Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

Tom

Beta Return
Really....a thread about the CBJ refurb, and people are still discussing hip hop music? Can we just close this thread already, since it's been completely derailed?

EpcoTim

Clever Name said:
Hip-Hop is the international music of the 21st century.​

CBJ would be great if it went "Gangnam Style".

Although Disney did find a wealth of supporters in the 90s for its propsed "Hammertime" overlay of Jungle Cruise, its probably best in the long-term that that one didn't see the light of day either. Although I still weep over what they could have done had they gone through with the plans for the Macarena overlay of It's a Small World.

Jo DeVil

I must agree with her, I must missing something as so many love it but I find them creepy as well as sucking!! I tried to watch last visit but DS6 at the time, wasn't interested he just wanted to get back on one of the mountains.
Sorry TTFN Jo

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think the show would be vastly improved if it had a planted CM to lead the crowd. Every trip I'm "that guy" who is wolf whistling and clapping along. I find if I don't do this, the audience stays flat through the show, and that's no fun. The whole idea is to ham it up!

RSoxNo1

So...wait...let me get this straight.

US invents hip hop. US exports hip hop. Local bands/artists start emulating the sound. Now, it's "cultural"?

Frankly, I can't tell much difference between Skrillex or Gungam. But, when it comes to "culture", I doubt Gungam is the epiphony of Korean Culture, just like I'd hope that the world doesn't assume that US culture is Soulja Boi.

Mind you, it's a fun song. Just leave it at that. It's not a "statement of culture" however.

That being said...I'm sure much of the world thinks that, as "culture" is our primary export.

J.E.Smith

Well I don't know if they made a thread about this, but the folks here at WDWMagic put together a nice multi-angle edit of the show. Glad someone did before they make changes if any:

That's the one thing that disappoints me about the possible changes. I've been wanting to go back to WDW for the past seven years to do a multi-angle edit like I did with the Christmas show back in 2006. Unfortunately, school and money issues have prevented me from doing so. If the show is changed, I don't know if I'll want to do it or not, especially since whoever shot the WDWMagic edit used a bunch of angles that I was planning to use anyway.

Fantasmic

I hope it's just a clean up and love for the CBJ and no major changes. I ADORE the CBJ it's so unique to the MK, and is retro-tastic. I love it. Love the music, love being entertained by bears!

Clever Name

No...you made these facts up and posted them as fact...there was no discussion.
Please feel free to discuss the issue. I welcome your insights on the origins of rap and hip-hop. African oral tradition is highly interesting and its interaction with music is, as Spock would say, fascinating.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Please feel free to discuss the issue. I welcome your insights on the origins of rap and hip-hop. African oral tradition is highly interesting and its interaction with music is, as Spock would say, fascinating.

You seem to miss the point that no one except you wants to discuss it. There's no place for it in the CBJ, and the subject is not relevant to this discussion. All of which I'm sure you're well aware of by now.

Clever Name

You seem to miss the point that no one except you wants to discuss it. There's no place for it in the CBJ, and the subject is not relevant to this discussion. All of which I'm sure you're well aware of by now.
I wouldn't have brought it up except to correct a factual error. Also, there could be a place for hip-hop in the CBJ if Disney decides to take an under new management approach in their refurbishment. We all know that the show could use some changes. Of course, they could stick with the corny country routine if they desire to close it down in a few years anyway.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I wouldn't have brought it up except to correct a factual error. Also, there could be a place for hip-hop in the CBJ if Disney decides to take an under new management approach in their refurbishment. We all know that the show could use some changes. Of course, they could stick with the corny country routine if they desire to close it down in a few years anyway.

No, your statements says exactly why you keep bringing the subject up, multiple times, in multiple threads....

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Yeah, cause "new management" worked out so well for the Tiki Room. That show was comedy gold! Über entertaining!

Florida_is_hot

Oh just ignore the Hip Hop .... you know I wonder if some people ever thing these things out.
You know Frontierland ? Sure they did not play traditional country music, hip-hop be a great fit !!!

Never mind anybody over 30 would avoid it like the plague.

It makes as much sense as somebody having Will Smith play Jim West in a Wild Wild West remake....... oh never mind that.

When is Country Bear Jamboree scheduled to reopen?

Clever Name

Yeah, cause "new management" worked out so well for the Tiki Room. That show was comedy gold! Über entertaining!
At least it was better than the old show. By the same token, CBJ needs an upgrade as well with new music and routines. It would save the show for future generations. As it stands now, if they just do a minor refurbishment, the show will continue to play to near empty seats (except during the busy season when people use CBJ to escape the heat). I understand that die hard fans don't want to see any significant changes but if the show continues in it current form, it will follow Mr. Toad and a bear figure will be erected in the HM pet cemetery. I'd rather see the bears live on with a whole new show!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
At least it was better than the old show. By the same token, CBJ needs an upgrade as well with new music and routines. It would save the show for future generations. As it stands now, if they just do a minor refurbishment, the show will continue to play to near empty seats (except during the busy season when people use CBJ to escape the heat). I understand that die hard fans don't want to see any significant changes but if the show continues in it current form, it will follow Mr. Toad and a bear figure will be erected in the HM pet cemetery. I'd rather see the bears live on with a whole new show!

It was so good..they reverted Tiki Room back to the old show. I agree, it needs updating, but shallow treatment of the attraction, like they did with Tiki and many other rides, makes it lose it's timelessness. The best thing Disney could do for it, I think, is encourage audience participation. Currently, there isn't much.

I've done this is a social experiment at that show...sit through it, or start clapping, wolf whistling and generally embarrassing the heck out of my kid, who probably thinks I've lost my mind. It's vastly different. It's quite interesting how enthusiasm is contagious. By the end of shows where I hammed it up from the back row, encouragement to clap, or dance, caught on through the whole audience. If Disney planted a plain clothes CM to do this every show, I highly suspect audience participation and satisfaction would improve.

There is a psychology to entertainment that has nothing to do with tossing out the neatest or coolest or trendiest thing. In fact, the simple fact that you enjoyed it when it is media that you do not normally consume *becomes* part of what makes it so memorable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom