Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

COProgressFan

You know... They constantly talk about the younger generation and how their parks have to change to accomodate this "new mentality". I just don't get it. I've got two teenage girls who are constantly on their phones and have the same attention spans these NextGen shills preach... But their favorite rides are HM and PoTC. They like Tower of Terror. They love the Tiki Room. And sure... When they're standing in line their phones might come out from time to time. So does mine. But when they are on the ride or in the show, they're enjoying it just as I did when I was their age and younger. And they're not alone. Not surprisingly, the topic of Disney comes up a lot with their friends. And what are THEIR favorite rides?? HM and PoTC.

I just don't get the forced agenda. I just don't understand what TWDC gets out of it. I don't see, in practice, what they claim of this younger generation. Great, immersive attractions will ALWAYS hold a person's attention, no matter what. I don't understand what's difficult about that.

Perfectly stated. I really don't get it either. Lavish, immersive attractions have always the most popular. So why insist on changing that formula that has been proven successful for almost 60 years? I really don't follow their motivation at all, but they seem almost hell bent on changing things...for what sake?

muteki

Perfectly stated. I really don't get it either. Lavish, immersive attractions have always the most popular. So why insist on changing that formula that has been proven successful for almost 60 years? I really don't follow their motivation at all, but they seem almost hell bent on changing things...for what sake?

Money?

GiveMeTheMusic

1) It IS nothing more than a stupid misconception.

2) TDO is not the decision-maker in cases like this. These things are up to WDI and lots of other departments.

There should be a law against saying "TDO" on these sites! :mad:

Are you serious? You know that WDI has no authority over the parks right? Anything WDI does has to be approved and paid for by TDO at WDW or TDA at DLR. In rare instances, like the DCA redo, TDB steps in and orders work from WDI. When it comes to a refurb like this one, TDO is directly responsible as WDI acted under their orders.

The Empress Lilly

Well this should put to rest the question "do you think Disney reads this site" that pops up every now and then, as if there were any doubt.
Yes Disney reads this. Disney's PR division is passing on this site, this thread, to laugh themselves silly at the inane conspiracy theories.

Sometimes it is no wonder Disney does not take its rabid fans seriously.

RSoxNo1

Anyone think Liver Lips's look was altered to make him look less like a racial caricature? I don't really think the Marc Davis era designers intended him to appear that way. But I've always wondered if anyone took offense to his name and appearance.
Considering that they removed the names "Monkey" and "Elephant" from the Big Top Souvenirs registers for fear of racial and bodytype stereotypes potentially being linked to the cashiers, this is a very likely explanation for the change.

RSoxNo1

I can't tell a difference...The original drawing becomes three diemensional..
1253906670_af455a493b_o.jpg
Where did that original drawing come from? Are there original drawings of the other bears out there?

WDW1974

That's exactly the line that I picked up on in the article that looked spoon fed from whomever his source was in the company for the Disney.com piece. How big is the payroll over there for PR manipulation of the media?

The fact they pay any of the losers at Celebration Place bothers me as a shareholder.

But, yeah, that line jumped out at me because well ... it tells you exactly who Disney thinks is most important right now -- toddlers and their mommies. And they behave in social media that way as well.

WDW1974

Careful, Tom... Too many high profile tweets like that will get you un-invited to the press debut of the new Cars Land at DHS. o_O

I kid, I kid. :D

OK, you kid.

But I wonder if Tom and the Mrs are being flown down in December for the press event. Can't help it, I'm just a curious Spirit.

WDW1974

Yes Disney reads this. Disney's PR division is passing on this site, this thread, to laugh themselves silly at the inane conspiracy theories.

Sometimes it is no wonder Disney does not take its rabid fans seriously.

No, what they're laughing at is how gullible so many fans are ... they think if they can put things over on the fan community that the average guest is shark bait.

prberk

If you had SNL on, then you would have seen some hot Yeti-loving ... and better yet it happened at a hotel called the Wilderness Lodge.

When was this Saturday Night Live scene that you all keep mentioning? This past Saturday? Is there a link to it on YouTube yet? Sounds interesting.

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. Just a coincidental name, I think. Crude, as usual, and not really that funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom