Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas Disney Fan

Or maybe it's time to adapt to this new world. Things have changed and businesses will have to adapt.

The new world of work at home should benefit Vegas (Orlando, Anaheim, Chicago and other major convention cities) in the long run, with many businesses permanently letting their employees work remotely a business trip or two a year to get together will probably become standard for a lot more companies.

Lilofan

The new world of work at home should benefit Vegas (Orlando, Anaheim, Chicago and other major convention cities) in the long run, with many businesses permanently letting their employees work remotely a business trip or two a year to get together will probably become standard for a lot more companies.
The International Drive convention center in Orlando has many hotels and dining options on I-Drive in walking/driving distance that depend on convention guests dollars and their families if they bring them to the area. This will not benefit FL #1 industry.

Last edited:
Actually, yes. IMO it does. Your reading up on things doesn't make you more knowledgeable than a doctor. That's actually our whole problem with the pandemic. People who "research" think they know more than medical professionals. They don't
Did I say something in my post that was untrue? I have a chronic disease that a have grabbed by the balls and beat into oblivion. I did that by researching, experimenting, and hard work.

correcaminos

Did I say something in my post that was untrue? I have a chronic disease that a have grabbed by the balls and beat into oblivion. I did that by researching, experimenting, and hard work.
If you cannot see how you are coming across, I don't know what to tell you. The good doctor didn't need you 'splaining to them and telling them why doctors stink. Your experiences are yours, yes. They don't trump those who make this their life's work. Even you talking about carbs was highly condescending sounding. Sorry. I apologize if that wasn't your intent but I know I'm not alone here.

You don't think Joe Rogen podcasts, foxnews and anonymous posters on the internet are great research tools?
Oh yeah. So on all of that for my info 😁

If you cannot see how you are coming across, I don't know what to tell you. The good doctor didn't need you 'splaining to them and telling them why doctors stink. Your experiences are yours, yes. They don't trump those who make this their life's work. Even you talking about carbs was highly condescending sounding. Sorry. I apologize if that wasn't your intent but I know I'm not alone here.

Oh yeah. So on all of that for my info 😁
Pot, kettle, black. Condescending, really?
While it’s clearly your intention to belittle anyone here who has a difference in opinion, it’s not mine.

Ayla

While it’s clearly your intention to belittle anyone here who has a difference in opinion, it’s not mine.
If you honestly believe you know more than a doctor, then there is no reasoning with you.

And that is the entire last 20 months summed up in one post. People who believe they know better or are somehow smarter than the literal experts because they did some googling and watched some Youtube videos.

If you honestly believe you know more than a doctor, then there is no reasoning with you.

And that is the entire last 20 months summed up in one post. People who believe they know better or are somehow smarter than the literal experts because they did some googling and watched some Youtube videos.
What!?!??!?? When did I say I knew more than a doctor. I took control of my own health, something that doctors preach. The information I used is from doctors.

You people are unhinged lol

lazyboy97o

It's true though, and it is or will be true for covid.
If there's an approved pill that can be taken after infection - that'll be the preferred route for the majority of American's.
Except that the majority of Americans have been vaccinated.

What!?!??!?? When did I say I knew more than a doctor. I took control of my own health, something that doctors preach. The information I used is from doctors.

If you’re listening to doctors then don’t add support for the guy pushing anti-vaxxer garbage.

Incomudro

Except that the majority of Americans have been vaccinated.

If you’re listening to doctors then don’t add support for the guy pushing anti-vaxxer garbage.
The majority of American's are indeed vaccinated, and that's a very good thing.
That doesn't change the fact the preferred "health" if you will approach of the average American is do what you will with your body, and when you develop problems there's a pill for it.

disneygeek90

Just wanted to respond and let you know I did read the article. I pretty much agree with everything he said, as I do work in the medical field and I believe God gave us these advances in medicine to use them. I think we just disagree on the overall role of the vaccines, atleast for now. I do believe the vaccines should be used and presented to us as options. As I've said before I'm happy certain people I know got the vaccine as they were high risk individuals. I just don't believe it's for everyone. Early treatment(medication is also debatable which isn't helpful here) is still my number one go-to as well as prophylaxis. Anyway I hope 2022 bodes well for you.
Confused why one would ever choose to be reactive instead of proactive. In nearly every aspect of life, being proactive is always better than waiting for something to come to you and then reacting.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I've met very few doctors who know how to really treat diabetes. And the American Diabetes Association and their "guidelines" are a joke. Quite frankly, Doctors don't treat diabetes, patients do (or don't sadly)
The above bolded statement. quoting a doctor while speaking about doctors.
Most people don't understand cholesterol. What it does, where it comes from, etc. For the most part, it doesn't come from what you eat, it comes from your liver, approx (80%) and is very important. Once I read more about it, it all made much more sense.
Again the bolded statement when quoting a doctor.

Let me help you out here. See above.

DisneyCane

Or maybe it's time to adapt to this new world. Things have changed and businesses will have to adapt.
When you say things like this it makes me think that you have never been involved in formulating a business plan or investing in a business. You can't just "adapt."

Let's say you own a hotel in Vegas and you decided in 2017 that if you invest $100 million in a convention center it will be a profitable venture. You work with a bank to get a 20 year loan that will cost $8.6 million a year and calculate that it will bring your hotel a net revenue of $10 million per year, giving you a $2.4 million per year profit.

How, exactly, do you adapt if businesses stop having the meetings and conventions that give you the revenue to support the investment?

What about even simple things in Vegas like food court restaurants that agreed to a certain rent based on the expected customer base. Now the customer base is much lower. Now you'll say well the landlord will just have to cut them a break. Well, again, the landlord invested in the construction based on the assumption of how much rent they can get.

It's easy to say that businesses will have to adapt. It is much more difficult to actually do it for many businesses.

correcaminos

Read above.

I also wasn't close to belittling. I was pointing out why you comments were not well received since you are so newer to the thread. Again my apologies if misread or misunderstood truly. Though from others it seems I wasn't the only one. Just helping you understand who you were quoting since they're pretty good for medical info here.

So to update good with friends. One whose kid had more symptomatic (but still cold like only) positive and one parent had super mild positive test (3 doses) are out of quarantine. All are better and half the house (both vaccinated) never tested positive. Friend with baby who tested positive a 2nd time this year (first time summer) is better. Both parents remained negative and asymptomatic this time. Hopefully kid doesn't get sick a third time.

Reading locally no schools plan to do remote learning at all. But we can expect in the area, to be on call to do remote if staffing issues come up. To me that's a PITA and kinda wish we could be remote for continuity. Back and forth with little warning happened last year, and that's more annoying. Fortunately we can do this no issues but still.

disneygeek90

571C6670-7831-46FA-B6C0-126594B2B291.gif

Jrb1979

When you say things like this it makes me think that you have never been involved in formulating a business plan or investing in a business. You can't just "adapt."

Let's say you own a hotel in Vegas and you decided in 2017 that if you invest $100 million in a convention center it will be a profitable venture. You work with a bank to get a 20 year loan that will cost $8.6 million a year and calculate that it will bring your hotel a net revenue of $10 million per year, giving you a $2.4 million per year profit.

How, exactly, do you adapt if businesses stop having the meetings and conventions that give you the revenue to support the investment?

What about even simple things in Vegas like food court restaurants that agreed to a certain rent based on the expected customer base. Now the customer base is much lower. Now you'll say well the landlord will just have to cut them a break. Well, again, the landlord invested in the construction based on the assumption of how much rent they can get.

It's easy to say that businesses will have to adapt. It is much more difficult to actually do it for many businesses.
I understand what you are saying and it's not easy to adapt. The pandemic has changed things. It's going to be hard to change but I'm sure businesses will figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom