bear Rugs, Gomer, and Henry
  • "Fractured Folk Song" (Kenneth C. Burns & Henry D. Haynes) - Henry and Wendell
  • "My Woman Ain't Pretty (But She Don't Sware None)" (Frankie Starr & Paul E. Miller) - Liver Lips McGrowl
  • "Mama, Don't Whip Little Buford" (Burns & Haynes) - Henry and Wendell
  • "Tears Will Be the Chaser For Your Wine" (Dale Davis & Leroy Goates) - Trixie
  • "Devilish Mary" (Bradley Kincaid) - The Five Bear Rugs
  • "How Long Will My Baby Be Gone" (Buck Owens) - Terrence
  • "All the Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down" (Plot & Powell) - The Sun Bonnet Trio
  • "If Ya Can't Bite, Don't Growl" (Tommy Collins) - Ernest and the Five Bear Rugs
  • "Heart, We Did All We Could" (Ned Miller) - Teddi Barra
  • "Blood on the Saddle" (Everett Cheetham) - Big Al
  • "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" (Tom Blackburn and George Bruns) - Henry and Sammy
  • "Ole Slew Foot" (Howard Hausey) - Cast (minus Ernest and Trixie, who do not appear onstage, and Big Al, who reprises "Blood on the Saddle")
  • "Come Again" (Tom Adair & George Bruns) - Henry, Sammy, Max, Buff, and Melvin

Christmas/Vacation Cast:

Henry-Peter Renaday
Sammy-Bob Gardner
Buff-Thurl Ravenscroft
Max-Mike West
Melvin, Randy, and Rufus-Frank Welker
Wendell and Liver Lips-Dave Durham
Zeke and Terrence-Harry Middlebrooks
Tennessee-Lee Dresser
Zeb-Curt Wlison(Speaking), Rod Burton (Singing)
Ernest-Mike Weston
Trixie-Suzanne Sherwin
Teddi-Genia Fuller
Bunny-Dianne Michelle
Bubbles-Lori Johnson
Beulah-Holaday Mason
Big Al-Peter Klimes

ellie-badge

Don't get him started...please! Next thing you know we will be told that K-pop has it's roots in African culture also.

Gah, sorry! I wasn't really thinking at the time I wrote that, haha. Gangnam Style's genre isn't really relevant to the thread's topic anyway, so I apologize.

So... yeah, how 'bout dem thar bears?

prberk

Henry and Max-Peter Renaday
Big Al-Tex Ritter
Buff-Thurl Ravenscroft
Melvin-Bill Lee
Wendell and Sammy-Bill Coe
Teddi Barra-Jean Shepard
Liver Lips, Terrence and Ernest (1971-1975)-Van Stoneman
Zeke-Dal McKennon (1971-1975)
Zeke and Ernest (1975-present)-Randy Sparks
Tennessee and Zeb-Stoneman family members
Trixie-Cheryl Poole
Bunny-Jackie Ward
Bubbles-Loulie Jean Norman
Beulah-Peggy Clark

Songs:
  • "Pianjo" (Don Robertson) - Gomer and Henry
  • "Bear Band Serenade" (Lyrics: Xavier Atencio, Music: George Bruns) - The Five Bear Rugs, Gomer, and Henry
  • "Fractured Folk Song" (Kenneth C. Burns & Henry D. Haynes) - Henry and Wendell
  • "My Woman Ain't Pretty (But She Don't Sware None)" (Frankie Starr & Paul E. Miller) - Liver Lips McGrowl
  • "Mama, Don't Whip Little Buford" (Burns & Haynes) - Henry and Wendell
  • "Tears Will Be the Chaser For Your Wine" (Dale Davis & Leroy Goates) - Trixie
  • "Devilish Mary" (Bradley Kincaid) - The Five Bear Rugs
  • "How Long Will My Baby Be Gone" (Buck Owens) - Terrence
  • "All the Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down" (Plot & Powell) - The Sun Bonnet Trio
  • "If Ya Can't Bite, Don't Growl" (Tommy Collins) - Ernest and the Five Bear Rugs
  • "Heart, We Did All We Could" (Ned Miller) - Teddi Barra
  • "Blood on the Saddle" (Everett Cheetham) - Big Al
  • "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" (Tom Blackburn and George Bruns) - Henry and Sammy
  • "Ole Slew Foot" (Howard Hausey) - Cast (minus Ernest and Trixie, who do not appear onstage, and Big Al, who reprises "Blood on the Saddle")
  • "Come Again" (Tom Adair & George Bruns) - Henry, Sammy, Max, Buff, and Melvin

Thanks. Awesome.

By the way, are you sure that it is Jean Shepard who voices Teddi Barra. I know that she performed the song, "Heart, We Did All That We Could," on a single, but I am not sure that that is her doing it as Teddi Barra.

She is on the Grand Ole Opry still today, and I have heard her many times. Years have gone by of course, but I just wondered if you knew for sure that was her voice.

Paul

The Duck

Thanks. Awesome.

By the way, are you sure that it is Jean Shepard who voices Teddi Barra. I know that she performed the song, "Heart, We Did All That We Could," on a single, but I am not sure that that is her doing it as Teddi Barra.

She is on the Grand Ole Opry still today, and I have heard her many times. Years have gone by of course, but I just wondered if you knew for sure that was her voice.

Paul
I remember reading somewhere that it was Patsy Stoneman singing as Teddi Barra.

J.E.Smith

I'm kind of confused on who it was voiced Teddi. Early cast lists mentioned that Shepard did Teddi, but I think General Grizz told me once it was someone from the Stonemans.

prberk

Hmm. I will have to ask Eddie Stubbs at WSM. He is a preeminent scholar on classic country music, as well as an announcer at the Grand Ole Opry, and thus knows Shepard. He answers e-mails at the station. I will see if he knows this one. He knows the Stoneman music, too. They used to play all around this part of the country. In the meantime, if anyone is still in actual contact with Griz, maybe he can tell us.

prberk

Looks like some internet sources (reliable as they are) say that Patsy Stoneman sang this song on CBJ, although it was a hit for Jean Shepard.

I noticed that the official soundrack to CBJ on iTunes only lists everyone together, since the whole show is one track, and it only lists "a Stoneman family member" among the contributors (of the ones we mentioned).

It also spells Pete's last name as Renoudet instead of the way we see it spelled here (which I have seen many times in this forum that way). Wonder if we have an Americanized version? Didn't he do other Disney voices?

Anyhow, sorry for getting off topice sort of. But I do enjoy this attraction and its attention to history.

J.E.Smith

Looks like some internet sources (reliable as they are) say that Patsy Stoneman sang this song on CBJ, althoujgh ti was a hit for Jean Shepard.

I noticed that hte official soundrack to CBJ on iTunes only lists everyone together, isnce the whole show is one track, and it only lists "a Stoneman family member" among the contributors (of the ones we mentioned).

It also spells Pete's last name as Renoudet instead of the way we see it spelled here (which I have seen many times in theis forum that way). Wonder if we have an Americanized version? Didn't he do other Disney voices?

Anyhow, sorry for getting off topice sort of. But I do enjoy this attraction and its attention to history.

Well actually I sort of started the "Patsy Stoneman" was Teddi thing. After Grizz told me that Teddi was voiced by a Stoneman member, I looked up the Stoneman family and noticed Patsy's name and added it to Wikipedia. However, I later learned that there were two girls in the Stoneman family, Patsy and Ronni. So Teddi could have been voiced by either of them.

As for Pete's last name, both are correct. Back when Pete did CBJ his last name was spelled "Renoudet", but later in the 70s he officially changed the spelling to "Renaday"(Which is how Renoudet is pronounced) because people kept misspelling it.

pumpkin7

3 observations on the bears.

1) You never hear 'OMG THE CBJ IS BROKEN AGAIN! The Sun Bonnets never came up from the ground, Swinging Teddi Barra doesn't swing anymore!' etc. It seems it gets more love than many of the attractions. Perhaps it's because it's so old! Who knows, but still.
2) It amazes me every time I watch the show that Trixie never spills her drink! Plus she always has a drink!
3) Actually, a third. All this non - PC stuff going around about Blood on the Saddle being inappropriate and Mama Don't Whoop Little Beuford, yet no one has said anything about the whistling at Teddi Barra and how Henry says he's going to find a ladder and be right up, and Buff and Max taunting Trixie on her weight. I would have thought stuff like that would be worse than the songs to be honest. Obviously not!

And an opinion:
I love the Bears. I hope they don't change too much. Not long to go now!

Oh and I saw this the other week, sorry if it's already been posted but it's an interview with some Disney Voice Actors, including Pete Renoudet.

http://d23.disney.go.com/armchair-archivist/d23-presents-armchair-archivist-disney-voice-actors/

pumpkin7

Only 2 days to go!
Can't wait to see what they've done, as long as they haven't butchered the show. I know it now almost word for word so I can be 'that person' in the back getting everyone excited! Ha.

The Empress Lilly

Only 2 days to go!
Can't wait to see what they've done, as long as they haven't butchered the show. I know it now almost word for word so I can be 'that person' in the back getting everyone excited! Ha.
Ooow...please don't be that person! :oops:

Or I can be that person in the front who walks out because fellow audience members think that not the show but they are the entertainment.

But please do report back here with your observations about the CBJ. Let us know!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom