Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiseTheShields

I laugh cause first lockdowns do work. If you look at what has been done where I live we have managed to keep our numbers low for weeks now since reopening. We've been under 100 new cases daily here and today only 1 death.

Second if Florida had done a lock down like N.Y. did maybe those 10000 CM'S might be back to work now as numbers would be lower and maybe more people would be willing to go. The old adage of the cure can't be worse then the disease is pure nonsense.
This person doesn’t give 💩💩 about those CMs. But to add to your post, that’s just a count from one union. There are many more CMs out of work from other unions, non-union hourly, and non-union salary roles. I don’t know the exact numbers, but it’s thousands more. Just in Florida.

Jrb1979

If you want to make an example around how Florida chose wrong, there are better examples than comparing to NY. Really, it may be one of the worst comparisons for multiple reasons.
Yes they messed up at the beginning but you can't deny their reopening plan hasn't worked. I will give you a better example, look at how Ontario reopened their economy.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I laugh cause first lockdowns do work. If you look at what has been done where I live we have managed to keep our numbers low for weeks now since reopening. We've been under 100 new cases daily here and today only 1 death.

Second if Florida had done a lock down like N.Y. did maybe those 10000 CM'S might be back to work now as numbers would be lower and maybe more people would be willing to go. The old adage of the cure can't be worse then the disease is pure nonsense.
What magic is keeping numbers low where you live?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes they messed up at the beginning but you can't deny their reopening plan hasn't worked. I will give you a better example, look at how Ontario reopened their economy.
Messed up is quite understatement. Also, whether their reopening plan has worked is still TBD. Wait until the fall...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This person doesn’t give 💩💩 about those CMs. But to add to your post, that’s just a count from one union. There are many more CMs out of work from other unions, non-union hourly, and non-union salary roles. I don’t know the exact numbers, but it’s thousands more. Just in Florida.
Oh, you wound me. I actually do care about society. I am not completely blinded by Covid fear like so many. I see the consequences of our actions, I wish others would as well.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Messed up is quite understatement. Also, whether their reopening plan has worked is still TBD. Wait until the fall...
It’s worked fine. NY hasn’t done anything special. They just had a huge amount of now immune people. Virus couldn’t keep multiplying so it’s burned out. I honestly can’t believe this is still being debated. It’s clear everywhere in the world.

MaximumEd

Maybe both schools of thought have merit. On one hand, a lockdown can help slow the spread and possibly keep some vulnerable folks well. On the other hand, the virus is gonna virus and it’ll still move through the population either slow or fast until it does its thing.

Jrb1979

I will tell you why it's not working in the US and a lot of other places is cause of borders being open. Here people are doing their traveling within their own province and aren't traveling outside of the country either. People can fly out if they want to but the mandatory quarantine upon return deters a lot of people. In the states that have a quarantine it feels like many ignore it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I will tell you why it's not working in the US and a lot of other places is cause of borders being open. Here people are doing their traveling within their own province and aren't traveling outside of the country either. People can fly out if they want to but the mandatory quarantine upon return deters a lot of people. In the states that have a quarantine it feels like many ignore it.
I know. I know. You said this over and over again.

RaiseTheShields

Maybe both schools of thought have merit. On one hand, a lockdown can help slow the spread and possibly keep some vulnerable folks well. On the other hand, the virus is gonna virus and it’ll still move through the population either slow or fast until it does its thing.
The lockdown ship has sailed - at least it has where I am (Orlando). People can’t even comply with a mask mandate and physical distancing. It’s really not too much to ask.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No different then you keep saying it's going to come back in the fall. Another reason why I don't post much anymore. I keep showing how it can work and you all keep finding ways to dismiss it.
Once you come the realization that any sort of April style lockdowns are off the table at this point, even if you don’t want them to be, it’s a lot easier to move forward.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
People here are wearing masks and the majority are following social distancing as you can be fined if you don't. The biggest thing is people here actually care about their neighbors and are more inclined to follow what the government has said to do.
People in Cali have been wearing masks for months. Virus doesn’t seem to care.

1597426837277.jpeg

I’m sure they just had to mask harder.

Jrb1979

View attachment 490900

Its not just about wearing masks. Good on you for cherry picking what I said. Its not just masks and social distancing that has worked here. What also helps is people are opting to vacation within their own province and also not going out of country.

RaiseTheShields

View attachment 490900

Just because there’s a mask mandate doesn’t mean people are wearing them correctly or at all.

Mask mandate in Orlando - I can tell you from my own boots on the ground that it means nothing to a whole lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom