Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

pumpkin7

Ooow...please don't be that person! :oops:

Or I can be that person in the front who walks out because fellow audience members think that not the show but they are the entertainment.

But please do report back here with your observations about the CBJ. Let us know!

Oh, sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I'm not going until June next year, I just wanted to be well prepared! And I'm counting down to the Bears reopening, not my trip unfortunately.

I am relying on another WDWMagic member to report back. :eek:

Perhaps I'll just sit in the corner and mouth out all the words instead then. I don't want to be the reason others are walking out lol!

PeoplemoverTTA

Here are some tweets that just came in from TP:

* Teddi Barra has a really great new sparkly hat and parasol, but she still has crazy eyes. Also her flower is bright purple and sequined.
* Lots of interstitial dialogue is missing. Show feels very abrupt.
* "Devilish Mary" and "If ya can't bite, don't growl" are both cut.
* Correction: A shortened version of "If you can't bite don't growl" is in the show, but it is moved to where "Fractured Folk Song" was.
* The "But you gotta be quick" song is gone. But, "Mama don't whoop Little Buford" is still in.
* Liver Lips McGraw has crazy, wild man hair now. It's so odd. Many bears got new costumes. Some are really out there.
* Gomer got new fur. He is like, a deep burgundy red with a blonde goatee. It looks so crazy.
* Lots of songs have been shortened. Finale is at least half gone.

pumpkin7

* Teddi Barra has a really great new sparkly hat and parasol, but she still has crazy eyes. Also her flower is bright purple and sequined.
* Correction: A shortened version of "If you can't bite don't growl" is in the show, but it is moved to where "Fractured Folk Song" was.
* The "But you gotta be quick" song is gone. But, "Mama don't whoop Little Buford" is still in.
* Liver Lips McGraw has crazy, wild man hair now. It's so odd. Many bears got new costumes. Some are really out there.
* Gomer got new fur. He is like, a deep burgundy red with a blonde goatee. It looks so crazy.

Teddi Barra, great. Nice to see the bears getting new costumes and fur.
I suppose it depends on what interstitial dialogue has gone.
Devilish Mary was probably my favourite song! Gutted.
Fractured Folk song I wasn't that big of a fan of anyway so that I don't mind.

It's a shame that they felt the need to cut and chop and get rid of stuff when they didn't really need to. I mean I know they're trying to save a few minutes, but surely the bears aren't that high capacity and aren't there 2 auditoriums? Just seems like changes for changes sake.
If all this is true, I'm suprised they cut Devilish Mary but not Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford, or Blood on the Saddle. Devilish Mary was one of the more upbeat songs and I don't think it was not PC at all.
And the finale? What was wrong with the finale? I wouldn't have minded them turning Blood on the Saddle down so you couldn't hear it over the main finale song, but again, a real foot tapper that didn't need to be touched.

I'm hoping someone out there will take a video! Need to know exactly what's gone on!

Megavolt

Can't say I'm surprised. If all this is true (I'll wait for the video), I'm highly disappointed.

pumpkin7

Wasnt this just refurbed in 2009?? Do they normally do them that often??

I think they put in a new sound system but nothing much else.
To be honest watching the last video taken before it was closed, it didn't look in bad shape really considering it doesn't get much love. But thats probably because it's a video and not in real life.

Todd L

My other question...Does anyone have any Idea how much Money wdw invest in refurbs annually??

I mean whats that amount in comparison to the amount spent on The Fle??

Todd L

I think they put in a new sound system but nothing much else.
To be honest watching the last video taken before it was closed, it didn't look in bad shape really considering it doesn't get much love. But thats probably because it's a video and not in real life.
Thanks Pumpkin7..i was there in Dec 2008 and I think I recall it was closed at that Time and when It reopened I remember people being upset they didnt do more.

peterpanic74

The cuts/changes/etc could've been worse, but they make me sad nonetheless. Didn't like the cuts made to Tiki Room either. At least the shows are still running.

Todd L

The cuts/changes/etc could've been worse, but they make me sad nonetheless. Didn't like the cuts made to Tiki Room either. At least the shows are still running.
God...i havent been to The Tiki Room In years..I still Do CbJ one time every trip. Thats what I get for letting the Kids run the trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom