Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
8,000 of 18,000 are getting something as they are back to work. Hopefully all can stay.
Sure, it’s better than 18,000 people living on $275 a week, but thats a real tough situation for the other 10,000. I assume since they are still furloughed they are at least getting benefits as opposed to getting laid off and getting nothing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

They did not include the "change in deaths since previous report" again - there were 228 new reported deaths.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.47.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.47.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.47.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.52.00 AM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I like your optimism but schools reopening will unfortunately keep the numbers plateaued at best, up higher at worst
I think at all depends on how long they stay open. Look at GA now. After all the bluster and political grandstanding they are moving to remote learning anyway in places hit hard. It’s possible that if an outbreak is noted the districts will just pivot to remote learning.

ImperfectPixie

Weird. It’s almost like the virus is doing normal virus things regardless of non pharmaceutical interventions. It also helps that Florida didn’t impose lockdowns onto their populace therefore keeping the death rate down. Wonderful what real leadership can accomplish.
I dare you to take such a cavalier attitude with someone who lost a healthy family member to the virus.

RaiseTheShields

Weird. It’s almost like the virus is doing normal virus things regardless of non pharmaceutical interventions. It also helps that Florida didn’t impose lockdowns onto their populace therefore keeping the death rate down. Wonderful what real leadership can accomplish.
I dare you to take such a cavalier attitude with someone who lost a healthy family member to the virus.
Sadly, I don’t think he’d have a problem doing that.

Also, what leadership?

Jrb1979

I laugh cause first lockdowns do work. If you look at what has been done where I live we have managed to keep our numbers low for weeks now since reopening. We've been under 100 new cases daily here and today only 1 death.

Second if Florida had done a lock down like N.Y. did maybe those 10000 CM'S might be back to work now as numbers would be lower and maybe more people would be willing to go. The old adage of the cure can't be worse then the disease is pure nonsense.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I laugh cause first lockdowns do work. If you look at what has been done where I live we have managed to keep our numbers low for weeks now since reopening. We've been under 100 new cases daily here and today only 1 death.

Second if Florida had done a lock down like N.Y. did maybe those 10000 CM'S might be back to work now as numbers would be lower and maybe more people would be willing to go. The old adage of the cure can't be worse then the disease is pure nonsense.
If you want to make an example around how Florida chose wrong, there are better examples than comparing to NY. Really, it may be one of the worst comparisons for multiple reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom