Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

ellie-badge

Look for about 3 minutes of cuts. I'm not aware of any single act being removed fully.

indian-cry-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1063.gif

(Just kidding, I can live with minor cuts.)

HM GhostHostess

Look for about 3 minutes of cuts. I'm not aware of any single act being removed fully.

What is the point of cutting three minutes out of the show anyways? The show is only about 16 minutes long and the entire show flows together nicely. I don't see how these cuts can be made without being strikingly noticeable. I would assume the songs would sound awkward if parts of them were cut out.

Animaniac93-98

What is the point of cutting three minutes out of the show anyways? The show is only about 16 minutes long and the entire show flows together nicely. I don't see how these cuts can be made without being strikingly noticeable. I would assume the songs would sound awkward if parts of them were cut out.

There must be some magic show length operational number where if it runs for x number of minutes they can fit more shows over the course of a day. Otherwise I don't see the point.

I may be in the minority, but I'm not interested in seeing any abreviated version of CBJ. If Disney follows through with this decision I'll be adding this to my list of "former MK must-dos" which seems to increase all the time in the regions of the park beyond the new castle walls.

Skyway

Three minutes could EASILY be cut just eliminating non-essential dialogue and tightening up segues between songs (just as Tiki Room did in addition to their song cuts)

Three minutes may not sound like a lot of time, but I'm sure the show's pacing will flow so much better for modern audiences (and as I said before, this is NOT a " short attention span" thing. It's an improvement for more sophisticated tastes in entertainment. There's a reason why they give Academy Awards for editing. Editing is about removing things to benefit the pacing)

By eliminating 3 minutes, Disney can run a few more shows a day, improving capacity. It also means shorter waits. (and please don't give me the "why don't they just cut out 10 minutes". If the 3 minutes removed are pauses and unnecessary dialogue, the show is better off while still being nearly the same)

jt04

Three minutes could EASILY be cut just eliminating non-essential dialogue and tightening up segues between songs (just as Tiki Room did in addition to their song cuts)

Three minutes may not sound like a lot of time, but I'm sure the show's pacing will flow so much better for modern audiences (and as I said before, this is NOT a " short attention span" thing. It's an improvement for more sophisticated tastes in entertainment. There's a reason why they give Academy Awards for editing. Editing is about removing things to benefit the pacing)

By eliminating 3 minutes, Disney can run a few more shows a day, improving capacity. It also means shorter waits. (and please don't give me the "why don't they just cut out 10 minutes". If the 3 minutes removed are pauses and unnecessary dialogue, the show is better off while still being nearly the same)

Accurate take I think. Although you can't completely exclude the shorter attention spans of the video game generations. The last time I saw the show I thought the pacing was slow. I think we have all been conditionrd to a faster pace whether we like it or not.

pmaljr

***RANT***

Big Al??? Folks, please quit saying that society nowadays has to have everything fast paced. It's called Frontierland! It's supposed to be set at a slower pace than of the stuff going on today, and it's supposed to be about a time where everything was different. What's next, the Liberty Square Riverboat is replaced by a jet boat??? I mean, If you want to cut something that takes too long, why don't you cut the bus trip time between hotels and parks and the wasted time putting 50 year olds on the bus with scooters that don't need them who then get off of them and sit in a regular seat, thus taking up 5 spots on a bus?

See, this is why people go berserk. They cut stuff and replace stuff that's been just fine for 40 years. But the nauseating, useless crap that exists all over the parks is just fine the way it is. This is an example of why you want to die when you get older, and you have a bunch of people sitting around angry all of the time. People cut the heart out of stuff you've loved for your whole life and then you have to deal with it, not them. Then, they wonder why you can't stand to be around it anymore. Just cut the whole thing, replace it with another gift store and meet and greet, and get it over with. Then, in ten years sell a t-shirt with Big Al and a red puddle on the ground for $35 bucks to a bunch of us suckers and remind us why we used to come to Disney and how great it used to be. That seems to be working. In fact, I've got an idea. Just go ahead and replace Big Al with Duffy the @#%$@#%$@# Disney Bear playing instead of Al and then there's a tie-in you can sell something with: Duffy playing "Blood on the Saddle", lol.

***END RANT***

The Duck

Big Al may not survive in entirety.
Sad and asinine at the same time. Of course I don't know what the plans are, but if Blood on the Saddle is going to be cut/abridged, the very soul of Big Al is going to be ripped out. If the song is what's going to be changed, what could possibly replace it?

J.E.Smith

Why!? They said three minutes. Blood on The Saddle, by itself (Not counting Big Al singing it over and over during the finale) only lasts like 45 seconds. And Big Al is the part of the show people remember the most. Why remove or change the most well known part of the show?

I mean, if unnecessary things have to go, they could just cut the part of the finale where the bears holler and "yee-haw" and go right to the second verse, if they can make an unnoticeable cut there.

MarkTwain

I don't get it. Cuts were made to the Enchanted Tiki Room because people were literally walking out during the slower parts of the show, and tightening the script a little bit was in fact the only way to keep guest attention for its entirety. With Country Bear Jamboree, a much faster-paced show with shorter songs and less dialogue, any cuts means taking out parts that are in and of themselves entertaining. So why do they think cutting it down is a good idea? Nobody that wouldn't sit through the Country Bear Jamboree before is suddenly going to like it because they took out half of one song.

Clever Name

As part of the NextGen project, WDW is incorporating more interactivity with the guests. In the CBJ refurbishment the new show will be cut back three minutes because it will have a surprise feature. Lazer guns will be attached to each seat in the audience. During the course of the show it will be revealed that the bears are using the show as a cover and that their real purpose is making illegal moonshine. Each guest can score points by shooting up the evil moonshine still and helping the revenuers to arrest the bears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom