Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlhwdw

When you say things like this it makes me think that you have never been involved in formulating a business plan or investing in a business. You can't just "adapt."

Let's say you own a hotel in Vegas and you decided in 2017 that if you invest $100 million in a convention center it will be a profitable venture. You work with a bank to get a 20 year loan that will cost $8.6 million a year and calculate that it will bring your hotel a net revenue of $10 million per year, giving you a $2.4 million per year profit.

How, exactly, do you adapt if businesses stop having the meetings and conventions that give you the revenue to support the investment?

What about even simple things in Vegas like food court restaurants that agreed to a certain rent based on the expected customer base. Now the customer base is much lower. Now you'll say well the landlord will just have to cut them a break. Well, again, the landlord invested in the construction based on the assumption of how much rent they can get.

It's easy to say that businesses will have to adapt. It is much more difficult to actually do it for many businesses.
Unfortunately for these businesses we are in a situation where a business model from as recently as February 2020 is outdated and not practical. If we have learned anything in the last almost two years, it's that we aren't going back to the before times.

I get that it sucks for them. But if the solution is to just keep sending large groups to be superspreader events during a bad wave, what does that say about our priorities?

EpcoTim

Did I say something in my post that was untrue? I have a chronic disease that a have grabbed by the balls and beat into oblivion. I did that by researching, experimenting, and hard work.
You’re a horrible person for studying up and trying to conquer an illness that affects you. How dare you. You should always believe Drs you’ve never met and know-it-alls on the internet. Hasn’t this pandemic taught you anything? You should be ashamed for having an illness that somehow makes you an anti-vaxxer.

EpcoTim

Person is to be released soon they think. I've known a couple who had them back to back. Having vaccines for both can help too.
But not at the same time, right? How is that relevant? Where did you read this person was being released soon?

BuddyThomas

To “stop the spread” I highly recommend kissing your girlfriend with a mask on like these two fine outstanding New Yorkers.

Your obsession of trying to shame NYC and own the people who are taking reasonable precautions during a worldwide pandemic that has killed well over 800,000 Americans and counting is starting to veer into the category of repulsive.

correcaminos

But not at the same time, right? How is that relevant? Where did you read this person was being released soon?
In the article stated they plan to release next week. Not covid, but I know some people who have picked up flu and strep or the like simultaneously. It's bad luck but that's all this is. Not sure why this is even news.

EpcoTim

In the article stated they plan to release next week. Not covid, but I know some people who have picked up flu and strep or the like simultaneously. It's bad luck but that's all this is. Not sure why this is even news.
But that’s not covid and flu at the same time, this is new territory.

EpcoTim

You should go back and read more carefully.
Nah, I didn’t detect a condescending tone at all. The guy was relaying his personal experience in the battle and what worked for him, something any Dr would like to take note of. I didn’t think any of his comments were disparaging.

EpcoTim

He repeatedly corrected doctors to bolster the point of an anti-vaxxer.
I was referring to the diabetes and doctors handling of it though, something I have experience with through a family member and the guy is correct on that. Wasn’t paying attention to the rest apparently.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

But that’s not covid and flu at the same time, this is new territory.

It's covid and flu yes. While covid is newer, having something like this is possible. This is also not the first or even second case https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/11/covid-flu-same-time/620729/
Sounds like a very good reason to be masking, distancing and washing.
If we could cast our short memories way back to 2020 flu season to see we can avoid flu. Bonus is it helps avoid covid as well.
So many just don't want to do the simple steps that are proven to work because it takes a little effort on their part. But it's not HARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom