Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

What does this mean?

There is no way to social distance at a broadway show. Or a theme park. Or a stadium. Or a concert. Or a bar. Or a hole in the wall restaurant. Or at a kids birthday party. Or at school. And so on and so on. Right now all those things are canceled because of that.

So my question is, do you expect those things to be cancelled forever?
If the 6' recommended spacing isn't possible, face coverings can be worn. If two people are talking, and one is infected, but they both have their faces covered, the chances of the 2nd person becoming infected is reduced to something like 2%.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If the 6' recommended spacing isn't possible, face coverings can be worn. If two people are talking, and one is infected, but they both have their faces covered, the chances of the 2nd person becoming infected is reduced to something like 2%.
Ok, now we’re rolling. So you expect to flip on an NFL game in September 2021 and see a crowd full of people in masks?

A Taylor Swift concert where all the teenage girls are wearing masks?

Elementary schools filled with kids in masks?

PeoplemoverTTA

I’m sorry, I just don’t have the energy to type all of this out again. Please be safe out there...

95DB7316-5C8F-464C-977B-4798737F7C0E.jpeg

B747A405-2128-435D-AC30-7385E7AE115B.jpeg

A6A39D59-94BC-4AA3-964F-25851448041B.jpeg

ImperfectPixie

Students need to be in classrooms this August it would be a travesty for “homeschooling for the masses” to continue.
Schools are the least likely place for any kind of physical distancing measures to be successful - kids just don't have the ability to grasp how important these measures are. I'm praying we have multiple effective treatments by September, otherwise, I may seriously look into homeschooling, as much as I hate it. We have too many family members who are high risk to take a chance at infecting them, including my husband.

Incomudro

:bored:

We are talking about the future. In the future.

“social distancing is here to stay”

I'd imagine that much like our post 9/11 world, some of it will stay and much of it will be dropped.
How much and how quick will be tremendously infected by how severe things get or don't get.
Time will tell.

DisneyDebRob

I guess I'm missing your logic. It seems you're stating that restaurants should be forced to keep their dining rooms closed because potential guests might not want to come in? Do you think citizens should be able to make those choices themselves or do you think citizens need more enlightened folk to dictate to them?
Never have I said that restaurants should be forced to close. Why do people when responding to a post say things that aren’t said?
Citizens should make those choices of course. You or anyone want to go out to a restaurant, go ahead!.My response was to many owners of restaurants that have said that if they open, and they lose 20% a month in business, they could go under in 6 months. Once open they will receive no more government assistance and 75-80% income a month will put them under. See post 19,007 for more info on that.
With 60-70 percent of people, depending on what survey you want to believe, says they won’t be going out to eat in restaurants until they feel safe. I take that as most things we are doing now go away.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Ok, now we’re rolling. So you expect to flip on an NFL game in September 2021 and see a crowd full of people in masks?

A Taylor Swift concert where all the teenage girls are wearing masks?

Elementary schools filled with kids in masks?
I think we might see acceptance for masks. Not necessarily mandatory as we should learn more about how SARS-CoV-2 attacks the body with time, but at least when people are not feeling their best and not just dismissing everything as "just a cold" or "just allergies." This may also finally relax sick policies that were effectively relaxed for swine flu and then immediately undone despite their efficacy. I still think it might be a decent time to invest in companies that sell automatic door openers.

peter11435

Here’s what I believe could be different in a post-pandemic world:
  1. Social distancing will become the norm
  2. No more handshakes and hugging being commonplace
  3. Increased sanitizing of common objects
  4. Virtual cues for public events
  5. Online ordering increase versus in-person shopping
  6. Masks when you are feeling even somewhat ill
  7. Virtual meetings vs in-person meetings
  8. Better/advanced filtration systems in offices and public spaces
  9. More online schooling (lower ed and higher ed)
  10. Better and faster illness testing (to include at home testing)
  11. Paid sick leave for ALL employees so people can get paid when they are ill rather than working while sick
  12. Mandatory temp checks and screening at public events and airport
This is a partial list of what I can imagine. All could be done in varying degrees to improve our situation going forward. Will we do these things? Who knows. Should be do these things? Some of them - absolutely. Only time will tell as to what we have learned and how will will adapt and change going forward.
1. No it won’t
2. There prevalence will likely be reduced but not eliminated.
3. Agreed. At least for a while
4. Short term but not in the long term
5. It was heading that way anyway. This will just push it further.
6. I think masks will become more socially acceptable here like in many Asian countries.
7. Again. Already heading that way. This will push it further and prove just how much work could have always been done virtually or from home.
8. I doubt there will be substantial investment there long term
9. I think this was going to happen eventually anyway. This is just helping speed the process along and will be test of concept.
10. I wouldn’t hold your breath
11. I hope that is something this encourages.
12. I don’t see it happening beyond the near term

Never have I said that restaurants should be forced to close. Why do people when responding to a post say things that aren’t said?
Citizens should make those choices of course. You or anyone want to go out to a restaurant, go ahead!.My response was to many owners of restaurants that have said that if they open, and they lose 20% a month in business, they could go under in 6 months. Once open they will receive no more government assistance and 75-80% income a month will put them under. See post 19,007 for more info on that.
With 60-70 percent of people, depending on what survey you want to believe, says they won’t be going out to eat in restaurants until they feel safe. I take that as most things we are doing now go away.
Maybe you're not reading my post? I said "it seems" and I genuinely asked you a question. I certainly wasn't trying to misquote you. As for your current post, as a business owner I'm not sure what "government assistance" a shuttered restaurant would receiving. Could you clarify? If opened, a business would be generating some revenue. 80% of something is infinitely more than 100% of nothing :)

Patcheslee

Students need to be in classrooms this August it would be a travesty for “homeschooling for the masses” to continue.
I'm hopeful classes will resume in August with medical professionals having a better understanding of what will be necessary to keep everyone safe. At the same time reality is teen kids don't keep from holding hands, kissing thier other halves at school while younger ones are still learning their self control. It'd be the same issues with a bigger concern than "breaking a school rule".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom