Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

Clever Name

I never found the Jamboree offensive at all ever, and I doubt if guests really realize the slightly offensive slangs in the show.
That is why it would make sense to create a whole new Hip-Hop show. Most guests are aware of the current offensive material and wouldn't be shocked if Disney cranked it up a notch. Of course, the entire theme would be done in an over the top humerous way. It would be a Hip-Hop parody.

ellie-badge

That is why it would make sense to create a whole new Hip-Hop show. Most guests are aware of the current offensive material and wouldn't be shocked if Disney cranked it up a notch. Of course, the entire theme would be done in an over the top humerous way. It would be a Hip-Hop parody.

Eh, I still don't see how this'd work... It'd kind of lose its purpose, as it's supposed to be in Fronteirland.

Clever Name

Eh, I still don't see how this'd work... It'd kind of lose its purpose, as it's supposed to be in Fronteirland.
The cultural roots of Hip-Hop are ancient and go back to Africa, Brazil and Asia. In particular, Asian martial arts were a strong precursor to the modern Hip-Hop movement. Just as the early 70's hit television show Kung Fu showed young Caine delivering justice in the old west of the Untited States, its just a short hop to Hip-Hop in the old west.

The Asian bear could be a Panda, the African bear could be an Atlas Bear and the bear from Brazil would be a Spectacled Bear. Serveral Black Bears would represent the USA. Hip-Hop, Kung Fu and break dancing would make for a very entertaining show. Yo!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, I hope you're accustomed to disappointment, because that's never going to happen....

MarkTwain

Hip hop paved the oregon trail, yo.

Country Bears post-refurb:

Kanye.jpg

"Yo Big Al, I’m really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Humphrey the Bear had the bloodiest saddle of all time!"

puntagordabob

Iago was the warning and some say it was "Walt" visiting from heaven saying "This in my Tiki Room? No this will not do!"... then if he were to see his CBJ turned into a hip hop show I would expect Walt would burn the entire park to the ground if they did this.....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

ellie-badge

Remember the first two years when they pretended that it was Rudolph royalties keeping the show from returning? It took two years to debunk that and find out it was just laziness.

I remember that, too! There was also a rumor circulating that they stopped showing it because they figured most of their onetime visitors would rather see the original. Ugh, now I'm really missing the Christmas Show... I always thought it was always so cool that Disney completely changed the show every holiday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom