Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That isn’t Disney’s job though. If people get to WDW then why would DIsney ban them? Does your local store demand to see your state ID before serving you?
I agree. The whole extra precautions thing with masks and social distancing will be tough enough at the gates. Imagine adding in carding every person and fighting with people over state bans. Not something they will likely want to deal with.
I dare say by the time the parks open all domestic travel, if not international travel too, will be operating.
I agree with this. The timing seems to be lining up that way.

lazyboy97o

I agree. The whole extra precautions thing with masks and social distancing will be tough enough at the gates. Imagine adding in carding every person and fighting with people over state bans. Not something they will likely want to deal with.
Not to say that I think it would happen, but the easiest way would be to just restrict sales. If your billing addresses is out of state then you cannot reserve or purchase.

Animaniac93-98

Not to say that I think it would happen, but the easiest way would be to just restrict sales. If your billing addresses is out of state then you cannot reserve or purchase.

The only loophole to this would be people who have rental/second homes, or relatives who live in the state and using that address to book.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Face coverings will be for ages 3+ and not provided by Disney. However, they do note in the FAQ that disposable masks may be available.

EYJ0Zz5WAAAVe5k.jpeg

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Well there’s you answer folks. Start training your four year olds and up to wear a mask.
I spent 3 months preparing my youngest for our first trip to WDW when he was 2 1/2. He's autistic, and being out in public places with him was so difficult back then that I almost became a shut-in. Totally worth all the work and tears (he travels so well now that I've been complimented by complete strangers), and I have confidence that I could very easily teach him how to wear a mask now. If it meant a trip to Disney, I'd bet a large sum of money that he'd willingly do it.

natatomic

I spent 3 months preparing my youngest for our first trip to WDW when he was 2 1/2. He's autistic, and being out in public places with him was so difficult back then that I almost became a shut-in. Totally worth all the work and tears (he travels so well now that I've been complimented by complete strangers), and I have confidence that I could very easily teach him how to wear a mask now. If it meant a trip to Disney, I'd bet a large sum of money that he'd willingly do it.

I promise I don’t say this with malice, because I’m genuinely just curious, but how do you train a child to wear a mask in Florida heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day without being outside in the Florida of heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day? Can you teach a child to wear a mask for short periods of time? Sure. I believe that. But how often did hear kids complain at the parks about being hot and just wanting to go back to the hotel room and swim, back in The Beforetime when no one was wearing a mask? Adding a mask into that mix? I see exponential growth of meltdowns happening…From children and adults alike!

Disney Analyst

I think if people really want to continue with their trips when the parks reopen, now is the time to put an effort in and to try and get members of the family all used to wearing a mask. Make a game out of it. Get the kids used to the concept.

Miss Bella

I think everyone is free to travel in the USA. When you arrive, you may be told you must self-Quarantine.

I think a lot of people will be vacationing close to home. I’ve visited my local state parks way more then ever before already.

Destinations like Vegas and Orlando are going to have it rough I think.
I know Yellowstone is opening up this month, but only the south side entrance will be open because Montana still has the 14 day quarantine for visitors in place.
I really think by July most of these restrictions will be lifted.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I promise I don’t say this with malice, because I’m genuinely just curious, but how do you train a child to wear a mask in Florida heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day without being outside in the Florida of heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day? Can you teach a child to wear a mask for short periods of time? Sure. I believe that. But how often did hear kids complain at the parks about being hot and just wanting to go back to the hotel room and swim, back in The Beforetime when no one was wearing a mask? Adding a mask into that mix? I see exponential growth of meltdowns happening…From children and adults alike!
If that’s the case then the near future may not be the time to visit for those of certain age / persuasions.

ImperfectPixie

I promise I don’t say this with malice, but how do you train a child to wear a mask in Florida heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day without being outside in the Florida of heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day? Can you teach a child to wear a mask for short periods of time? Sure. I believe that. But how often did hear kids complain at the parks about being hot and just wanting to go back to the hotel room and swim, back in The Beforetime when no one was wearing a mask?
He's been to WDW 4 times - once in August. He never once complained. Asked to do something else? Sure - but there was no whining or complaining involved. If we were to go to WDW while masks are required, we'd probably do early mornings and evenings at the parks and hang around the pool at the resort or do a water park during the hottest part of the day.

Part of my boys' autism is that when they decide they want something, they'll do pretty much anything to get it...that includes WDW.

Patcheslee

This may be a dumb question, but is it possible to have a fever but it be caused by something that’s not contagious?
Always possible, even teething babies get fevers, not to mention vaccinations being given can cause a mild fever that same day because the body is working harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom