Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouldigo12

I think people should lower their expectations on a vaccine. Even if one is on the market soon ,how effective will it be? Corona virus and RSV are the cause of the "common cold" and we have not been able to create an effective vaccine for either one.

An effective treatment protocol would be more meaningful. Not this throw ot on the wall and she what sticks methodology that has been promoted.
? How do you propose we find treatments? I agree we need to find an effective protocol, but it's not like doctors are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at patients for the fun of it. We don't have an effective protocol because we have no clue what works, and we won't until we start getting some results back from trials.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I also don’t get this whole second horrible wave coming ideas. If I recall both Drs. Fauci and Brix both said it shouldn’t/wouldn’t be as bad and yet some of you insist that it will be. Are we no longer looking to their medical expertise for how to move forward or because it doesn’t fit into our doom and glooom fear mongering mantra so we brush it aside?

Because the head of the CDC warned of it?

lilypgirl

Because the head of the CDC warned of it?

And then he explained what he really meant beyond the catchy headline and he specifically said the virus itself wouldn’t be worse and that he was just pointing out why the flu shot is more important than ever this year.

Disorbust

? How do you propose we find treatments? I agree we need to find an effective protocol, but it's not like doctors are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at patients for the fun of it. We don't have an effective protocol because we have no clue what works, and we won't until we start getting some results back from trials.

Because sometimes in medicine IMHO I think we spend more time looking for zebras when there a horse staring us in the face.

I am in no means a scientist However if they suspect so "many" have had it then ramp up antigen testing and covalecent serum. Test all O neg HCWs for start. Consider using serum earlier in the disease process. Look at D dimer and ferritin levels, why give it when it has progressed so far?

I would gladly sign up to be milked like a cow, then spend an extra day working ICU.

But then again, what the hell do I know lol.

DisneyDebRob

Nicotine itself can be lethal if too much is in the body. https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/idlh/54115.html
Yes, so can caffeine. In fact most things we enjoy can be. My point was is that if they are finding that nicotine has benefits to helping control this, maybe they can dig deeper and find something safe along the lines of nicotine to help. Early studies, who knows what can come out of it but we can hope.
They are throwing darts at a moving target, hopefully they hit it sooner then later.

Mander

In the Parks
No
I guess I am from the dark ages when we did not have computers and I remember being out of school for 2 weeks (illness) my school books and assignments were sent home. Strange kids can learn from books anymore

That wouldn't be ideal for most students long term. Two weeks? Sure. Even then you'll have varying success depending on the student and the circumstances. Plus you miss out on so much social and emotional learning when you aren't in school. I haven't been in a K-12 classroom since 2014 but at the time my district was heavily emphasizing collaborative, hands on work. My students rarely did work out of their textbooks. That would all be difficult to replicate at home with students my themselves. Even the college students I work with now are hating their online experience. The vast majority I speak with want to be on campus in the fall or may take a semester off.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And then he explained what he really meant beyond the catchy headline and he specifically said the virus itself wouldn’t be worse and that he was just pointing out why the flu shot is more important than ever this year.
The headline is ridiculously misleading.
In fairness the headline should read 2nd wave of coronavirus could hit the us in the fall or maybe it won’t and if it does hit it could be more or less severe than wave 1, we really don’t know. I imagine they couldn’t fit that on the newspaper ;)

The moral of the story boys and girls is that everyone should go get a flu shot this year :)

_caleb

Some have said that running the parks at 50% capacity will not generate any revenue for the company. Do we know (roughly) what capacity is the break-even point? Obviously there are many factors to consider in determining costs (immediate, long-term, public perception, etc.), but does anyone have a handle on Disney parks margins?

Polynesia

I haven’t gotten a flu shot in several years. This year I will get one to not just protect me but others around me. I learned my lesson😔

cjack300zx

So what do you do if you have to sneeze and you're wearing a mask? Do you just sneeze into your mask, then you would be walking around with a mask full of whatever came out of your mouth and nose or do you take your mask off and sneeze into the bend of your arm? I imagine that would make anyone around you very unhappy that you took your mask off to sneeze and possibly exposing them to any virus that you may or may not have.

The Mom

Premium Member
So what do you do if you have to sneeze and you're wearing a mask? Do you just sneeze into your mask, then you would be walking around with a mask full of whatever came out of your mouth and nose or do you take your mask off and sneeze into the bend of your arm? I imagine that would make anyone around you very unhappy that you took your mask off to sneeze and possibly exposing them to any virus that you may or may not have.

You sneeze into your mask and take it off & replace it with a new one as soon as you are in a safe position (alone & with a hand washing/sanitizer option) to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom