Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

And people think I’m crazy. 🤷‍♂️
Still my ped office is at 33% and most of my good friends have vaccinated. Some struggled a lot to schedule. I know my hygienist had to wait until break because she was unable to schedule where she lived. Had hoped for clinics like at my school, but no go. So some of it I think isn't all by choice though a couple I was like "whaaaat?" when I heard they waited too long. Some are unable to vaccinate still though due to age. Friend just texted she got her just 5yo scheduled for Tuesday

ArmoredRodent

In my tiny, isolated, home county, which has one of the highest vax and booster percentages in the country, our pandemic total case number just jumped by 10% in less than a week. All because of one big Christmas event. I learned a new phrase: "tertiary contacts (people infected by people who were infected by people who were at the original event)."

Chi84

Premium Member
This Nashville New Years Eve concert on CBS is freaking horrifying. I can’t even tell how many thousands of people are in that gigantic audience, but I can tell that there is not a mask among them.
I saw that too. If there are thousands of people jammed in shoulder to shoulder indoors singing and shouting at the top of their lungs, I can’t see what good masks would do. That situation is just a recipe for disaster with a highly infectious variant.

Joesixtoe

@Joesixtoe, forgive me if I’m mistaken, but I believe you’re a Christian. This may interest you and others of a similar faith background who have religious concerns about the vaccine:
It should be part of our thankfulness as Christians to recognize that God so planned the world that even those who are not aware of the creation mandate or who deny God’s existence have, by virtue of his having breathed into Adam the breath of life, the capacity and sometimes the motivation to explore the hierarchically structured realities and stable causal processes that he has created. Virtually any human being, simply by being made in God’s image, may serve as one of God’s providential instruments to discover some feature of his creation that conveys the health and healing that, ultimately, comes only as a gift from him. The COVID vaccine is, I think, one of those gifts.​

ETA: For those who don’t like or who disagree with such religious perspectives, my own faith background and views don’t align with what I’ve quoted and linked to above, so please don’t shoot the messenger! I’m just trying to reach a fellow poster on his own terms.
Just wanted to respond and let you know I did read the article. I pretty much agree with everything he said, as I do work in the medical field and I believe God gave us these advances in medicine to use them. I think we just disagree on the overall role of the vaccines, atleast for now. I do believe the vaccines should be used and presented to us as options. As I've said before I'm happy certain people I know got the vaccine as they were high risk individuals. I just don't believe it's for everyone. Early treatment(medication is also debatable which isn't helpful here) is still my number one go-to as well as prophylaxis. Anyway I hope 2022 bodes well for you.

Vegas Disney Fan

This Nashville New Years Eve concert on CBS is freaking horrifying. I can’t even tell how many thousands of people are in that gigantic audience, but I can tell that there is not a mask among them.

That’s every week in Vegas, I’ve worked over 100 concerts this year, including 10 this month alone, one of those being tonight. Masks are mandatory here but if you’re drinking (80% of the audience) you can take them off.

I can understand why it would be shocking to people that don’t see it everyday but that’s normal in many parts of the country.

Lilofan

That’s every week in Vegas, I’ve worked over 100 concerts this year, including 10 this month alone, one of those being tonight. Masks are mandatory here but if you’re drinking (80% of the audience) you can take them off.

I can understand why it would be shocking to people that don’t see it everyday but that’s normal in many parts of the country.
Speaking of Las Vegas, my brother's firm was going to send several of their execs to Vegas for the annual week long computer tech convention this month. His company along with several other firms do not feel comfortable due to these current times and are cancelling making the trip but it probably will not stop some of the gamblers from going to Sin City.

seascape

I cant believe the numbers are this crazy. 31.4% of the US cases are now in just 3 states, the 3 states I own property in, NY, NJ and Florida. NY is at 276per 100k, NJ is at 248 and Florida is at 201. NYC is at 397, Essex County is at 412 and Miami-Dade is leading the US at 525. The US is now at 114 per 100k

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Speaking of Las Vegas, my brother's firm was going to send several of their execs to Vegas for the annual week long computer tech convention this month. His company along with several other firms do not feel comfortable due to these current times and are cancelling making the trip but it probably will not stop some of the gamblers from going to Sin City.
Most of the big players dropped out of CES this year

Heppenheimer

In my tiny, isolated, home county, which has one of the highest vax and booster percentages in the country, our pandemic total case number just jumped by 10% in less than a week. All because of one big Christmas event. I learned a new phrase: "tertiary contacts (people infected by people who were infected by people who were at the original event)."
One dunderhead playing broomball while sick was basically all it took for delta to start spreading through Vermont. Prior.to that, the state just had isolated cases. Now, we know what community spread looks like.

Polkadotdress

As I've said before I'm happy certain people I know got the vaccine as they were high risk individuals. I just don't believe it's for everyone. Early treatment(medication is also debatable which isn't helpful here) is still my number one go-to as well as prophylaxis.
What do you consider “early treatment” and “prophylaxis”?

Chip Chipperson

Just wanted to respond and let you know I did read the article. I pretty much agree with everything he said, as I do work in the medical field and I believe God gave us these advances in medicine to use them. I think we just disagree on the overall role of the vaccines, atleast for now. I do believe the vaccines should be used and presented to us as options. As I've said before I'm happy certain people I know got the vaccine as they were high risk individuals. I just don't believe it's for everyone. Early treatment(medication is also debatable which isn't helpful here) is still my number one go-to as well as prophylaxis. Anyway I hope 2022 bodes well for you.

Why would catching the virus, spreading it to others, and seeking treatment for it be your #1 choice? Because the odds of catching it without infecting anyone else are extremely slim.

Heppenheimer

There isn't a single disease in medicine that we would prefer to treat early rather than prevent (if prevention is possible). Prevention is almost always easier, cheaper and leads to better outcomes.

Lilofan

If they are vaccinated, who cares?
Seemed like you haven't read what the CDC said about this. I would wear a mask if at the concert and I'm vaccinated to have some sort of layer of protection but the many shoulder to shoulder unmask made their bed and better be prepared to sleep in it. Advisement from the docs are changing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom