Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

texas211

Series of texts when I read this news...

Me: Sad news for me
Wife: What?!
Me: Country Bear Jamboree will be closed for refurbishment from August 22- October 18th :(
Wife: What are they doing to it? Making it not suck?

She's evil! We're going 9/29-10/6 :(

That is greatness..
Yeah, my soon to be wife. Less happy, but was glad she saw it the last time we were there (though might b/c I had just proposed... hard to say).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That is why it would make sense to create a whole new Hip-Hop show. Most guests are aware of the current offensive material and wouldn't be shocked if Disney cranked it up a notch. Of course, the entire theme would be done in an over the top humerous way. It would be a Hip-Hop parody.
What exactly is offensive about the material?

It's only offensive if your dirty little mind makes it offensive.

But then again some people can make ANYTHING offensive, when their mind stays in the gutter.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Harming learning disabled people (Little Buford) is offensive. The old Tex Ritter song, "Blood On The Saddle" is not a story about Humpdy Dumpty. So let's kick it up a notch and go gangsta rap!

Yes, because going "gangsta" would be a step forward. Again, Donner Party....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Harming learning disabled people (Little Buford) is offensive. The old Tex Ritter song, "Blood On The Saddle" is not a story about Humpdy Dumpty. So let's kick it up a notch and go gangsta rap!
Perhaps you should understand the origins of the songs before passing judgement on you're perceived meanings.

Are you sure you aren't the woman who thought Blood on the Saddle was about female trouble a few years ago?

Clever Name

Perhaps you should understand the origins of the songs before passing judgement on you're perceived meanings.

Are you sure you aren't the woman who thought Blood on the Saddle was about female trouble a few years ago?
I'm well aware of the origins of both songs and their original meanings as well as their parody meanings in the adaptations in the CBJ. The entire show in an anthropormorphic relic. History buffs love it. It is no longer entertaining.

Tom

Beta Return

Little girls wearing dental headgear who pluck fish out of an aquarium are offensive to me. Your turn.

WDW1974

I haven't heard exactly what is being cut and I haven't been following this thread, but can anyone quickly tell me what is known?

The Duck

I haven't heard exactly what is being cut and I haven't been following this thread, but can anyone quickly tell me what is known?
Only rumors as far as I know. There's a possibility that one (or all) of the following may be cut/shortened. "Mama Don't Whip Little Buford", "All the Guys That Turn me on, Turn me Down" and (brace yourself) "Blood on the Saddle".
Some folks seem to think that the P.C. Gestapo might be going on a bear hunt this fall.

ellie-badge

They may as well get rid of the entire show if they're getting rid of about half of it, imho. What made it awesome would be gone for the most part. Hopefully these are just rumors, though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom