Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Potentially the opposite. Locals are easier to to be told they can’t be admitted to x park today than people who’ve travelled long distances and have limited options elsewhere. Short term until procedures are tried and tested. Maybe.
Was thinking the same thing. And nothing to with Disney needing it, but us tourist APs spend a lot more than locals too. Only upside I see to locals over non-locals is as Guinea Pigs.

Animaniac93-98

\
Yes, I did. The constant arguing over how bad Covid-19 is, how bad the Shelter at Home order is, how people are going to die anyway,this was Chinese biological warfare gone wrong, etc, calling people scared or stupid, depending upon POV, etc.

Can we add "masks are scary/stupid and nobody should ever wear one" to that list because at least half a dozen threads have devolved into that.

Polynesia

Was thinking the same thing. And nothing to with Disney needing it, but us tourist APs spend a lot more than locals too. Only upside I see to locals over non-locals is as Guinea Pigs.
For DVC members to be first ALL the states will need to be at the same point of letting people freely travel. As I don’t see that happening real soon if Disney wants to do a soft opening it will have to be with locals. Even then Florida will have to wait for all counties to be at the same phase. Miami has been harder impacted by this and are just starting phase 1 on Monday. As others have stated Disney might hold off until more people can freely travel. Right now it’s a guessing game for all of us. I’m anxious to see how Disney Springs goes.

Disstevefan1

For DVC members to be first ALL the states will need to be at the same point of letting people freely travel. As I don’t see that happening real soon if Disney wants to do a soft opening it will have to be with locals. Even then Florida will have to wait for all counties to be at the same phase. Miami has been harder impacted by this and are just starting phase 1 on Monday. As others have stated Disney might hold off until more people can freely travel. Right now it’s a guessing game for all of us. I’m anxious to see how Disney Springs goes.

I have been watching vloggers showing city walk at Universal Orlando, they started with limited offerings, opening after 4PM. One vlogger said he did see guests not wearing masks and he asked a team member (employee) about it and the team member said That only managers were allowed to ASK a guest to put a mask on. The front line workers cannot even ask visitors to put a mask on.

it will be interesting how Disney handles visitors who don’t wear masks.

DVCakaCarlF

So, if capacity planning is a must, then chances are that priority will be given to those WDW will consider to be high-spenders, therefore day guests or lower tier annual pass holders might be more limited. Not fair, but since WDW will host less people, they will focus on those that will spend more $$$.
I doubt they would publicly announce or market to that strategy...those that attend more often spend less than those that attend less often.

HongKongFooy

back and forth arguments which go nowhere, as no one has ever changed someone else's mind. ;)

Is that really the end goal of discussion and argument(note: argument does not necessarily mean heated or emotional debate but taking a position and attempting to support it)???
If it is an assumed prerequisite for discussion here then I'm not understanding why.

It looks like you're saying you disapprove if posters remain steady in their position........or does that only apply to more politically charged speech?

3 2 1........ready for the avalanche of support to the rebuttal.

JoeCamel

Is that really the end goal of discussion and argument(note: argument does not necessarily mean heated or emotional debate but taking a position and attempting to support it)???
If it is an assumed prerequisite for discussion here then I'm not understanding why.

It looks like you're saying you disapprove if posters remain steady in their position........or does that only apply to more politically charged speech?

3 2 1........ready for the avalanche of support to the rebuttal.
Difference between steady in your beliefs and bullheaded to the point of obnoxiousness trying to convince others that only you have the true knowledge.

eta: on the internet.......

Lilofan

Very true. The corona policies and procedures at Disney Springs will be looked at and tweaked before the theme parks open. I am impressed that WDW is always a continuous method of improvement when they introduce something new.

Polynesia

There is now a virtual waiting room on Disney. com. When it’s your turn you have ten minutes to shop. I don’t know about anyone else but it takes me more than ten minutes to browse through their merchandise. 🤔

monykalyn

I think convalescent plasma will be the preferred treatment option going forward. If they can get enough and apply it early (later it can increase clotting) the progression of the virus can be greatly reduced.
Actually paper came out on 5000 patients receiving the plasma and serious side effects aren’t popping up in any greater capacity than when plasma is used for other cases-and these patients were the sickest people with CV-19. My husbands daughter is one of the authors of that paper (Mayo clinic Jacksonville). They are finishing the paper on a trial of 10000 patients with outcome data on using convalescent plasma- she said it will be out in 2 weeks. I’m taking this as a good sign of treatment (one of hopefully several) that will eventually allow more ‘normal’ operations, optimistically this fall?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Absolutely true, and that's what I thought originally. However, once they closed off dining bookings and everything else, the writing was on the wall.
Dining bookings are going to be a huge problem for the whole summer at least. Most of the popular restaurants get almost completely booked up 6 months in advance. So let’s just use 7/1 as an example opening date. Right now the month of July has limited or no availability for Be Our Guest. It was booked out in January at the 6 month window. It’s entirely possible that a large number of people who were expecting to go cancel their trips, but if they space tables 6 feet apart they may barely be able to get to 50% of capacity. In that case half the people with reservations will need to be cancelled. Hopefully a lot of those are cancelled because their overall trip is cancelled, but there will most definitely be people who have ADRs canceled. I don’t know how they decided who to cancel or if they just cancel everyone and then re-open bookings (maybe resort guest only) on a specific date before park opening. They should probably stop taking ADRs for the next 6 months out and the re-open bookings after they decide on a date to open the parks. For 6 months and further they should reduce available capacity to whatever level they think they will actually have available.

bcoachable

They have planned a raft of plans and regulations for reopening. Some expected. Some not.

They have a minimum ballpark time frame for reopening. It is doubtful to be earlier than that, possibly to be later.

Things are changing as new information it taken in daily, sometimes hourly.
@marni your posts are like the rudder on a ship tossed by the waves. Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts.

Miss Bella

Why does keeping your apprised through e-mails that important, especially weekly? One or two announcements should be enough and self explanatory. What the hell do you expect aside form cancelled or not cancelled. Of course Carnival cruise will be proactive cause that's their pride and joy and the core of their business which is cruising. Disney Cruise is just one of their many branches.

I would assume theme parks is their priority right now. Cruises I doubt is the last thing on most people's mind right now or even traveling out of the country. On the other hand, since cruises are a controlled environment, if one passenger has the virus, then they could just quarantine and test everyone in the ship to control the spreading.
Yes, I'm aware Disney is not the leader in the cruise industry and it's pretty obvious now. Cruises and traveling out of the country is not last thing on peoples mind. It just is on this board.
I thought I posted in the cruise section. I got my threads mixed up.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Although I disagree with the assumption that's the basis here, I'm intrigued to see what happens. I'm not a DVC member so it's simply sport to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom