Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

Once you come the realization that any sort of April style lockdowns are off the table at this point, even if you don’t want them to be, it’s a lot easier to move forward.
I know we can't go back to that and it's off the table. I was just showing the non believers that lockdowns do work. To fix things now would be to make masks mandatory, enforce social distancing and the big one, mandatory quarantine if you leave your state. Exceptions being for those that work in different states.

SamusAranX

People here are wearing masks and the majority are following social distancing as you can be fined if you don't. The biggest thing is people here actually care about their neighbors and are more inclined to follow what the government has said to do.

Do you have concrete, tangible evidence of this?

I think in the initial short term, lockdowns help. But virtually every area that reopened slower and later then Florida is seeing second waves and spikes, albeit smaller then the first wave. Even with widespread mask usage and social distancing. We will need to wait a long time before declaring it, but between that and Sweden's example, it may just be that the virus is 'burning out'. Without the need for second, third, fourth, etc. lockdowns

SamusAranX

Its not just about wearing masks. Good on you for cherry picking what I said. Its not just masks and social distancing that has worked here. What also helps is people are opting to vacation within their own province and also not going out of country.

Again, and I am not trying to be flippant, but you need to provide statistical or tangible proof of "californians traveling out of state" and the correlation to the curve failing to flatten rather then slowly descend.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's the same old posting of opinions as fact.

Wild conjecture for conjecture sake - no evidence.

I'm sure there's an onlyIknowthetruth.com article coming shortly, lol
No. Not opinions. Actual observable facts. At least on my end. Luckily for you, you can spout hopes and dreams and ifs and thens and call those facts. If only we’d mask up harder! If only we’d lock down more! Then the virus would give up!

Btw. What happened to the overwhelmed hospitals and bodies in the streets in Florida and Texas and Arizona?

SamusAranX

Sailed and failed. Except that there wasn’t really a lockdown - just a shelter-in-place. And there wasn’t really a shelter-in-place because people and leaders.

Erm, except, people did actually voluntarily shelter in place during the lockdown:

Yes, Florida's order was not as strict as say NY; and i believe the merits of what reopened when can definitely be debated (looking at you crowded bars, youth sports leagues, etc.); and we should be wearing masks, avoiding large groups, etc.

But it's not *quite* accurate to say "there wasn't really a shelter-in-place because people". People were staying home and self "locking down"

ImperfectPixie

No. Not opinions. Actual observable facts. At least on my end. Luckily for you, you can spout hopes and dreams and ifs and thens and call those facts. If only we’d mask up harder! If only we’d lock down more! Then the virus would give up!

Btw. What happened to the overwhelmed hospitals and bodies in the streets in Florida and Texas and Arizona?
Something you seem to fail to grasp is that the virus is basically like involuntary Russian roulette. No one knows ahead of time how it will affect them.

Chi84

Premium Member
Too many people are ignoring reality. Complete shelter in place and mandatory mask orders would have (probably) curtailed the virus, but that’s beside the point because this wasn’t done and it likely wasn’t even realistic. Why keep posting ad nauseam that we would be in a better place if it weren’t for all those selfish “stupid” people who won’t comply? Placing blame may make you feel better, but it does no good.

When I initially questioned the effectiveness of masks, the answers all addressed how great things would be if everyone wore them correctly whenever they went out. When I dared question if any experts had an opinion of their effectiveness in the real world where less than half the people wear them and those who do often wear them incorrectly, the answers were pretty much “You’re a stupid selfish person who doesn’t care how many people you kill.” I never once said I opposed masks or wouldn’t wear them.

No one knows enough about this virus to say with certainty how it’s going to behave, and posting the same opinion hundreds of times and berating others doesn’t make one’s opinion more valid. I’m hoping for government officials and experts in the field to come up with realistic ways to move forward, given the fact that people are going to act like people.

Jrb1979

Again, and I am not trying to be flippant, but you need to provide statistical or tangible proof of "californians traveling out of state" and the correlation to the curve failing to flatten rather then slowly descend.
We will probably never know if that's the case. I'm just looking at differences in what's been done. Everything is open here and has been for almost a month. Our cases haven't spiked from it. The only difference is that the majority here aren't traveling out of province.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom