Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John park hopper

lilypgirl

Schools can reopen when a state hits phase 2. If a state wants to keep them closed when they reach that point, I guess that is up to them. But that would be going against the recommendations from those who pushed this mitigation from the beginning.

Again homeschooling for the masses is not a good idea . Kids need to be on an equal playing field and that doesn’t/can’t /won’t/ isn’t happening right now . I can personally speak with my own two children. They attend private school so their online school was up and running 2 days after schools were closed. Some of the public schools didn’t even start until after Easter. “Uneven “ education is worse now then when we were just arguing about it in regards to zip codes . I have nothing against homeschooling but it doesn’t work for all families and not for the masses.
We need kids back in the classrooms and in the fall and I am sorry the numbers don’t justify the damage we are causing right now .

Last edited:

Nubs70

Apparently it’s the nicotine that could help.

It would be very interesting if it is the nicotine. Thinking about it more it could be the other crap that coats the lungs. I also wonder if the Covid lung scarring could be a factor.

A smokers lungs will elongate. This can be seen on a chest xray. The smokers lung will not fit in the traditional frame size as the lungs so not retract the full extent that do non smokers. If a smokers lungs scar, the lung doesn't fully retract. If a non smokers lungs scar, expansion will be impaired resulting in less volume of air being taken in.

Appears more to the Chinese and Italian death tolls being attributed to "everybody smokes" theory.

DisneyDebRob

I’d think if all the resorts are open Skyliner would be running since it connects Caribbean Beach Resort, the Rivera and Art of Animation to Studios. It would also be pretty easy to social distance putting one family in each cabin.
That would work I guess, but the next family in would be the problem. Unless they are wiping down every cabin every time it comes into the station. Don’t think they have that kind of time before the next boarding party.

Polynesia

That would work I guess, but the next family in would be the problem. Unless they are wiping down every cabin every time it comes into the station. Don’t think they have that kind of time before the next boarding party.
That would be a problem for busses, monorails and boats, too. People are sitting down in all forms of transportation. If it died t work for one it won’t fit the other. Quite a dilemma

DisneyDebRob

That would be a problem for busses, monorails and boats, too. People are sitting down in all forms of transportation. If it died t work for one it won’t fit the other. Quite a dilemma
Agree. That’s why I wonder how this will work at all opening with all this in place. Transportation will be a nightmare especially if we are to believe the post about the restrictions in place to start with.

Polynesia

Agree. That’s why I wonder how this will work at all opening with all this in place. Transportation will be a nightmare especially if we are to believe the post about the restrictions in place to start with.
I totally agree with you. I’d be leery of getting on the monorails Boats are at least outside. Disneyland will have it much easier in regards to transportation. You walk to get to the parks from the hotels. Their monorail is more an attraction than necessary transport. We forgot the teams from the parking lots. Those are packed and everyone touches all the seats and bars to get in and out. Wow. Lots to think about

SirLink

Ok, now we’re rolling. So you expect to flip on an NFL game in September 2021 and see a crowd full of people in masks?

A Taylor Swift concert where all the teenage girls are wearing masks?

Elementary schools filled with kids in masks?

If no vaccine is ready by September 2021 and being rolled out this goes for not only the US but the world you should expect:
-Sports games played behind closed doors.
-Concerts not to happen if they do they will be pay-per-view or 'Live' VOD. Such as what Edinburgh Fringe festival is doing you subscribe pay a fee and watch a stream of the stand up.
-Schools to teach like that in Hong Kong where teachers go into school and teach in front of a webcam to kids who sign in to a teaching program to share screen information i.e. text or equations.

surfsupdon

Hey crew. Mass transit is currently still open in cities under social distancing orders. Buses and trains and subways operate. You get on, you sit, limit your touching, and wash your hands soon after. And, again, don’t suck on your fingers or lick any railings. It works.

DisneyDebRob

Nicotine patches are deadly when improperly used!!!!! An overdose of nicotine will surely kill you.
The thing about nicotine is that it isn’t cancer causing or really harmful on its own. It’s the addicting part of it, like caffeine that makes it bad. Which leads to smoking and the thousands of harmful chemicals in the tobacco which is the problem.
If these researchers found that nicotine does help in reducing the chance of it being harmful, I don’t know how they could give it to someone without the chance of addiction. Could be a start for something though.

Lilofan

I totally agree with you. I’d be leery of getting on the monorails Boats are at least outside. Disneyland will have it much easier in regards to transportation. You walk to get to the parks from the hotels. Their monorail is more an attraction than necessary transport. We forgot the teams from the parking lots. Those are packed and everyone touches all the seats and bars to get in and out. Wow. Lots to think about
If the parks don't operate the parking trams, we have walked from the front of the park at DHS, Epcot and AK back to our car that was parked far away. It's not that bad of a walk considering we've been walking several miles in the park during the day. MK is a different story where the parking lots are more spread out. It was refreshing several years ago to jump in the resort pool after a long day, however with pools now having closing times, that's a perk that we miss out on.

DisneyDebRob

Hey crew. Mass transit is currently still open in cities under social distancing orders. Buses and trains and subways operate. You get on, you sit, limit your touching, and wash your hands soon after. And, again, don’t suck on your fingers or lick any railings. It works.
Apples and oranges. Most of mass transit in this country like you said, is open with social distancing. They can do that now because of the people staying home. Helps out big time. Disney however is a whole new ballgame. Thousands upon thousands of families with kids, possibly licking the railings as you put it. May take you 3 hrs to get to a park if they put a person in every 3rd seat on a bus, if your lucky. Logistics aren’t even close to being the same.

lilypgirl

If no vaccine is ready by September 2021 and being rolled out this goes for not only the US but the world you should expect:
-Sports games played behind closed doors.
-Concerts not to happen if they do they will be pay-per-view or 'Live' VOD. Such as what Edinburgh Fringe festival is doing you subscribe pay a fee and watch a stream of the stand up.
-Schools to teach like that in Hong Kong where teachers go into school and teach in front of a webcam to kids who sign in to a teaching program to share screen information i.e. text or equations.
Schools reopen in phase 2 of the US's plan. All parties involved in that have stated there will be no vaccination by then so I don't agree with what your saying on that. Also just read an article that France and the Netherlands are planning on reopening schools next week are they not sharing their vaccine with world? ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom