Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

The state is beautiful no doubt. I'm pertaining to the inhabitants and leaders. I don't really agree a lot of the aspects of this left-wing state but that's another topic.
Understandable. I have good friends and family members whom I don't agree with their politics, but I love them none the less. There are still plenty of California inhabitants that would agree with you. Like my SIL says we stay here for the weather. It's hard to beat 75 and sunny year round.

TP2000

Understandable. I have good friends and family members whom I don't agree with their politics, but I love them none the less. There are still plenty of California inhabitants that would agree with you. Like my SIL says we stay here for the weather. It's hard to beat 75 and sunny year round.

75 and sunny is Orange County. If you live down in San Diego County, it's 72 and sunny year round.

Theres a good chance. There’s a better chance it won’t.
I would just make an educated guess a fair amount of wheels are in motion that might be difficult to slow down at this point. Then again they still have time I suppose, but maybe they see the easier solution as tighter restrictions rather than full reversal. I can only imagine a lot rides on if the cases in FL see the same level of growth through the end of the week.

The statistics are shocking.
It’s all very concerning. It isn’t just raw numbers that are bad, it’s combined with a skyrocking positivity rate. The fact other states on putting quarantine measures on people from or who have visited Florida isn’t just a vindictive measure on the part of the North East. I’d like to think there will be a decline in this week, but I don’t think we’ve turned the worst corner on it yet. I could see why Disney could see a reopening in July being incredibly realistic when they first announced given the overall numbers in FL at the end of May to a point, but this feels very similar to the situation when all of this started back in March/April.

DisneyCane

We're in late June- death's shouldn't be flat at this point. And part of the problem, clearly, is people are not following the guidelines and they need to be made mandatory.
Why shouldn't deaths be flat? The point of all this was to "flatten the curve." So far the death curve has been flat or slightly lower than the early period.

Before somebody brings up places like NY, until the last week, Florida never really had much of an outbreak and the curve never spiked before. The Florida curve is completely different than a place like NY. Florida's "curve" basically ramped up as testing capacity increased and then stayed roughly flat until very recently.

NY has just recently gotten down to the daily death level that Florida has been in pretty much the whole time. Next, somebody will mention the lag from case to death and how we can expect an enormous increase in the deaths in Florida in a week or two. While the lag from infection to death is in that range, the lag from case reporting in the stats to death doesn't seem to be that long.

In NY from the peak 7 day moving average of reported new cases to the peak 7 day moving average for deaths was 3 days. It was a little longer in NJ, about 10 days.

Cases in Florida started significantly increasing by 6/14 so we are already at 10 days from that significant and noticeable increase. If there was going to be a corresponding and proportional increase in fatalities there should probably be signs by now.

JoeCamel

Why shouldn't deaths be flat? The point of all this was to "flatten the curve." So far the death curve has been flat or slightly lower than the early period.

Before somebody brings up places like NY, until the last week, Florida never really had much of an outbreak and the curve never spiked before. The Florida curve is completely different than a place like NY. Florida's "curve" basically ramped up as testing capacity increased and then stayed roughly flat until very recently.

NY has just recently gotten down to the daily death level that Florida has been in pretty much the whole time. Next, somebody will mention the lag from case to death and how we can expect an enormous increase in the deaths in Florida in a week or two. While the lag from infection to death is in that range, the lag from case reporting in the stats to death doesn't seem to be that long.

In NY from the peak 7 day moving average of reported new cases to the peak 7 day moving average for deaths was 3 days. It was a little longer in NJ, about 10 days.

Cases in Florida started significantly increasing by 6/14 so we are already at 10 days from that significant and noticeable increase. If there was going to be a corresponding and proportional increase in fatalities there should probably be signs by now.
Deaths are lower or flat due to age of the new patients and the ability of the medical community to provide more effective care #1 being the delay of ordering a vent until the last possible point.

DisneyDebRob

Florida’s curve is ramping up because more people are testing positive because the virus is spreading. We can go back and forth on.” It’s because there’s more testing “ talking point. Sure it has something to do with it but it’s convenient to leave out that it is spreading.

This week, both Connecticut and Arizona conducted 1.7 tests per 1,000 people, according to Johns Hopkins University's testing tracker. Yet, while Connecticut had 1.3% positive, Arizona had 22.1% positive for COVID-19.

Arizona hospitals on Tuesday reported the highest-ever number of beds and ventilators used for confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients.

Although it accounts for some of the numbers, let’s look deeper and stop with that talking point.
As for the deaths, I think your correct, this week and next should be key in those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom